Thread: Outlining budget, Trump puts aid to Israel first while slashing elsewhere

Outlining budget, Trump puts aid to Israel first while slashing elsewhere

White House maintains annual $3.1 billion to Israel, slashes overall State Department budget by 28%, leading to fears that Egypt and Jordan could see cuts

WASHINGTON — US President Donald Trump released his first budget blueprint Thursday, leaving aid to Israel unscathed even as he called for massive cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency, the Labor Department and the State Department.

Trump’s budget outline intends to slash what he considers unnecessary funding to various agencies and programs so he can pump more cash into defense spending — following through on a campaign promise he made to boost America’s military capabilities. But the report specifically leaves billions in defense aid to Israel untouched.
    The budget proposal “provides $3.1 billion to meet the security assistance commitment to Israel, currently at an all-time high [sic]; ensuring that Israel has the ability to defend itself from threats and maintain its Qualitative Military Edge,” according to a copy of the document, titled “America First.”

The outline was released by the office of Management and Budget.

Other foreign aid programs, however, were not singled out, leading to worries that others could see cuts to the amount of money they receive from Washington annually, with the State Department budget pared down by 28.7%.

Trump, who has vowed to slim government spending and stop sending money overseas, originally wanted to slash the department’s budget by 37 percent.

According to The New York Times on Wednesday, Trump granted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson the discretion to choose where the cuts are most appropriate — with the exception of Israel, ordering him to leave aid to the Jewish state in place.

continued..https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...w-budget-cuts/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The president has zero constitutional authority on budgets. Budget outlines are symbolic. They are crafted so lobbyists and political rivals have less things to attack their platform for.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The president has zero constitutional authority on budgets. Budget outlines are symbolic. They are crafted so lobbyists and political rivals have less things to attack their platform for.
    "The Patriarch"

Thumbs down Saudi-Israel Dancing Wahhabi Prince Donnell - Hillary on Steroids

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

Would have appreciated if he slashed aid to Israel.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    that coin supports Benjamin Freedmans discussion about the creation of Israel that was recorded back in the 1950s

28 percent cut ? Sounds like a good start.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    28 percent cut ? Sounds like a good start.
    I like the cuts to the EPA and the Labor Department too.

I'll take what I can get.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

As long as he doesn't slash the military , or heaven forbid aid to the worlds biggest welfare queen it's all good.
    "The Patriarch"

As long as he doesn't slash the military , or heaven forbid aid to the worlds biggest welfare queen it's all good.
    I'll keep pushing for those.
    But I'll take what I can get in the meantime.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'll keep pushing for those.
    But I'll take what I can get in the meantime.
    You do that. Good luck.
    "The Patriarch"

You do that. Good luck.
    I'll have better luck than those who won't take anything but perfection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'll have better luck than those who won't take anything but perfection.
    On this? Doubt it.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On this? Doubt it.
    TRUTH.
    There is no spoon.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

There were reports that upto 25% of homeless were veterans.

SNAP Helps 1.3 Million Low-Income Veterans, Including Thousands in Every State
    January 8, 2020
    About 1.3 million veterans live in households that participate in SNAP (formerly food stamps), CBPP analysis of data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey finds.

Trump administration proposal endangers food stamps for millions
    The budget proposal “provides $3.1 billion to meet the security assistance commitment to Israel, currently at an all-time high [sic]; ensuring that Israel has the ability to defend itself from threats and maintain its Qualitative Military Edge,” according to a copy of the document, titled “America First.”

^This.

If this doesn't show America-First GOPA wing leadership's commitment to support our closest ally in mideast, don't know what else does.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    There were reports that upto 25% of homeless were veterans.

SNAP Helps 1.3 Million Low-Income Veterans, Including Thousands in Every State
    January 8, 2020
    About 1.3 million veterans live in households that participate in SNAP (formerly food stamps), CBPP analysis of data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey finds.

^This.

If this doesn't show America-First GOPA wing leadership's commitment to support our closest ally in mideast, don't know what else does.
    I'm glad to see you expose your support for welfare and communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment