Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man gets 99 years in prison for kicking police officer

Man gets 99 years in prison for kicking police officer

DENISON, Texas (KXII/Gray News) - A jury handed down a 99-year sentence after repeat offender Donnie Mills assaulted a Denison police officer in April.

Bodycam footage showed the moment the 59-year-old kicked Officer Chris Bell inside a local hospital.

On April 26, Bell clocked Mills speeding on Highway 91.

Bell pulled Mills over and said he smelled alcohol on his breath, which Mills said he admitted to drinking earlier in the day.

Mills was arrested for driving while intoxicated and was taken to a local hospital for a blood sample.

Inside the hospital, Mills started to threaten Bell. Moments later, Mills was placed on a gurney for a blood sample, that was when he kicked Mills in the face.

Bell was not seriously hurt and did not need medical attention.

The blood sample showed Mills' blood alcohol content was nearly two and a half times the legal limit.

This was not Mills’ first run-in with the law. He has been to prison for drugs, burglary, aggravated assault on a public servant and felony DWI.

"He has a 40-year criminal history going back starting in 1979 with his first DWI, and he has been to the penitentiary for five different felonies," said Assistant District Attorney Don Hoover.

The verdict was handed down by the jury Wednesday morning after one day of deliberations.

"The Grayson County jury, the citizens of Grayson County have a zero-tolerance for violence on peace officers. I think that's a loud and clear message. This defendant will have the rest of his life to think about his actions," said Grayson County District Attorney Brett Smith.

Smith says Mills will be up for parole in 24 years.
    https://www.wtvm.com/2019/09/26/man-...olice-officer/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Punishment deserved but a little long.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Punishment deserved but a little long.
    Just a bit.

Bell was not seriously hurt and did not need medical attention.
    "The Patriarch"

Police officers are a protected class

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Just a bit.
    Yes. 6-9 months for both the DWI and the physical abuse would be more appropriate. Although I'm quite sure it would be much less where I'm from.
    "I am a bird"

Unconstitutional
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He shouldn't have gotten 100 years for attacking an Officer.

He should have gotten the death penalty.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Unconstitutional
    Ya think?
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    12 citizens decided kicking at a cop deserves 99 years in prison. Let that sink in.
    "The Patriarch"

12 citizens decided kicking at a cop deserves 99 years in prison. Let that sink in.
    Copsuckers.

Decades of brainwashing, heroes/public servants etc.

This was not Mills’ first run-in with the law. He has been to prison for drugs, burglary, aggravated assault on a public servant and felony DWI.

"He has a 40-year criminal history going back starting in 1979 with his first DWI, and he has been to the penitentiary for five different felonies," said Assistant District Attorney Don Hoover.
    Hmmm. Did the jury take that history into account, or is this just a justification for the unjust sentence? Seems like most of the time it is said that other offenses can not be brought up when trying a specific charge.

Some trials are more equal than other trials.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    seems like they put him away because he won't stop drinking and driving. They might save someone's life.
    Why dont they just put device on his car so he has to breath into it before it starts? locking him for 99 years is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Why dont they just put device on his car so he has to breath into it before it starts? locking him for 99 years is crazy.
    That guy is so determined he would find a way around it. Some people want to watch the world burn.

seems like they put him away because he won't stop drinking and driving. They might save someone's life.
    So, pre crime then.
    "The Patriarch"

So, pre crime then.
    their favorite...the UNKOWN
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    99 years? He won't even be able to live out that sentence.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Police officers are a protected class
    Like kicking the King in the mouth.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

So, pre crime then.
    Try to wrap your head around "Constructive Possession". (Legal Fiction)

A Strawman Argument with a Pre-Crime aspect.

My 4th Felony.

fiction meets reality
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Cop kills a motorist, he gets two weeks suspension with pay, brutal , unfair punishment,
    he's a cop.
    I was tailgated by a cop today, on my motor bike; Serve and Protect............right.....

So, pre crime then.
    he has been drunk driving for 40 years. Do you think he only did it the times he got caught? It's luck that he hasn't killed already, How hard is it not to drink and drive when you can get an Uber any time??

Wouldn't he have gotten the same sentence for killing the cop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Wouldn't he have gotten the same sentence for killing the cop?
    If they let him live long enough to go to court, yes.
    "The Patriarch"

he has been drunk driving for 40 years. Do you think he only did it the times he got caught? It's luck that he hasn't killed already, How hard is it not to drink and drive when you can get an Uber any time??
    TheTexan isn't the only parody account here.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TheTexan isn't the only parody account here.
    I hope no one you know and love doesn't ever get killed by a drunk driver. You would probably want to murder someone for that. Prison is for keeping people away from society who are a danger to themselves and others.

I hope no one you know and love doesn't ever get killed by a drunk driver. You would probably want to murder someone for that. Prison is for keeping people away from society who are a danger to themselves and others.
    I Knew a drunk that killed herself on a motorcycle,, just herself. makes one in my years.

I fixed a Lot of wrecks over 20 years,,very few were drunk accidents.

The vast majority of fatalities are caused by sober drivers doing something stupid.

Honestly,,the drunk repairs were generally minor scratches and fender benders.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So he's been doing it for forty years, and it's luck. I still think you're just playing devils advocate, but in case you're not, nobody does something for forty years and causes no harm out of luck. You're saying someone should go to prison for life because he might kill someone even though he's been doing it for forty years and has injured nobody.

Paranoid much?

Lets take the guns away from anyone who can't pass a psychological test that you approve of, then we can all be safe and secure. It will be so warm and fuzzy.
    "The Patriarch"

So he's been doing it for forty years, and it's luck. I still think you're just playing devils advocate, but in case you're not, nobody does something for forty years and causes no harm out of luck. You're saying someone should go to prison for life because he might kill someone even though he's been doing it for forty years and has injured nobody.

Paranoid much?

Lets take the guns away from anyone who can't pass a psychological test that you approve of, then we can all be safe and secure. It will be so warm and fuzzy.
    Drunk driving is Russian roulette with yours and other people's lives. it's a game of chance. We are lucky he hasn't killed and won't.

Drunk driving is Russian roulette with yours and other people's lives. it's a game of chance. We are lucky he hasn't killed and won't.
    Stupid people driving is Russian roulette, people texting and driving is Russian roulette......how far are you willing to take this? Or are you just a Moms Against Drink Driving kind of gal? I see idiots posing risk to other drivers every single time I drive, should we give them all life sentences in prison?
    "The Patriarch"

Stupid people driving is Russian roulette, people texting and driving is Russian roulette......how far are you willing to take this? Or are you just a Moms Against Drink Driving kind of gal? I see idiots posing risk to other drivers every single time I drive, should we give them all life sentences in prison?
    Drunk driving isn't a victimless crime. it has killed a lot of people. How would you feel if someone you loved died from a drunk driver?? Like your own blood...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast