View Poll Results: Did you know who Alan Keyes was before this debate?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

268 80.24%
  • No

66 19.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know who Alan Keyes was before this debate?

Did you know who Alan Keyes was before this debate?

Honestly, I had heard ZERO mention of him before this debate. I saw him in there and was like, "who's that?!"
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8

I dare you to find a more unorthodox video about Ron Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John Cox is also running in this race. Theres quite a few people on the Republican ticket that usually do not get invited to the debates.
    Charles Gathers
    US Air Force Veteran, 2000 - 2006

Duh. We has in the first PBS debate and he was also included in the Values Voters debate.

Univision lists 20 Republicans running:

http://www.univision.com/content/cha...tml?secid=4381
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

I'd heard of him but had never seen him before this debate. All I can say about him is... Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post

GOOD GRIEF. Half of those I've never even seen before.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8

I dare you to find a more unorthodox video about Ron Paul.

He ran for U.S. Senate against Barack Obama in 2004 and managed to get about 15 percent of the vote.

Keyes was the "genuine chocolate face" from Borat
    the rEVOLution begins!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpyg1258 View Post
    John Cox is also running in this race. Theres quite a few people on the Republican ticket that usually do not get invited to the debates.

John Cox dropped out

I was going to vote for Alan Keys in the 2000 primary. But it was already decided that Bush was the victor by the time it came to my state.

I personally thought he dropped out....... surprise surprise
    As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also. -Thomas Jefferson

The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others. -Adolf Hitler

He received 14% of the vote in Iowa in 2000, and finished third. It would have been a travesty for them not to invite him to a debate in Iowa.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

I actually feel sorry for the guy... he did have some decent points last night and I feel that the moderator was clearly avoiding him entirely on many questions. I don't blame him for "busting the time limit" when it was his turn because he so rarely got to speak.

Alan Keyes stumps for Ron Paul at 7:48 in the video at this link - it's intense: http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=211549

Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post
    I was going to vote for Alan Keys in the 2000 primary. But it was already decided that Bush was the victor by the time it came to my state.
    Supported him in 2000 as well.

-Bill

i supported keyes in 2000... i think he is a legit politician... i have no beef with him, but i was not happy that he cut off dr. paul yesterday.

he's well educated and has alot of experience in diplomacy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Keyes was very well spoken, made a lot of great points, and was honest. However, I'm afraid that some of his talk about religion and morals, and how it's critical to the republic, fell on deaf ears or was dismissed as simple preaching. George Washington held many of the same beliefs, and stated them publicly.

"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connexions with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked, Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in Courts of Justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

-George Washington, 1796 Farewell Address
    It's a shame that people like Huckabee use religion as a justification for dictatorship, and it turns a lot of people off to the religious history of our country.

I knew of Keyes in the 1990s.

The 1996 GOP primary had

Keyes (somewhat libertarian/Constitutionalist),

Steve Forbes (flat tax), and

Phil Gramm (PhD Economics, wrote "Laissez-Faire and the Optimum Quantity of Money." Economic Inquiry 12 (March 1974), deficit hawk who co-authored balance budget acts that made the '90s "balanced budgets" possible)

but the party chose the "tax collector for the welfare state," Bob Dole.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by hawks4ronpaul; 12-13-2007 at 09:00 AM.

He sure is an articulate prima donna. Too bad he is so full of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDude View Post
    John Cox dropped out
    Awww "Mr. Vote For Me Cause Im A Corporate CEO" droped out? Shucks. But seriously that what his whole campaign was centered on, that he was a CEO and that made him qualified to be president.

As far as Alan Keyes, hes a joke plain and simple. He tells us to run our lives like how God wanted but yet has disowned his own daughter. Hes for a Christian Theocracy, not a Democratic-Republic.
    Charles Gathers
    US Air Force Veteran, 2000 - 2006

There's a video from this year in which Keyes busts on Ron Paul's foreign policy. Keyes is a big war hawk and want to take it to the Middle East in a big way.

Yes.
    His views are pretty good, but he is preachy and comes across as always.... "Acting!...Thank Yaw".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post

great our main source is a spanish language website
    let it be remembered that never again in the future of political campaigns will a candidate receive the same support, enthusiasm and donations UNLESS the message is about liberty, freedom, peace, and the constituion. accept no imitations

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    He ran for U.S. Senate against Barack Obama in 2004 and managed to get about 15 percent of the vote.
    He also ran in the 2000 PUB Primaries before Baby Bush got the nomination. He is really a very sharp and intelligent person. He, however, should not have been in that debate.
    God made Texas almost perfect, but gave us 'skeeters, gators, rattlesnakes, and LIB DIMS ( still rattlesnakes ) so we wouldn't think we were already in Heaven.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post
    As it turned out, more is the pity.
    God made Texas almost perfect, but gave us 'skeeters, gators, rattlesnakes, and LIB DIMS ( still rattlesnakes ) so we wouldn't think we were already in Heaven.

I learned how crazy Alan Keyes was at the ValuesVoters debate.

Keyes got 14% in Iowa in 2000 against Bush. He is probably going to pull votes away from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Primbs View Post
    Keyes got 14% in Iowa in 2000 against Bush. He is probably going to pull votes away from somebody.
    Hopefully, Huck and Fred
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AisA1787 View Post
    I thought Keyes was very well spoken

I find it funny that people say he is so well spoken about educated black men. You never hear anyone say he is so well spoken about a white dude.

Chris Rock on white folk and Colin Powell: "... he speaks so well. He's so well spoken. He speaks so well. 'Speaks so well' is not a compliment!!! 'Speaks so well' is something you say about retarded people who can talk!"
    "Every generation needs a new revolution."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Actually most of the white guys stutter and have limited vocabs.

After Bush, being well spoken is a requirement. Maybe its the only requirement they think Alan Keyes meets.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast