Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh says hes been diagnosed with lung cancer

Temporary Ban New York, NY

Rush Limbaugh says hes been diagnosed with lung cancer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Was Rush a smoker?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Was Rush a smoker?
    Cigars. He always has a fat cigar with him

Limp Windbag has always smoked cigars along with neocon kock.

A lot of neocon kock.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

A lot of neocon kock.
    Yeah he loved War and was close to Bush

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nhq-story.html

Rush Limbaugh denied health risks of smoking years before lung cancer diagnosis: ‘I would like a medal for smoking cigars’

Years before conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh announced on his show Monday that he’d been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer, he downplayed the health risks of smoking on his show.

The 69-year-old firebrand said he’s receiving treatment for the cancer but did not provide further details. “There are going to be days that I’m not going to be able to be here,” he said on his show Monday.

During a discussion with a caller to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” back in April 2015, Limbaugh denied second-hand smoke was a danger and said it takes 50 years for smokers to get cancer.

The caller was questioning Limbaugh’s logic that society should be thankful for smokers because of the tax money generated from the sale of tobacco products.

After asking who smokers were harming, Limbaugh denied second-hand smoke caused any deaths.

“That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed,” Limbaugh claimed. “There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 2,500,000 nonsmokers have died from health problems caused by exposure to secondhand smoke since 1964.

Limbaugh went on to claim “firsthand smoke” isn’t that serious either.

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he said. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh went on to ask why the government didn’t ban tobacco if it was so dangerous before claiming the society had vilified smokers, even though “their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.”

“I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying,” Limbaugh added.

During the five-year-old segment, the radio host pointed to other alleged incidents of freedom being taken away from Americans such as school children in Virginia having to eat lunches planned by Michelle Obama and New York City 7/11 locations only selling Slurpees in 16-ounce sizes or smaller.

Limbaugh concluded the segment by circling back to smoking.

“I’ve never seen cause of death: Tobacco products. Not everybody who smokes gets cancer. The most shocking event in the world is when somebody gets lung cancer and they never smoked, and everybody says, ‘How the hell did that happen?’ Because everybody’s been so persuaded to believe that it’s automatic.”
    George Burns smoked cigars and lived to be 100 years old. "I have had three doctors tell me to quit smoking- two are dead and the third one is developing a nasty cough."

""If I had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral. "

I pray he beats it.
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

Heaven must be missing an angel. He will be missed

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Cigars. He always has a fat cigar with him
    Should have smoked a Joint more often... would not have needed the Oxy,, and would have improved his health.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I find cigars to be one of life's great enjoyments. I am smoking one as. I type.

I am not saying they are good for you but Rush is the first I have ever heard of getting lung cancer from them. Winston Churchill smoked 250,000 during his lifetime and lived to be like 90. Castro lived forever smoking cigars. I watched some thing on National Geographic with oldest living man and he smoked 10 a day. Michael Jordan smoke six a day a day.

Hope the smoke Nazi's don't latch onto this.

I would guess most cigar smokers do not inhale and mostly are in danger of oral cancer like chewers and dippers . My previous dentist died before 50 of lung cancer , never smoked .

Although I can not stand the man politically, I wish him the best and hope that he beats it. Cancer sucks!

Arsenic in drinking water can cause lung cancer but not many people talk about that.

https://journals.lww.com/epidem/Full...inking.10.aspx
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Arsenic in drinking water can cause lung cancer but not many people talk about that.

https://journals.lww.com/epidem/Full...inking.10.aspx
    In people who smoked.

A meta-analysis of studies of inhalation of inorganic arsenic and cigarette smoking supports a synergistic effect of the two exposures.
    the average number of cigarettes smoked per day was only 13.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Too Late.. Their pseudoscience permeates the "health Care" Industry..

They also don't mention that the only Known and Definitive cause of abnormal Cell Mutation (Cancer) is Radiation..
    This is known but seldom mentioned,, especially in places where radiation is in common use.(Hospitals)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

What about rolling weed in a cigar leaf? How bad is that on the "that's bad" scale?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Too Late.. Their pseudoscience permeates the "health Care" Industry..

They also don't mention that the only Known and Definitive cause of abnormal Cell Mutation (Cancer) is Radiation..
    This is known but seldom mentioned,, especially in places where radiation is in common use.(Hospitals)
    Wait until the 5G networks start radiating everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Should have smoked a Joint more often... would not have needed the Oxy,, and would have improved his health.
    Potheads are so deluded. Every form of smoke in the world is bad for your lungs except for marijuana smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Although I can not stand the man politically, I wish him the best and hope that he beats it. Cancer sucks!
    Same.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    What about rolling weed in a cigar leaf? How bad is that on the "that's bad" scale?
    I smoke both,,but not together..

My legs are failing,,not my lungs..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Every form of smoke in the world is bad for your lungs
    Perhaps at some level,,

You go live in a smoke free environment,, no cooking, no heat, and no car.
    and filtered air for when the forest burns..

I'll enjoy what beneficial benefits this life has to offer. and thank God for it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wait until the 5G networks start radiating everybody.
    We should all be dropping dead from brain cancer according to fears about existing cell phone technology.

Temporary Ban New York, NY

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

A lot of neocon kock.
    He is better now on foreign policy than years ago. He praised Trump weeks ago for not starting any new wars & he admitted that he was wrong on the iraq war.

I find cigars to be one of life's great enjoyments. I am smoking one as. I type.

I am not saying they are good for you but Rush is the first I have ever heard of getting lung cancer from them. Winston Churchill smoked 250,000 during his lifetime and lived to be like 90. Castro lived forever smoking cigars. I watched some thing on National Geographic with oldest living man and he smoked 10 a day. Michael Jordan smoke six a day a day.

Thats pretty fascinating. Seems like the most unhealthy people are living longer than the healthiest.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Castro quit smoking at 59 (in 1985). https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/12...1641504162000/

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- Fidel Castro, who is almost as well known for his fat Havana cigars as his Cuban revolutionary rhetoric, has quit smoking.

'I haven't lit up a cigar for several months now,' the Cuban leader said in an interview on Brazilian television Sunday night. 'I reached the conclusion long ago that the one last sacrifice I must make for (Cuban) public health is to stop smoking. I haven't really missed it that much.'

The 59-year-old leader said he started smoking at age 14 or 15, but did not realize until recently that his habit of puffing on cigars and enshrouding his face in a cloud of smoke could be dangerous to his health and to others.
    Churchill?

https://www.churchillcentral.com/how...alth-problems/

In his later years, Churchill would often be seen with a cigar in his mouth. Capet believes that his smoking could be the reason why Churchill would contract pneumonia many times in his life. As a result of his smoking habits, Churchill would need to wear an oxygen mask even when he slept. He was given a pressure chamber, but was never used. He had even asked that a special oxygen mask be made for him so that he could still smoke cigars while wearing his oxygen mask.
    Churchill suffered his first major stroke in 1953 after having dinner at 10 Downing Street. This left him partially paralyzed on his lower side, but he was able to hold a Cabinet meeting without anyone realizing there was something physically wrong with him. Though doctors believed he would die within the week, Churchill survived this episode. This incident marked the decline of Churchill’s health, who was always exhausted at work. He was still Prime Minister, and had his successor, Anthony Eden, been fit to take over, Churchill might have been forced to retire.

By 1955, Churchill recognized that he was not as physically and mentally capable as he was at his peak and decided to retire. A year later, he suffered another mild stroke and suffered somnambulism (also known as sleepwalking).

Churchill’s Death

Churchill suffered two more strokes in the 1960s. On 1965, Churchill suffered a major stroke that left him on his deathbed. He died nine days later in his home. It was believed that prior to his death, Churchill was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, though it is more likely his mental state had deteriorated after suffering ten strokes throughout his life as well as increasing deafness since 1949.
    Jordan is an athlete and was in good shape (does he continue to exercise? Probably). The "six cigars a day" quote was to a cigar magazine so he may have been exaggerating for their benefit though he reportedly drinks a lot too.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-04-2020 at 01:50 PM.

I am one of those smoke Nazi. I work in a heart and vascular unit and I can tell u that 90% of our non overflow patients are current or previous smokers. If it doesn't kill u with cancer, it messes up your arteries or leaves you with COPD.

People now have an opportunity to switch to e cigsif they can't quit but anyone still smoking in this age is just asking for it

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    People now have an opportunity to switch to e cigsif they can't quit but anyone still smoking in this age is just asking for it
    I smoke 10 a day. if it was that easy to quit i would have done it long ago.

I could have sworn he used to smoke cigarettes. Afterall, one of his catch lines he said every day was "I have it right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers. "

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I could have sworn he used to smoke cigarettes. Afterall, one of his catch lines he said every day was "I have it right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers. "
    In 2010 he claimed he quit smoking cigarettes by using e-cigs.

https://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds...re/0654459.htm

Rush announced on his radio show on August 18, 2010 his switch to an electric cigarette to kick the habit and the immediate positive effects from the device. He compared the electric cigarette to other smoking cessation methods and noted the reason why he feels it is more successful for him is because it looks like a cigarette, gives the oral gratification and eliminates the tar and combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I smoke 10 a day. if it was that easy to quit i would have done it long ago.
    My good friend smoked for 30+ yrs and could not quit for nothing. Her dad who smoked died of lung cancer, mom had COPD but she was able to quit with e cigs. It's so much better for you that the regular cig.

I wish u the best but e cigs have assisted millions of people in quitting cigarettes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast