Thread: Are They Serious?

Are They Serious?

The Democrats have put their feet in their mouths time and again where Trump is concerned. They went so far as to undertake the most ill-considered crusade of impeachment, got their asses handed to them on a chipped Corelle™ serving dish, and immediately came back for more in the form of that little troll "Go" Nadler announcing that they will continue investigating and possibly subpoenaing Bolton.

Is there so much as a single functional brain cell to be split among the lot of them? Can they really be this stupid, or is this just more theater? I honestly cannot tell because stupid me still finds it nearly impossible to accept that people could be THAT stupid and not spontaneously die from the condition.

Is there no remedy in Law to stay the hands of these vicious rodentia? For all intents and purposes, these actions constitute an attempted coupe d'etat.

On other fronts... Pelosi tearing up her copy of the SOTU... Really? How petty and childish. Did anyone else observe and note the vacuous, soulless appearance in her eyes? It was so bad, so disturbing, I actually want to sit down with her for five minutes just to be able to look Pelosi in the eyes face to face that I might satisfy my cognitive dissonance. I'm serious, too... the video capture has a surreal quality about it, like a very unpleasant dream. Is Pelosi even human? I know it sounds like I'm being mean, but I don't intend it that way - Pelosi looks like an empty automaton and that is more than a little disturbing.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They want to be able to cast any prosecutions or investigations as revenge and "obstruction of justice".

They will continue the impeachment farces until they lose the House.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The Democrats have put their feet in their mouths time and again where Trump is concerned. They went so far as to undertake the most ill-considered crusade of impeachment, got their asses handed to them on a chipped Corelle™ serving dish, and immediately came back for more in the form of that little troll "Go" Nadler announcing that they will continue investigating and possibly subpoenaing Bolton.

Is there so much as a single functional brain cell to be split among the lot of them? Can they really be this stupid, or is this just more theater? I honestly cannot tell because stupid me still finds it nearly impossible to accept that people could be THAT stupid and not spontaneously die from the condition.

Is there no remedy in Law to stay the hands of these vicious rodentia? For all intents and purposes, these actions constitute an attempted coupe d'etat.

On other fronts... Pelosi tearing up her copy of the SOTU... Really? How petty and childish. Did anyone else observe and note the vacuous, soulless appearance in her eyes? It was so bad, so disturbing, I actually want to sit down with her for five minutes just to be able to look Pelosi in the eyes face to face that I might satisfy my cognitive dissonance. I'm serious, too... the video capture has a surreal quality about it, like a very unpleasant dream. Is Pelosi even human? I know it sounds like I'm being mean, but I don't intend it that way - Pelosi looks like an empty automaton and that is more than a little disturbing.
    She is reptilian.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Did anyone else observe and note the vacuous, soulless appearance in her eyes? It was so bad, so disturbing, I actually want to sit down with her for five minutes just to be able to look Pelosi in the eyes face to face that I might satisfy my cognitive dissonance. I'm serious, too... the video capture has a surreal quality about it, like a very unpleasant dream. Is Pelosi even human? I know it sounds like I'm being mean, but I don't intend it that way - Pelosi looks like an empty automaton and that is more than a little disturbing.
    Part of what you saw was Botox. The other part was the little nip and tuck she had during the shutdown last year. I would lay odds that’s why she delayed the SOTU last year.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Yes, more Kabuki Theater to drag out this manufactured drama all through the election year.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Glad I'm not the only one. Her eyes were really freaking me out.

It is all the other Crap ..pushed through nearly unnoticed.. (and it is)

while this is in the headlines.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Yes, more Kabuki Theater to drag out this manufactured drama all through the election year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It is all the other Crap ..pushed through nearly unnoticed.. (and it is)

while this is in the headlines.
    Yep, look at the shiny thing.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. Her eyes were really freaking me out.
    She's been freaky for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    She's been freaky for a while.

I try to live and let live, but Schumer really creeps me out. There is something satanic about him, with the quality that leaves me suspicious that were I to make physical contact with him, I'd get it on me. EEEEW... now I need a shower.

I have an acquaintance from my days at WTSQ, Josh Gaffin. Josh is a fairly far-left prog, but at least he has enough integrity to see another's POV and not go all ballistic when confronted with opinions he may not share. Anyhow, he once told me that his aunt MADE Schumer - that she was personally responsible for his being where he is today. That revelation felt similar to what I imagine it would be like, discovering the girl to whom you've been putting the boots for the past six weeks is the daughter of Gambino. "Will I be alive in 24 hours" would probably be the first thing to come to my mind... given that Italian thing about virginity and the intolerance and utter lack of understanding and forgiveness for which mafiosi are so notorious.

Crap... that got me thinking of Lou Reed and how I never had lunch with him, which makes me sad. Dammit.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    So far Deep State is siding with MAGA/GOPA wing and not with those politicans who overtly identify as Dems currently, so there are some hopeful signs for political future of MAGA revolution.
    If we assume this is true about siding, the question arises as to why the change. The answer might be obvious: Theye see the ship is sinking and do not want to go down with the crew. Get in the lifeboat, get picked up by USS MAGA, ingratiate oneself to the new crew, gain trust and the keys to the arms locker, then mutiny.

And so we have yet another reason why WE must be "government", every stinking one of us... because NOBODY is to be trusted where political power is concerned. Humans are simply too weak as a general rule, to resist the temptations of power when there are no potentially terminal consequences to aid in keeping oneself on the straight and narrow.

If we assume this is true about siding, the question arises as to why the change. The answer might be obvious: Theye see the ship is sinking and do not want to go down with the crew. Get in the lifeboat, get picked up by USS MAGA, ingratiate oneself to the new crew, gain trust and the keys to the arms locker, then mutiny.

And so we have yet another reason why WE must be "government", every stinking one of us... because NOBODY is to be trusted where political power is concerned. Humans are simply too weak as a general rule, to resist the temptations of power when there are no potentially terminal consequences to aid in keeping oneself on the straight and narrow.
    I think Trump is smart enough to make them walk the plank after sinking the Demoncrat pirate ship.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Part of what you saw was Botox. The other part was the little nip and tuck she had during the shutdown last year. I would lay odds that’s why she delayed the SOTU last year.
    No grokky. What does botox have to do with empty, soulless, demonic eyes that stare off into space like machinery inhuman?

An argument for a capital punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think Trump is smart enough to make them walk the plank after sinking the Demoncrat pirate ship.
    Let us hope that proves the case.

While I am opposed to the death penalty on principle, I make an exception for those in "government". The consequences for violating the public trust should be so horrific that only those most genuinely and deeply dedicated to the notion of public service would have the nerve to step up. The rest, the scoundrels, would be most likely to confine themselves to becoming petty pickpockets, rather than the grand variety which we normally call Congressmen and so forth.

I believe strongly enough in this idea that if the only way to make it happen were for me to become an executioner, I would pay that price to see the land cleansed of the filth and disease that has taken America by its soul.

If one thinks on it just a smidge, our political problems are VERY easy to solve. We could have an honest and high-flying America in a matter of months, were I king for a year. Ah, to sleep perchance to dream... or as my Michelle used to quip, "to dream, perchance to cream..."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let us hope that proves the case.

While I am opposed to the death penalty on principle, I make an exception for those in "government". The consequences for violating the public trust should be so horrific that only those most genuinely and deeply dedicated to the notion of public service would have the nerve to step up. The rest, the scoundrels, would be most likely to confine themselves to becoming petty pickpockets, rather than the grand variety which we normally call Congressmen and so forth.

I believe strongly enough in this idea that if the only way to make it happen were for me to become an executioner, I would pay that price to see the land cleansed of the filth and disease that has taken America by its soul.

If one thinks on it just a smidge, our political problems are VERY easy to solve. We could have an honest and high-flying America in a matter of months, were I king for a year. Ah, to sleep perchance to dream... or as my Michelle used to quip, "to dream, perchance to cream..."
    You should watch Star Chamber.

An argument for a capital punishment.
    For those in "government" who violate their oaths of good faith to the public trust, absolutely. I have ZERO problem with hanging government criminals. But to be clear, anyone determined to have falsely accused a government agent of such a crime would also face that fate. ALL men should be held to the same standards where governance is concerned and I would not want any faithful public servant to be falsely convicted and possibly executed because some $#@!head didn't like how they were treated at the DMV.

We either get serious about running a clean game, or at least be honest about it, admit our hopeless corruption, and settle with the truth that we are deserving of the chains Theye place about our ankles and wrists. Political systems don't clean and maintain themselves as if by magic. People of stridently determined intolerance of corruption and crime are the only means of keeping the infection at bay.

You should watch Star Chamber.
    Whazzat? Movie?

Whazzat? Movie?
    Yeah, The Star Chamber (1983)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCe1pHqP06A

No grokky. What does botox have to do with empty, soulless, demonic eyes that stare off into space like machinery inhuman?
    Botox is poison, injected to paralyze muscles. Nancy has what I call the Botox stare. She cannot show facial expression because of all the injections. Look it up.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The other was 9 parts Vodka to 1 part tonic.