Thread: Julian Assange moved out of solitary confinement after fellow inmates protested

Julian Assange moved out of solitary confinement after fellow inmates protested

Imprisoned WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has reportedly been moved out of solitary confinement in the medical wing of Belmarsh Prison, thanks to a revolt by fellow inmates who petitioned the prison and demanded he receive fair treatment.

Assange is currently imprisoned in London’s highest security prison awaiting a trial, which begins next month, to determine if he will be extradited to the United States.

Assange faces charges under the Espionage Act in the United States for his publication of the Iraq and Afghan War Logs. If extradited and convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of 175 years for the “crime” of publishing material that the US government did not want the population to know.

In a video announcement, WikiLeaks Ambassador Joseph Farrell explained that “in a dramatic climbdown, authorities at Belmarsh Prison have moved Julian Assange from solitary confinement in the medical wing and relocated him to an area with other inmates. The move is a huge victory for Assange’s legal team and for campaigners who have been insisting for weeks that the prison authorities must end the punitive treatment of Assange.”
    http://thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/...-mistreatment/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome! Now if the Brits would just tell the US to take a hike.......
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Awesome! Now if the Brits would just tell the US to take a hike.......
    They are trying to keep him out of the US bc if he comes here he will testify against the deep state and help trump take them out.

They would prefer him dead and gone, hence the treatment. He would be far better off coming here.

Trump has been all over the place on Wiki Leaks and Assange. In 2010, he said Assange should get the death penalty. In 2016, he said "I love Wiki Leaks" because they put out info on his opponent. More recently, he denied knowing anything about Wiki Leaks after Assange was arrested. “I know nothing about WikiLeaks,” Trump said. “It’s not my thing.” He only likes people when they can do something for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...rump-wikileaks

When Donald Trump was in Ohio, he declared: “Boy, I love reading WikiLeaks.” In Michigan, he proclaimed: “This WikiLeaks is like a treasure trove.” In Pennsylvania, he confessed: “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks.”

It was the run-up to the 2016 presidential election and Trump was WikiLeaks’ number one salesman. But on Thursday, with the website’s founder Julian Assange under arrest, the US president was singing a different tune. “I know nothing about WikiLeaks,” Trump said. “It’s not my thing.”

The jarring shift illustrated, critics say, the shameless opportunism and hypocrisy of president. Whether it hints at anything about his alleged links to Russia remains altogether murkier.

Matthew Miller, former director of public affairs at the justice department, said: “His ethics have always been situational at best so I’m not surprised he’s out disclaiming any knowledge. He has no concern about the broader ethics of any situation, only what’s best for him. It’s pretty simple, really.”

The anti-secrecy site was once lionised by the left for holding the American political establishment and military industrial complex up to the light. In 2010 it released, in cooperation with publications including the Guardian, more than a quarter of a million classified cables from American embassies around the world.

Back then, Republicans expressed fury at Assange. Trump himself said: “I think it’s disgraceful. I think it should be like death penalty or something.

Just six years later, it was a very different story. WikiLeaks came to be seen as a tool of the Trump election campaign as, with his explicit encouragement, it published emails from Democrats believed to have been stolen by Russian intelligence operatives.

In July 2016, a dump of Democratic National Committee material appeared designed to embarrass Hillary Clinton on the eve of the party convention. In October, emails hacked from Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, were published just minutes after the release of a video in which Trump was caught boasting about groping women.

Seizing the gift, candidate Trump cited WikiLeaks 141 times at 56 events, according to a count by NBC News. He was breezy and blase about how the hacked emails were obtained. A poster of Assange hung backstage at his debate war room, the Associated Press reported.

The relationship between the campaign and WikiLeaks – and indeed Russia – remains shrouded in mystery. Behind the scenes, Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr, was in direct communication with WikiLeaks in the final stages of the 2016 campaign.
    As for Assange himself, he claimed to remain neutral in 2016. Asked by Democracy Now whether he wanted Clinton or Trump to win, he memorably replied: “You’re asking me, do I prefer cholera or gonorrhea?”

And once Trump won election, WikiLeaks quickly fell out of favour. The president told the Associated Press in 2017 that he did not “support or unsupport” its release of the hacked emails. Asked whether Assange should be arrested, he replied: “I am not involved in that decision, but if they want to do it, it’s OK with me.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-24-2020 at 07:37 PM.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...10824821596160

...if he would say Russia was not involved in leaking Democratic party emails
    He was saying that since long before they even arrested him.
    Amazing that they'e still trying to push this bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    "if he would say Russia was not involved in leaking Democratic party emails"
    The usual 34D chess from Trump.

If only someone on this website who commented regularly had predicted that Trump would offer Assange a full pardon in exchange for testimony.

Oh ya, I did. And probably a few others who take a lot of $#@! from anti-Trumpers on a daily basis.

I wonder if any of them will acknowledge that?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Yea Zippy Juan Kenobi, why you still trying to push this bullsht?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If only someone on this website who commented regularly had predicted that Trump would offer Assange a full pardon in exchange for testimony.

Oh ya, I did. And probably a few others who take a lot of $#@! from anti-Trumpers on a daily basis.

I wonder if any of them will acknowledge that?
    You mean how Trump accidentally is trying to do the right thing but for the wrong reason? He doesn't care about freedom and liberty nearly enough. How could he when he isn't grounded in policy?

You did call it, although it's not really anti Trumpers doing it. It's pro Liberty people doing it.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-21-2020 at 10:13 AM.