Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert's refuses to read Paul's question

Robert's refuses to read Paul's question

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...6641580382888/

Jan. 30 (UPI) -- Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Thursday refused to read aloud a question from Sen. Rand Paul that named the alleged whistle-blower whose complaint launched the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
    Robert, who's presiding over the impeachment trial in the Senate, is responsible for reading senators' individual questions to Trump's legal team and Democratic House managers. The Senate began the question phase of the trial Wednesday and was expected to finish Thursday.

"The presiding officer declines to read the question as submitted," Roberts said when he looked at Rand's handwritten question.
    Paul has repeatedly called for the identity of the whistle-blower to be made public. The whistle-blower, a member of the U.S. intelligence community, filed a complaint last year with the office of the director of national intelligence about the July phone conversation in which Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce an investigation into Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter Biden.

"My question was not about a 'whistle-blower' as I have no independent information on his identity. My question is about the actions of known Obama partisans within the [National Security Council] and house staff and how they are reported to have conspired before impeachment proceedings had even begun," he wrote.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I guess we may never know the identity of this whistleblower. Forever it shall remain a complete mystery I suppose.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

proceedings.

Senator Rand Paul

@RandPaul

My exact question was:

Are you aware that House intelligence committee staffer Shawn Misko had a close relationship with Eric Ciaramella while at the National Security Council together 1/2

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I guess we may never know the identity of this whistleblower. Forever it shall remain a complete mystery I suppose.
    Tis a shame. We’ll never be able to properly arrest and torture the whistleblower if we don’t know who they are.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

WHO
    RUNS
    BART
    ERTO
    WN?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

proceedings.

Senator Rand Paul

@RandPaul

My exact question was:

Are you aware that House intelligence committee staffer Shawn Misko had a close relationship with Eric Ciaramella while at the National Security Council together 1/2

https://www.realclearinvestigations....mp_121701.html
    Sources told RealClearInvestigations the staffer with whom Ciaramella was speaking was Sean Misko. Both were Obama administration holdovers working in the Trump White House on foreign policy and national security issues. And both expressed anger over Trump’s new “America First” foreign policy, a sea change from President Obama’s approach to international affairs.

“Just days after he was sworn in they were already talking about trying to get rid of him,” said a White House colleague who overheard their conversation.

“They weren’t just bent on subverting his agenda,” the former official added. “They were plotting to actually have him removed from office.”

Misko left the White House last summer to join House impeachment manager Adam Schiff’s committee, where sources say he offered “guidance” to the whistleblower, who has been officially identified only as an intelligence officer in a complaint against Trump filed under whistleblower laws. Misko then helped run the impeachment inquiry based on that complaint as a top investigator for congressional Democrats.
    FJB

Time for Senators to demand a Schiff Investigation.
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I have a question, if the Senate ends up voting to have witnesses for this trial, then why don’t they supoena these people in Paul’s question?

I woke up this morning to realize I'm actually genuinely concerned for Rand's safety at this point. Even when he was attacked by a rabid liberal neighbor I figured he'd still be okay. But he's waaaaay off in deep state territory now.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

This is a $#@!ing farce.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I woke up this morning to realize I'm actually genuinely concerned for Rand's safety at this point. Even when he was attacked by a rabid liberal neighbor I figured he'd still be okay. But he's waaaaay off in deep state territory now.
    He better double up on his security now. I don't want to wake up one day knowing Rands been killed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He better double up on his security now. I don't want to wake up one day knowing Rands been killed.
    As long as he doesn't have any money in his wallet he should be fine. Muggers in D.C. only rob and kill people with money in their wallet, which they will then leave behind. RIP Seth Rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

booooo hiss

rand had a point.

biden done got debriefings?

the guy/gal did 'em?

okay .... gang

Previous the entire argument to vote against the impeachment was trump did no wrong. Now the argument is trump most likely did do what the whistleblower and others said, but it's not an impeachable offense so we don't even need to bother with witnesses who can further corraborate. What's up with naming a whistleblower?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Previous the entire argument to vote against the impeachment was trump did no wrong. Now the argument is trump most likely did do what the whistleblower and others said, but it's not an impeachable offense so we don't even need to bother with witnesses who can further corraborate. What's up with naming a whistleblower?
    if they are named in public, and if they had been CIA or NSA, and given to field work, they have 10 to 15 blewn spytrade covers.
    think of the hepcat hipster slick 1960s tv series I SPY or even the more recent BURN NOTICE. the career is almost totally over...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No wrong = Not an impeachable offense

Simple.

trump did no wrong = it's not an impeachable offense

... and nobody named “the whistleblower”.

“My exact question was: Are you aware that House intelligence committee staffer Shawn Misko had a close relationship with Eric Ciaramella while at the National Security Council together and are you aware and how do you respond to reports that Ciaramella and Misko may have worked together to plot impeaching the President before there were formal house impeachment proceedings.”
    “My question today is about whether or not individuals who were holdovers from the Obama National Security Council and Democrat partisans conspired with Schiff staffers to plot impeaching the President before there were formal House impeachment proceedings. My question is not about a ‘whistleblower’ as I have no independent information on his identity.”
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-31-2020 at 01:43 PM.

The argument is both.
    Trump did not wrong and even if he did it wasn't impeachable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    trump did no wrong = it's not an impeachable offense

... and nobody named “the whistleblower”.
    Whistleblowers don't have a right not to be named, that's a new idiotic idea the left is trying to impose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An interesting twitter thread that claims the real reason Ciaramella’s name is not to be spoken is because Brennan had him hire a bunch of Snipers in Ukraine to commit a massacre for the CIA, to trigger an uprising, and (((They))) are afraid that might come out. Says John Roberts was compromised by the CIA, which is why he would not say Ciaramella’s name in Rand Paul’s question, even though the question wasn’t about the whistleblower, and simply asked about a news item that had appeared about Ciaramella having been heard plotting against Trump while he worked at the NSC. It might be what this tweet was talking about:
    From a documentary by Oliver Stone, it would seem Joe Biden's corruption goes far deeper than a payoff for his kid. It seems there was the forming of a coup d'état against the Ukrainian government being ran out of the U.S Embassy, directed by Joe Biden & aided by John McCain. pic.twitter.com/X3eqeZV3An
    — Tetraites, The Regulator of Babylon. (@1776AmericaUSA) January 30, 2020

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...76873958924294

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...61981692338176

Don Jr./Rand 2024?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand making a point perhaps, but could possibly wind up in deep state dodo.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mach again.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mach again.
    Covered.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@realDonaldTrump
    The Senate needs to investigate Schiff & Pelosi. We know who the whistleblower is.

And both expressed anger over Trump’s new “America First” foreign policy, a sea change from President Obama’s approach to international affairs.
    https://www.realclearinvestigations....mp_121701.html
    As I’ve said many times, the root of this entire never-Trump outrage is globalism vs. nationalism. “America first” is intolerable to globalists of all kinds.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As I’ve said many times, the root of this entire never-Trump outrage is globalism vs. nationalism. “America first” is intolerable to globalists of all kinds.
    Exactly.

And it's why globalibertarians hate him too.

And it's why he is the least of all possible goods rather than the lesser of two evils.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Turley, a constitutional law professor at George Washington University who testified as an expert in the House impeachment hearings, said Justice Roberts had no legal reason to quash Sen. Paul's question since it did not violate federal whistleblower laws:https://t.co/2ZKv6GezeD
    — Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) January 31, 2020

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Happy Groundhog Day!

FJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast