Thread: Why Are So Many Dutch People Left-Handed?

Why Are So Many Dutch People Left-Handed?

How common are real lefties across different countries?

Many studies have been conducted gauging the prevalence of left-handed people around the world and website leftyfretz.com has collected the results and compiled a country-wide comparison. Statista's Niall McCarthy gathered the data presented in this infographic, most of which comes from separate studies from different years. For example, the European countries listed are from a 2009 study by I.C. McManus which found that the Netherlands has one of the world's highest prevalences of left-handedness at 13.23 percent.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/health/why...le-left-handed
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of our more recent presidents were left handed and their opponents were as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

To anyone curious of the answer to the questioned asked in the OP. I went to the link and read everything in it. It did not answer the question or even attempt to answer the question. Don't waste your time clicking on the click bait article.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

It’s a very interesting concept. My husband is left handed. Wish I was.
    “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”~~ Frederic Bastiat

Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

My dad was left-handed, but at the time he was a kid, the teachers (nuns) tried to re-train lefties to be right-handed. So he was able to write with both his right and left hand, but in fact, remained left-handed.

I am ambidextrous.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So only seven countries have more than six percent , my Dad would have said that probably makes it a defect , lol. Polar bears use the right paw to hide the black nose while skulking up on prey on the ice . Does that make them left handed or right handed ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am ambidextrous.
    Same. And I am Dutch.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Some of our more recent presidents were left handed and their opponents were as well.
    fwiw, left-handedness is a indicator of reptilian DNA.

The poll data is wrong. The USA is #1, not "#2"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Why no mention of African countries? Don't they have any left-handed people?
    What about Australian aborigines? Or people from Polynesian islands?
    Are we to assume these people have fewer or even no left-handed people?

By the way, of the 6 kids in our family, only one of us inherited Dad's trait of being left-handed.
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-05-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    To anyone curious of the answer to the questioned asked in the OP. I went to the link and read everything in it. It did not answer the question or even attempt to answer the question. Don't waste your time clicking on the click bait article.
    LOL

The title and the article ask the question, it's an interesting question but there probably isn't a known answer and it didn't say it had one.

Who appointed you the judge of articles around here, anyway?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Who appointed you the judge of articles around here, anyway?
    I did.

But may now revoke it.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Nothing more than a bunch of attention seeking albinos. They don't even play baseball there so no need for a lefty coming out of the bullpen.
    Hey look at me I'm a lefty and I ski. BFD

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Nothing more than a bunch of attention seeking albinos. They don't even play baseball there so no need for a lefty coming out of the bullpen.
    Hey look at me I'm a lefty and I ski. BFD
    Actually compared to most places in Europe, they do play a lot of baseball.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Some countries have more cultural pressure to conform to right handedness.

https://www.statista.com/chart/20708...ted-countries/

The United States isn't far behind with a rate of 13.1 percent while neighboring Canada has 12.8 percent. Elsewhere, rates of left-handedness are far lower and China is a good example. According to leftyfretz.com, only 3.5 percent of people in China predominantly use their left hand and that is actually higher than the rate recorded in many historical studies. It is thought that negative Chinese attitudes towards left-handedness are one of the primary reasons people attempt to mainly use their right hand with lefties often bullied, harassed and labelled abnormal.
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.