Thread: Drag Queen story hour wants to start teaming with public schools

Drag Queen story hour wants to start teaming with public schools

Now firmly established in many public libraries across the nation, drag queen story hour is branching out to new territory: public school.
    On Monday, New York Post Op-Ed editor Sohrab Ahmari posted a screenshot of an apparent notification to parents of children at Brooklyn’s Public School 118.
    “In an effort to continue to strengthen and enhance inclusiveness and diversity in our school, the first grade will be taking part in a ‘Drag Queen Story Hour!'” the notification read.
    Apparently, this is not the first time a drag queen has visited the school to read to young children.
    The upcoming drag queen visit, slated for Feb. 24, will only be the latest in a series of drag queen interactions that has seemingly taken place over “years.”

“She will read to the students,” the post continued, referring to the male performer, “all while teaching into ideas of inclusiveness, gender fluidity and gender roles, family structures, acceptance, empathy, and individuality.”
    For vulnerable kids, this is especially heinous.
    For example, a young child from a broken home will likely have little grasp of the realities of functioning families by the first grade.
    Unfortunately for any kids like this, they won’t have professional help, but a full-grown man in women’s clothing coming to teach them about “family structures.”

More at: https://www.westernjournal.com/repor...public-school/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MP Invites Drag Queen Called ‘Flowjob’ to School, Calls Complaining Parents “Homophobic”
    Drag queen had previously uploaded sexually explicit content to Twitter.

A Scottish MP invited a drag queen called ‘Flowjob’ who had previously uploaded sexually explicit content to Twitter to a primary school and then called parents who complained “homophobic.”

MP Mhairi Black invited ‘Flowjob’ to Glencoates Primary School, Paisley where the drag queen read a story to kids as young as four.

The Sun reports, “The drag queen has regularly uploaded graphic pictures to Twitter, including of simulating a sex act with a dildo and simulating oral sex.”

Parents subsequently complained that they were not informed of the drag queen’s visit and said the visit was “outrageous” and “disgusting.”

“While I don’t agree with the abuse being given, my kids go to this school, there was no information fed to parents about this happening. Surely that’s a parents choice?” one parent told the Daily Star, accusing the ‘woke’ headteacher at the school of trying to further her own career.

“Their username is ‘flowjobqueen’ and their timeline is full of explicit images of them simulating sexual acts. Of course they’ve just just done a drag queen story reading to primary school children,” another parent wrote on social media.
    NSFW

https://summit.news/2020/02/24/mp-in...ts-homophobic/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thats the reason we need to abolish all public schools!

No accountability. Everyone involved should be fired. This is not for children.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No accountability. Everyone involved should be fired. This is not for children.
    This is one of the reasons I cannot abide by the NAP....

I'm afraid I'd have to bond out.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This is one of the reasons I cannot abide by the NAP....

I'm afraid I'd have to bond out.
    It's past the point to start meeting this bull$#@! in exactly this manner.

I ain't clicking that link.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I ain't clicking that link.
    Hateful, cis gender bigot.

This man has every right to sexually arouse and normalize your 8 year old to those feelings.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes do it across the country and invite all the parents, then they will finally wake up to what their uninformed state is blindly allowing.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Its time like this where I'm glad I'm no longer in public school.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Yes do it across the country and invite all the parents, then they will finally wake up to what their uninformed state is blindly allowing.
    no they won't.

the parents already know.

they won't say a $#@!ing word...too scared of being called names.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...ow-to-twerk%2F
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pioneers: Drag Queen Story Hour

Drag Queen Story Hour, White Hut Premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Drag Queen Story Hour, White Hut Premiere.

I don't see any little kids.

Feathered boas should be applied with hot tar. SMDH.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Feathered boas should be applied with hot tar. SMDH.
    A sane society would have these people in the stocks for public humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Look closer....Theres one little child right there sitting at the desk.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    no they won't.

the parents already know.

they won't say a $#@!ing word...too scared of being called names.
    Yep, beat me to it. Either scared or actively encouraging it. When you're this far down the rabbit hole your options are limited, get you kids out of the insane asylum.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    WTF difference does it make? Normalizing it got us here in the first place.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Trump has done more to roll back the agenda than he has done to give it lip service.

And he has not done anything to promote imposing this garbage on kids.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump has done more to roll back the agenda than he has done to give it lip service.

And he has not done anything to promote imposing this garbage on kids.
    Why is it every time you post a response to holding Trump accountable I think of this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532j-186xEQ
    "The Patriarch"

Why is it every time you post a response to holding Trump accountable I think of this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532j-186xEQ
    Because I am as wise as Obi-Wan.

