Thread: Trump Expands Drilling In Utah

Thumbs up Trump Expands Drilling In Utah

The Department of Interior finalized a rule Thursday expanding drilling rights in Utah two years after President Donald Trump reduced the size of a pair of national monuments in the area.
    Trump cut the size of the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante monuments in 2017, which created a firestorm of criticism from activists who said the president’s decision hurt Native American communities.

Bears Ears and the Grand Staircase contain vast amounts of oil, gas and coal, as well as grazing land local ranchers hope to use for cattle. (RELATED: Trump’s National Monument Decision: By The Numbers)
    The areas excluded from monuments are protected by federal environmental laws, acting DOI assistant secretary Casey Hammond said in a statement.
    “With these decisions we are advancing our goal to restore trust and be a good neighbor,” he said Thursday.

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/06/u...park-interior/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I approve knowing that this may save some innocent foreigners from being killed.

Edit: by that meaning a little less “protecting the oil”, and yes I quote, bull$#@!.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 02-06-2020 at 10:07 PM.

I support 100 percent drilling in Utah.

"Take the oil"

That said, this could help boost MAGA's popularity in Utah ahead of 2020 polls ( despite some very shocking polls being pushed in news during past week).

We can go through the fact that he’s made statements that some have identified correctly as religiously intolerant. We can get into the fact that he’s wildly unpopular in my state, in part because my state consists of people who are members of a religious-minority church.
    Utah Sen. Mike Lee, 2016