View Poll Results: Where do you stand on Trump 4 years later?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I didn't suppport Trump in 2016 and still don't.

13 48.15%
  • I didn't support Trump in 2016 but I do now.

5 18.52%
  • I supported Trump in 2016 but I don't now.

2 7.41%
  • I support Trump as much or more than 2016.

7 25.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you stand on Trump 4 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Vote LP and let them blame each other!

Bernie is horrible and so is Trump.
    I am not even sure I can consider the LP to any longer be a legitimate party . I often voted for candidates in that party in the past but probably no longer . It is pretty much just an arm of the dem party being ran by sarwack.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump has ben exactly what I expected . It is his to lose . This poll is running about Half and Half by the way about like the last five presidential elections and the next one .
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am not even sure I can consider the LP to any longer be a legitimate party . I often voted for candidates in that party in the past but probably no longer . It is pretty much just an arm of the dem party being ran by sarwack.
    Unfortunately the Libertarian Party has taken major steps backwards. They are far way from the days of Ron Paul and Harry Browne.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Unfortunately the Libertarian Party has taken major steps backwards. They are far way from the days of Ron Paul and Harry Browne.
    Exactly.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'm with Mike Rowe...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm with Mike Rowe...

I like the Lex Luthor look.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Lower Federal government spending - No
    Bring the troops home - No
    Audit the Fed - No

Vote for Trump - No
    Drain the swamp (neocons, lifers in positions of power within the Deepstate, dismantle the MIC) - No

I don't know what people are smoking that believe this guy has changed anything of any substance. So he tweets and slams and disrespects the media and Democrats better than anyone else. So what?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Drain the swamp (neocons, lifers in positions of power within the Deepstate, dismantle the MIC) - No

I don't know what people are smoking that believe this guy has changed anything of any substance. So he tweets and slams and disrespects the media and Democrats better than anyone else. So what?
    Does this count as substance?

Trump Is Remaking the Federal Judiciary at a Historic Rate
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...e__142073.html
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I think the 1at and 2nd amendments would have been taken out by now if Trump had not been elected.

Nothing of substance? Two Supreme appointees that have changed the court. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

SUPREME COURT
    In 5-4 ruling, Supreme Court allows Trump plan to deny green cards to those who may need government aid
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...MMXSKmRoaV8HGs

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does this count as substance?

Trump Is Remaking the Federal Judiciary at a Historic Rate
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...e__142073.html
    Not really and too early to tell. Come see me in 10 years and let me know if those appointments helped stave off any loss of liberty. I have zero faith in a legal system run by a class of people who make laws to benefit themselves and their buddies.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Does the elimination of the Obamacare individual mandate penalty count as substance?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Does the elimination of the Obamacare individual mandate penalty count as substance?
    That's a good start. seems like a band aid to me. The mandate isn't the part of the law that is destroying and increasing health care costs.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Lifting the many restrictions/regulations that past Presidents placed on businesses and people is more liberty.

Not really and too early to tell. Come see me in 10 years and let me know if those appointments helped stave off any loss of liberty. I have zero faith in a legal system run by a class of people who make laws to benefit themselves and their buddies.
    So denying admission to tax ticks, welfare whores, is a 'no go' for you? Gotta wait ten years?

That's a good start. seems like a band aid to me. The mandate isn't the part of the law that is destroying and increasing health care costs.
    Does POTUS make the law? No. Congress does. But, good on a POTUS that can challenge it in a way that at least something is accomplished.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    So you admit it counts as substance and then tear it down and minimize it. Do you see every glass as half empty or is this just something you do with Trump?

I can tell you that the Obamacare individual mandate penalty was costing me money every year and that is real money my family is able to keep. This has increased my individual liberty.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

So denying admission to tax ticks, welfare whores, is a 'no go' for you? Gotta wait ten years?
    I'm saying systemic changes of real substance take time. It doesn't magically change over night. 3 steps forward and 1 step back is not the type of change I'm interested in. In no way am I saying that ending certain programs is not a good thing. I've just seen it all before and it doesn't represent much except window dressing of the rotten structure. Give me the structural changes to the foundation.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you admit it counts as substance and then tear it down and minimize it. Do you see every glass as half empty or is this just something you do with Trump?

I can tell you that the Obamacare individual mandate penalty was costing me money every year and that is real money my family is able to keep. This has increased my individual liberty.
    See above. Kicking a field goal when your down 2 touchdowns may be good for you guys.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

BTW. I would agree whole heartedly on your assessment of why Trump was better than Clinton. The best thing about him is his ability to freak out the media and progressives.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

I'm saying systemic changes of real substance take time. It doesn't magically change over night. 3 steps forward and 1 step back is not the type of change I'm interested in. In no way am I saying that ending certain programs is not a good thing. I've just seen it all before and it doesn't represent much except window dressing of the rotten structure. Give me the structural changes to the foundation.
    That would be wonderful if it could actually happen in that way. But, it can't. So, the millions of tiny slices that bleed us are being reverse. In increments. But, $#@! they are being reversed. At least some. And not all in a manner most relevant to us personally.
    Ron Paul's call to bring the troops home on 'day one' was a great pipe dream. Because we now now that on day two he would have been impeached.
    Take what you can get. For myself, I'll take Trump over any of the Dems. Anytime. Any day.

I love Dr. Paul but even he could not accomplish as much as Trump has done. As you can see Dr. Paul said, "we marched right in, we can march right out." is easier said than done when you are up against the warmongers in government.

I'm with Mike Rowe...

Is Trump even capable of growing a mustache and beard? His two oldest sons certainly are capable but I've never seen a picture or video of Trump with facial hair.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-28-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    See above. Kicking a field goal when your down 2 touchdowns may be good for you guys.
    I still want to same things I wanted with Ron Paul back in 2007, but now I am looking at different approaches to achieve such goals. Our 2007-2012 approach didn't turn out as we hoped. I can't expect to get a different result doing the same thing. So what does the quest for more liberty look like going forward?

I start with 2 simple facts:
    Democrats voters and politicians openly despise the Constitution.
    Republican voters and politicians praise the Constitution.

Now Republicans don't actually adhere to the Constitution as much as we would like, but they certainly are much more friendly to the Constitution than Democrats.

Democrats = anti-Constitution
    Republican = pro-Constitution

Cleaner44 = pro-Constitution

I see allies in the GOP. I see an opportunity to move the party toward the Constitution instead of away from it.

2008 and 2012 was the time to punish the GOP for nominating liberal Republicans. 2016 and 2020 are the time to punish the Democrats.

A field goal is better than turning it over on downs or throwing a pick six.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I still want to same things I wanted with Ron Paul back in 2007, but now I am looking at different approaches to achieve such goals..
    Me too. And one of the major lessons I learned from that is that the system the Ron used to change things doesn't work.

What amazes me is how anyone could go through what we went through in 2008 and 2012 and come away doubling down on making the political "system" work to bring about any substantive change or "freedom".

As George Carlin said: It's a big club and you ain't in it.

Sorry, I just don't trust it anymore.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Me too. And one of the major lessons I learned from that is that the system the Ron used to change things doesn't work.

What amazes me is how anyone could go through what we went through in 2008 and 2012 and come away doubling down on making the political "system" work to bring about any substantive change or "freedom".

As George Carlin said: It's a big club and you ain't in it.

Sorry, I just don't trust it anymore.
    You shouldn't trust the system. It is an out of control monstrosity that is more inclined to infringe on your rights than anything else.

Meanwhile you can either disengage and not vote... or do what you can to influence the system to protect your rights as much as it is possible if at all.

Personally, watching liberal scream at the sky is enough to keep me engaged. It really is a fun time to watch liberals lose to Trump over and over. Your mileage may vary.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've said it once and i'll say it again it's time to give UP on presidential politics.

We need to focus on getting conservative senators and congressmen in office. This means supporting people for state tep and then helping them further down the line. Imagine 10 Rand Paul's in the U.S Senate. We could get stuff done!

A complete overthrow of our corrupt government or a civil war is the only way the country can be saved at this point. Unfortunately that will never happen since our society loves putting beta males on a pedestal while alpha males are looked down upon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I've said it once and i'll say it again it's time to give UP on presidential politics.

We need to focus on getting conservative senators and congressmen in office. This means supporting people for state tep and then helping them further down the line. Imagine 10 Rand Paul's in the U.S Senate. We could get stuff done!
    In my opinion Trump has caused many Republican voters to love Rand and hate Mitt and McCain. That is a good result. Republican voters are fed up with RINOs and that is good for getting more conservative candidates.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

In my opinion Trump has caused many Republican voters to love Rand and hate Mitt and McCain. That is a good result. Republican voters are fed up with RINOs and that is good for getting more conservative candidates.
    They may be fed up with RINOs and the polished establishment candidates, but it will take a generation or two to weed out the Neocons. And that's ONLY if Trump stops beating the war drums. If he keeps on it'll only further cement our party in this ideology
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast