Thread: Republican group calls for 'President Pence' amid impeachment trial

Exclamation Republican group calls for 'President Pence' amid impeachment trial

https://youtu.be/RvpvglZ5Nl4

A GOP group headed by former Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol is calling on the Senate to oust President Trump and confirm Vice President Pence as his successor.

In a press release, Defending Democracy Together spokesman Tim Miller highlighted the creation of presidentpence.com, a website that encourages visitors to show support for Pence, whom the site describes as a "lifelong conservative Republican" who "doesn't grab women by ... anything."

An ad released alongside the website adds that Pence doesn't "brag about sexually assaulting women."

"President Trump’s defenders have endlessly repeated the preposterous claim that impeaching and removing a president undoes an election, as if that weird inauguration and the midterm elections where Republicans got throttled never happened," Miller said.

"Removing the President doesn’t overturn the election. It won’t put Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi in the White House. Instead it will give us President Mike Pence. And while Pence isn’t the president of anyone’s dreams, he isn’t Donald Trump either. So there’s that," he continued.

Kristol, one of the president's "Never Trump" conservative critics, has also worked to support 2020 primary challengers to Trump, a move that has earned little support among mainstream Republicans.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...mpression=true

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I love the misery of liberal Republicans.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

While Pence is a conservative and not a RINO like some other GOPA wing leaders, he's very Christian minded and could take America back to old fashioned Christian conservatism that used to form GOP base and could erase all progress made on LGBTQ civil rights , gay marriage under Trump and Obama leadership to push America towards a more liberal and progressive set of values.

Pence's loyalty to GOPA wing may also be questionable, reportedly he was ready to accept GOP Presidentinal ticket at a critical time in 2016 when part of media wing turned on Trump and outed controversial Hollywood Access tape to create doubts about his commitment to Family Values.
    Pence is also socially too conservative, there were rumors that he doesn't meet with a woman for dinner alone unless his wife is present also, in sharp contrast to Trump who has a more liberal stance on private meetings.

This is non-srtarter I'm afraid if GOP is to continue on current Trump led path of enlightenment and an ideological shift towards modernity and liberal, progressive values of this age.

It's not Pence's time to become president. He'll have to wait until the 2024 election to do that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What an amazing insurance policy Trump got for himself. A man who is well loved by the enemy is the VP. Make no mistake, this is fake drama. This whole impeachment will be used as the excuse to why Trump ends up doing the bidding of the globalists and neocons.

Probably not going to see President Pence waving the LGBTQ flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It's not Pence's time to become president. He'll have to wait until the 2024 election to do that.
    No, 2024 is Don Jr's time to become President. Then after Don finishes his two terms, the country will be ready for a President Rand Paul in 2032.

This I think has been Trump's plan all along. To groom Rand for President.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No, 2024 is Don Jr's time to become President. Then after Don finishes his two terms, the country will be ready for a President Rand Paul in 2032.

Neither Rand nor Don Jr. will ever be President.
    I can guarantee you that.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-24-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I love the misery of liberal Republicans.
    I love the smell of TDS, it smells like victory.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

It sounds like a good plan.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Neither Rand nor Don Jr. will ever be President.
    I can guarantee you that.
    Didn’t you also guarantee trump would never be elected president?

Pence is neocon.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows