Thread: It's the XFL! Who's with me!?

It's the XFL! Who's with me!?

All the games this week are televised too!!

Sat 2/8 2:00 PM EST (ABC) - Seattle Dragons at DC Defenders
    Sat 2/8 5:00 PM EST (FOX) - Los Angeles Wildcats at Houston Roughnecks

Sun 2/9 2:00 PM EST (FOX) - Tampa Bay Vipers at New York Guardians
    Sun 2/9 5:00 PM EST (ESPN) - St. Louis BattleHawks at Dallas Renegades

https://www.xfl.com/en-US

No doubt in my mind the Renegades will take the title. DC isn't even a state so I don't know why they get a team. They are better than the Dragons. Great idea, lets put a team where it's cold and wet.

Put a W by these teams names
    DC Defenders
    Houston Roughnecks
    Tampa Bay Vipers
    Dallas Renegades

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The rule changes should make it interesting.
    https://www.xfl.com/en-US/rules

I'd maybe watch if I had TV or a team nearby. The NFL could definitely use some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The rule changes should make it interesting.
    https://www.xfl.com/en-US/rules

I'd maybe watch if I had TV or a team nearby. The NFL could definitely use some competition.
    The kickoff rule in a nutshell.

Reasoning - Reduce touchbacks by both teams and reduce big collusions while bringing back the return.

The kicker kicks from his own 30-yard line and must kick the ball in the air and in play between the opponent’s 20-yard line and the goal line. If it's short, it is an illegal procedure penalty and the ball comes out to the kicking team’s 45 yard line. (So a 50 yard kickoff, in the air, no squibs, is all that's needed.) If the ball is kicked into the end zone on the fly it comes out to the 35-yard line. If it bounces in it comes out to the 15-yard line.

The players for each team will line up on the receiving teams 35 and 30. 5 Yards apart. Each team must have 3 players outside of each hash mark. That leaves 4 in the middle for the kicking team as the kicker is back. It also leaves 4 players in the middle for the receiving team. And 1 returner who goes anywhere behind the 30

Players can move when the ball is touched by the returner or 3 seconds after the ball touches the ground (when the official waves his hand down).
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-08-2020 at 04:11 PM.

I was hoping vegas would get a team again so I could help pick the cheerleaders . At least cowboys fans have a hope for a win now .
    Do something Danke

Not interested in the XFL.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I thought that was an 80's thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I thought that was an 80's thing.
    So was Bananarama.

And we still love them.

The timing of bringing it back is pretty right, and I hope they have much better success this time.

I still won't watch because football is sooper ghey, but anything that stands a chance of putting the NFL in its place is worth some well wishes.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would watch STL play, but if it is on ESPN, no thanks.

I cut the cord on cable a decade ago.

I won't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I would watch STL play, but if it is on ESPN, no thanks.

I cut the cord on cable a decade ago.

I won't pay.
    I just go to a bar .
    Do something Danke

Season kicks off today at 2.00 , DC is the home team against the seattle dragons . Seattle does not have russel Wilson but will otherwise be more likeable .
    Do something Danke

DC - seattle tied 19 - 19 with about 4 left in the 3rd
    Do something Danke

DC leading 31 - 19 with 6 to play .
    Do something Danke

Real football team in Texas , Houston , beats LA 37 - 17
    Do something Danke

Dallas scores 6 in the first half .
    Do something Danke

Call me when the rules are gone, when it becomes MMAFL..........

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NY defeats Tampa 23 - 3 with dominate defense in front of few fans . Dallas offense looks very lackluster, St Louis leading them 12 - 9 in the 4th .
    Do something Danke

The four losing teams , dallas , seattle , Tampa and LA do not look like they can compete for a championship . The four winning teams seem to have different strengths , NY and St Louis defense and the other two , Houston & DC offense and special teams .
    Do something Danke

Saw a couple of the games in passing. Guess I’ll have to pull for the Guardians, since they have a Raiders quarterback.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Now that we have established dallas as least likely to win the world is in harmony .
    Do something Danke

DC leading NY 18 - 0 before the Half .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Now that we have established dallas as least likely to win the world is in harmony .
    Now that Landry Jones is healthy the Dallas team will take front and center stage. He was named after Cowboy great Tom Landry so he's got that going for him.

DC looks like the team to beat . Best QB .
    Do something Danke

No anthem kneeling , good defense . Has a lot to like for a real football fan .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.