Thread: Question Time...

Question Time...

I'm in the process of fleshing out what I am calling a "normative political novel". It is to be a swag at what might be, were some group of humans to pluck their heads from their sphincters long enough to get something going and to work up the gumption to keep it that way.

My question is this: does anyone know a way of extracting all of one's posts on RPF? I asked the site owners about this years ago but got no positive response, so I'm coming to you guys. It would be easy if I could get 30 second's of access to the database and look at the schema. A single SQL command would do it neatly, but I don't have that access and I am not willing to hack the server as that would be ungentlemanly, not to mention criminal.

This novel is intended to cover a LOT of bases in terms of political philosophy and the practicalities of life pursuant to the principles in question. I've written a lot on such matters here and some of it I daresay was actually fairly good. I'd really like to get eyes on my own material for the sake of fleshing out details, etc.

Any help would be deeply appreciated, and if Bryan would be amenable to producing a giant dump of all my mad rantings, I have no problem paying for the service... if it's not too terribly expensive. Digging my way back out of poverty is a secondary reason I'm embarking on this journey, the primary being giving the people of earth something worth thinking on. I'd really like to try my hand at architecting the free world of humanity's future - a grand endeavor, I know - but I think I may be up to it.

Thanks in advance.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 02-08-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that thread and while helpful, I don't think it has enough of what I seek.

Basically, what is needed is to execute a SQL statement of a basic form: select * from <some table name> where username="osan", or some such. That would extract every post I'd ever made, the result which can be dumped into a file. It's a simple affair, but access is what is required to make it happen.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.