Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man gets 99 years in prison for kicking police officer

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Drunk driving isn't a victimless crime. it has killed a lot of people. How would you feel if someone you loved died from a drunk driver?? Like your own blood...?
    So has texting and driving;

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
    Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
    1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
    Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
    https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acci...tatistics.html

The United States Department of Transportation reported the cell phones are involved in a whopping 1.6 million auto crashes each year, causing half a million injuries and prompting 6,000 deaths annually.
    Texting while driving is even more dangerous than driving while under the influence of alcohol. The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute reports that texting while driving is six times more likely to cause a crash than intoxication. Someone texting while driving mimics the driving ability of someone who consumed four beers in an hour.
    26 percent of all motor vehicle crashes are related to the use of cell phones.
    https://teensafe.com/texting-and-dri...nd-statistics/

I'll ask again..
    Stupid people driving is Russian roulette, people texting and driving is Russian roulette......how far are you willing to take this? Or are you just a Moms Against Drink Driving kind of gal? I see idiots posing risk to other drivers every single time I drive, should we give them all life sentences in prison?

Texting and driving isn't a victimless crime. it has killed a lot of people. How would you feel if someone you loved died from a texting driver?? Like your own blood...?

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So has texting and driving;

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acci...tatistics.html

https://teensafe.com/texting-and-dri...nd-statistics/

I'll ask again..
    Stupid people driving is Russian roulette, people texting and driving is Russian roulette......how far are you willing to take this? Or are you just a Moms Against Drink Driving kind of gal? I see idiots posing risk to other drivers every single time I drive, should we give them all life sentences in prison?

Texting and driving isn't a victimless crime. it has killed a lot of people. How would you feel if someone you loved died from a texting driver?? Like your own blood...?

Just because there are riskier things than drunk driving doesnt mean it's safe. 30 people die every day and 44 billion in dāmage a year. That's enough to pay for war against Afghanistan.

Just because there are riskier things than drunk driving doesnt mean it's safe. 30 people die every day and 44 billion in dāmage a year. That's enough to pay for war against Afghanistan.
    Why do you keep deflecting and refuse to answer my question? Should people be put in prison for life for texting and driving also because it is shown to be far more dangerous than drinking and driving?

If not, why not? Why do you only draw the line at the proven to be less dangerous drunk driving and exempt the more dangerous texting and driving?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Why do you keep deflecting and refuse to answer my question? Should people be put in prison for life for texting and driving also because it is shown to be far more dangerous than drinking and driving?

If not, why not? Why do you only draw the line at the proven to be less dangerous drunk driving and exempt the more dangerous texting and driving?
    I don't want cops searching people's phones.

he has been drunk driving for 40 years. Do you think he only did it the times he got caught? It's luck that he hasn't killed already, How hard is it not to drink and drive when you can get an Uber any time??
    Maybe he has a high tolerance for alcohol and wasn't really drunk.

Just because his blood alcohol level was above the arbitrary limit, that doesn't mean he was impaired.

They need to put people in a driving simulator to determine what their impairment level is, not just say a certain blood alcohol level means they are impaired.

I've known many people who could drink me under the table and then drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe he has a high tolerance for alcohol and wasn't really drunk.

Just because his blood alcohol level was above the arbitrary limit, that doesn't mean he was impaired.

They need to put people in a driving simulator to determine what their impairment level is, not just say a certain blood alcohol level means they are impaired.

I've known many people who could drink me under the table and then drive home.
    You don't get pulled over like that because you are driving poorly and feel like you should kick a cop in the face if you aren't drunk.

You don't get pulled over like that because you are driving poorly and feel like you should kick a cop in the face if you aren't drunk.
    I know a guy who had brake failure, one of his brake lines split and in order to keep from rear ending the vehicle in front of him, he pulled the parking brake and went off the road, rolling his vehicle. Yeah... the cop smelled his breath and wrote him up.

Would a drunk, be able to think fast enough to pull the parking brake and ditch the vehicle or would he just run into the vehicle in front of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I know a guy who had brake failure, one of his brake lines split and in order to keep from rear ending the vehicle in front of him, he pulled the parking brake and went off the road, rolling his vehicle. Yeah... the cop smelled his breath and wrote him up.

Would a drunk, be able to think fast enough to pull the parking brake and ditch the vehicle or would he just run into the vehicle in front of him?
    Just because alcohol wasnt the cause of his accident doesn't mean it doesn't cause accidents. You should drive to the best of your ability and not gamble with others lives. Most people don't understand how much alcohol impairs their judgement and perception when they are drinking. It's easy enough to get a ride or sleep it off in your car or not drink if you can't. Or just drink at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12