President Donald Trump said he was a different kind of Republican. As someone from liberal New York, he signaled that he would be the person to finally move his political party on LGBTQ issues. He held up a Pride flag at a campaign event, and he said the key acronym (“L, G, B, T … Q”) at the 2016 Republican convention.
    But Trump’s administration, based on its first year, has been anything but LGBTQ-friendly.
    “He campaigned saying that he would be a good friend to LGBT people,” James Esseks, director of the ACLU’s LGBT and HIV Project, told me. “Actions speak far louder than words. And what he’s done has been a wreck.”
    In its first year, the Trump administration has tried to reinstate a ban on transgender people in the military. It has nominated multiple people to the courts and elsewhere who have anti-LGBTQ records. It has directed its army of federal lawyers to take the anti-LGBTQ side in court cases. And it has done some extraordinarily petty things, like refusing to recognize Pride Month.

Many of the anti-LGBTQ actions the Trump administration took during its first year got very little attention in the mainstream press, typically receiving a couple of days of coverage at most. But as I reviewed the administration’s record, I was surprised by its breadth and scope. Altogether, it represents a distinctly anti-LGBTQ agenda.
    Trump “doesn’t talk a lot about LGBTQ people,” Rebecca Isaacs, executive director of the LGBTQ rights group Equality Federation, told me. “But he’s done so many things that are as anti-LGBTQ as you could possibly be.” She added that they are things that might not seem “as clear as being anti–marriage equality,” but ultimately are anti-LGBTQ.
    Here are some of the major anti-LGBTQ actions that Trump took during his first year in office:

• He tried to reinstate a ban on trans people joining and openly serving in the military. The Obama administration in 2016 announced plans to reverse the ban in 2017. But Trump, in a series of tweets last July, announced he would bring it back, arguing that trans-related health care is expensive. (Research from the RAND Corporation indicates that it would make up “a 0.04- to 0.13-percent increase in active-component health care expenditures.”) So far, Trump’s ban has been stymied by the courts — and trans people are now allowed to openly enlist and serve.
    • Trump appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court to replace the consistently anti-LGBTQ Antonin Scalia. Although Gorsuch had a vague record on LGBTQ rights when he was nominated, civil rights advocates argued that, based on some of his past writings on marriage equality and religious issues, he could be a big opponent for LGBTQ equality. In just a few months on the bench, Gorsuch has proven advocates right; for one, he dissented against a Supreme Court ruling that requires states to list same-sex parents on birth certificates.
    • Nearly one-third of Trump’s judicial nominees have anti-LGBTQ records, according to Lambda Legal. These nominees, if accepted by the Senate, may rule on major LGBTQ issues over the next few years, from anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ workers to trans access to bathrooms.
    • The Trump administration rescinded a nonbinding Obama-era guidance that told K-12 schools that receive federal funding that trans students are protected under federal civil rights law and, therefore, schools should respect trans students’ rights, including their right to use bathrooms and locker rooms that align with their gender identity.The Trump administration took back the guidance altogether, arguing trans students aren’t protected under federal civil rights law.
    • Trump’s Justice Department also rescinded another Obama-era memo that said trans workers are protected under civil rights law. This has enabled the federal government, including its army of attorneys, to now argue in court that anti-trans discrimination isn’t illegal under federal law. The courts are ultimately independent of the Trump administration, but the federal government can play a big role in legal arguments by throwing its people and resources behind a case.
    • In a major Supreme Court case, Masterpiece Cakeshop Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the Trump administration argued in court in favor of Masterpiece Cakeshop, a bakery that’s claiming First Amendment rights to discriminate against same-sex couples. The case could have potentially enormous repercussions — opening a big loophole in anti-discrimination laws, particularly those that protect LGBTQ people, by letting business owners cite religious or moral justifications to discriminate.
    • Trump’s Justice Department argued that anti-gay discrimination is legal, filing a friend-of-the-court brief claiming that the federal Civil Rights Act doesn’t protect gay and bisexual workers. The lawsuit in this case was filed by Donald Zarda, a skydiving instructor who says an employer, Altitude Express, fired him due to his sexual orientation. The Justice Department in effect argued that this was legal under federal law.
    • The Justice Department has similarly taken anti-LGBTQ steps in other cases across the country, including one about North Carolina’s anti-trans bathroom law and one about discrimination against trans people in health care. “We’ve gone from a position where LGBT people are protected to one where we’re not,” Esseks of the ACLU said.
    • The Trump administration sent out a “religious liberty” guidance to federal agencies, essentially asking them to respect “religious-liberty protections” in all of the federal government’s work. It’s unclear what kind of impact the guidance will have, but LGBTQ organizations worry that it will be used to justify discrimination against LGBTQ people within the federal government and its work.
    • The Department of Health and Human Services enacted a new regulation and created an agency, the Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom, that will purportedly work to ensure health care providers’ religious liberties aren’t violated. LGBTQ groups argue this agency will effectively give doctors, nurses, and other medical staff cover to discriminate against LGBTQ people, because providers will now get protection from the federal government if they cite religious or moral objections to refuse service to LGBTQ patients.
    • Without explanation, Trump fired all the members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. “It’s outstanding,” Isaacs said. “HIV isn’t only in the LGBTQ community, but it largely is.”
    • Trump failed to recognize LGBTQ Pride Month.

More at: https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...tq-anniversary

And that was just the first year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Because I am as wise as Obi-Wan.

President Donald Trump said he was a different kind of Republican. As someone from liberal New York, he signaled that he would be the person to finally move his political party on LGBTQ issues. He held up a Pride flag at a campaign event, and he said the key acronym (“L, G, B, T … Q”) at the 2016 Republican convention.
    But Trump’s administration, based on its first year, has been anything but LGBTQ-friendly.
    “He campaigned saying that he would be a good friend to LGBT people,” James Esseks, director of the ACLU’s LGBT and HIV Project, told me. “Actions speak far louder than words. And what he’s done has been a wreck.”
    In its first year, the Trump administration has tried to reinstate a ban on transgender people in the military. It has nominated multiple people to the courts and elsewhere who have anti-LGBTQ records. It has directed its army of federal lawyers to take the anti-LGBTQ side in court cases. And it has done some extraordinarily petty things, like refusing to recognize Pride Month.

Many of the anti-LGBTQ actions the Trump administration took during its first year got very little attention in the mainstream press, typically receiving a couple of days of coverage at most. But as I reviewed the administration’s record, I was surprised by its breadth and scope. Altogether, it represents a distinctly anti-LGBTQ agenda.
    Trump “doesn’t talk a lot about LGBTQ people,” Rebecca Isaacs, executive director of the LGBTQ rights group Equality Federation, told me. “But he’s done so many things that are as anti-LGBTQ as you could possibly be.” She added that they are things that might not seem “as clear as being anti–marriage equality,” but ultimately are anti-LGBTQ.
    Here are some of the major anti-LGBTQ actions that Trump took during his first year in office:

• He tried to reinstate a ban on trans people joining and openly serving in the military. The Obama administration in 2016 announced plans to reverse the ban in 2017. But Trump, in a series of tweets last July, announced he would bring it back, arguing that trans-related health care is expensive. (Research from the RAND Corporation indicates that it would make up “a 0.04- to 0.13-percent increase in active-component health care expenditures.”) So far, Trump’s ban has been stymied by the courts — and trans people are now allowed to openly enlist and serve.
    • Trump appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court to replace the consistently anti-LGBTQ Antonin Scalia. Although Gorsuch had a vague record on LGBTQ rights when he was nominated, civil rights advocates argued that, based on some of his past writings on marriage equality and religious issues, he could be a big opponent for LGBTQ equality. In just a few months on the bench, Gorsuch has proven advocates right; for one, he dissented against a Supreme Court ruling that requires states to list same-sex parents on birth certificates.
    • Nearly one-third of Trump’s judicial nominees have anti-LGBTQ records, according to Lambda Legal. These nominees, if accepted by the Senate, may rule on major LGBTQ issues over the next few years, from anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ workers to trans access to bathrooms.
    • The Trump administration rescinded a nonbinding Obama-era guidance that told K-12 schools that receive federal funding that trans students are protected under federal civil rights law and, therefore, schools should respect trans students’ rights, including their right to use bathrooms and locker rooms that align with their gender identity.The Trump administration took back the guidance altogether, arguing trans students aren’t protected under federal civil rights law.
    • Trump’s Justice Department also rescinded another Obama-era memo that said trans workers are protected under civil rights law. This has enabled the federal government, including its army of attorneys, to now argue in court that anti-trans discrimination isn’t illegal under federal law. The courts are ultimately independent of the Trump administration, but the federal government can play a big role in legal arguments by throwing its people and resources behind a case.
    • In a major Supreme Court case, Masterpiece Cakeshop Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the Trump administration argued in court in favor of Masterpiece Cakeshop, a bakery that’s claiming First Amendment rights to discriminate against same-sex couples. The case could have potentially enormous repercussions — opening a big loophole in anti-discrimination laws, particularly those that protect LGBTQ people, by letting business owners cite religious or moral justifications to discriminate.
    • Trump’s Justice Department argued that anti-gay discrimination is legal, filing a friend-of-the-court brief claiming that the federal Civil Rights Act doesn’t protect gay and bisexual workers. The lawsuit in this case was filed by Donald Zarda, a skydiving instructor who says an employer, Altitude Express, fired him due to his sexual orientation. The Justice Department in effect argued that this was legal under federal law.
    • The Justice Department has similarly taken anti-LGBTQ steps in other cases across the country, including one about North Carolina’s anti-trans bathroom law and one about discrimination against trans people in health care. “We’ve gone from a position where LGBT people are protected to one where we’re not,” Esseks of the ACLU said.
    • The Trump administration sent out a “religious liberty” guidance to federal agencies, essentially asking them to respect “religious-liberty protections” in all of the federal government’s work. It’s unclear what kind of impact the guidance will have, but LGBTQ organizations worry that it will be used to justify discrimination against LGBTQ people within the federal government and its work.
    • The Department of Health and Human Services enacted a new regulation and created an agency, the Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom, that will purportedly work to ensure health care providers’ religious liberties aren’t violated. LGBTQ groups argue this agency will effectively give doctors, nurses, and other medical staff cover to discriminate against LGBTQ people, because providers will now get protection from the federal government if they cite religious or moral objections to refuse service to LGBTQ patients.
    • Without explanation, Trump fired all the members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. “It’s outstanding,” Isaacs said. “HIV isn’t only in the LGBTQ community, but it largely is.”
    • Trump failed to recognize LGBTQ Pride Month.

More at: https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...tq-anniversary

And that was just the first year.
    Also at Vox;

What “crisis pregnancy centers” really do

The inner workings of pregnancy resource centers don’t always get a lot of coverage in the media, and unless they’ve visited one, many people may not know much about the facilities. But they have been a subject of major concern among abortion-rights advocates in recent years, because such centers have been found to give misinformation about the risks of abortion. Some advocates feared that the centers “inappropriately interfered” in patients’ decisions around their pregnancies, “preventing people from being able to choose or obtain an abortion,” Kimport told Vox.

But that’s not what Kimport found in interviews with 21 patients, including Aya, who later went to a prenatal care clinic. Most of those patients had already decided to continue their pregnancies when they went to the resource centers. They visited the facilities for basic necessities — like ultrasounds and diapers — that were expensive or difficult to get elsewhere.

In many cases, the patients did get help at the centers. But some resources came with strings attached — free baby clothes and other supplies, for example, were only available if patients took workshops or classes, some of which had a religious component. Some women found the required instruction troubling, with one saying of a parenting video, “it hurt me.”

Meanwhile, the patients Kimport talked to, most of whom were low-income, also had major needs that could not be met by pregnancy resource centers, from food insecurity to homelessness to high-risk pregnancies that required specialized care.

It’s not necessarily surprising that the centers couldn’t help women with these problems, Kimport told Vox — that’s not really what they were designed to do.
    The best argument for each of the 2020 Democratic frontrunners

Bernie Sanders can unite Democrats and beat Trump in 2020
    by Matthew Yglesias

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...0-electability
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ever been to a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show?

I have.

Was it interesting? Sorta.

Did I enjoy it? From an artistic perspective, I guess it was pretty cool. But it was kinda weird. Drag isn't something that I find arousing or would get into, but people have fun at those things so it was fun to experience it the time I did.

Do I want to hurt the people who enjoy it? Nope.

Do I want to ban it? Nope.

Am I going to try and hype other people to go see it? Nah, not really. If somebody asked me if they should go see it, I'd give them a warning of what they are getting into but for the most part, ya, sure, it's kinda interesting to experience it some time if you are an adult and are going to go with some friends.

I don't really know the whole backstory to that photo, or who it is, but I don't have any issue with entertainment and fun that adults have and we as adults being responsible for keeping that separate from what children are encouraged to be engaged with. Especially 3 and 4 year olds ffs.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-02-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Also at Vox;

What “crisis pregnancy centers” really do

The best argument for each of the 2020 Democratic frontrunners

Bernie Sanders can unite Democrats and beat Trump in 2020
    by Matthew Yglesias

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...0-electability
    So?

Vox is mad at him for reversing the weirdosexual agenda, they lie and claim that is a bad thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment