Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan: "I think I'll probably vote for Bernie"

Rogan has interesting podcasts, but if you pay attention to some of the $#@! he says, he really isn't all that bright and has big tendencies to lurch to the left.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by polomertz View Post
    Never thought I’d be on this forum defending the lesser of two evils but I’m pretty sure Paul would agree that Bernie is the lesser evil to Trump. I wish you were right but records show otherwise.
    Bernie wants to increase government spending by 97 trillions in the next 10 years.
    He is mentally ill & so are his communist supporters!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Bernie wants to increase government spending by 97 trillions in the next 10 years.
    He is mentally ill & so are his communist supporters!
    No way that gets through congress. Still rather have him than Trump on foreign policy alone. But alas I will see what other 3rd party options we have in the main.
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

No way that gets through congress. Still rather have him than Trump on foreign policy alone. But alas I will see what other 3rd party options we have in the main.
    Bernie is a flip flopper on foreign policy.He voted for the Kosovo war. He supported the Libya war.
    He supported saudi arabia's war in yemen when Obama was president.
    I voted for Trump in 2016 but I don't know about 2020. Because Trump supports saudi arabia,gun control & he bombed syria twice.
    But Trump did some good things like killing daca,the paris deal & he goes after the MSM!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I’m down to team up with Sanders because Ron was also. I’m not going to vote for him but Ron was all about coalitions because when it came down to the most important issues, they both agreed. I think many of you have forgotten or choose to ignore the fact that Ron & Nader held a press conference with green party, constitution party, etc where they all agreed on their top 4 issues. I would bet there’s a greater chance Ron votes for Sanders than he does for Trump.
    I'm sure Ron remembers how Bernie torpedo'ed Audit the Fed in the Senate Finance committee, however, when it was otherwise set to pass. I'd guess Ron just wouldn't vote or would vote for third party, instead of Bernie or Trump.

eta: Rogan does what he's told to do. He started his career as a MSM tv celebrity, remember.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm sure Ron remembers how Bernie torpedo'ed Audit the Fed in the Senate Finance committee, however, when it was otherwise set to pass. I'd guess Ron just wouldn't vote or would vote for third party, instead of Bernie or Trump.

eta: Rogan does what he's told to do. He started his career as a MSM tv celebrity, remember.
    I don’t disagree with that at all but if ron was forced to make a choice of bernie or trump, we all know he’d pick bernie. My guess, like yours is he votes 3rd party.
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

The person that he was talking to was part of the MSM and they said they wanted Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Theere has been about a dozen responses to this post and not one person is talking about the vote being for him in THE PRIMARIES. The question to everyone ignoring the primary part, if you had to vote in the dem primary, who would you vote for?
    Tulsi.

Nobody should vote for Sanders ever under any circumstances.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I don’t disagree with that at all but if ron was forced to make a choice of bernie or trump, we all know he’d pick bernie. My guess, like yours is he votes 3rd party.
    If forced to choose he would choose Trump.

Trump is as good or better on foreign policy than Bernie would be and far better on almost anything else.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would bet he would pick Trump and not have a hard decision.

Oh how the mighty Ron Paul Forums has fallen. You make a good point & I agree completely. I'll be voting in the dem primary. My question is what kind of bizarro world are we living in where you can't come here & talk about things Ron Paul has actually said?? Gonna just start ignoring the Trump supporters here because they can't be reasoned with & Ron wouldn't in 100 years support Trump. Make Ron Paul Forums about Ron Paul again!
    If you must vote in the Demoncrat party primary then vote for Tulsi.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I would bet he would pick Trump and not have a hard decision.
    Thanks! You guys are making my ignore list come together easy.
    Last edited by polomertz; 01-24-2020 at 05:03 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

but if ron was forced to make a choice of bernie or trump, we all know he’d pick bernie

I don't know how Ron would vote and neither do you. But I have a hard time believing that he would choose a Castro/Chavez/Soviet/Sandinista sympathizer over Trump if forced. The most redeeming thing about Sanders is he will make a Trump victory much more likely.

Here would be my Democrat ranking from a classical liberal perspective from least terrible to catastrophically bad.

1. Yang
    2. Bloomberg
    3. Biden
    4. Mayor Pete
    5. Klobachar
    6. Warren
    7. Chairman Sanders

The Bernie Bro is a snowflake.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I don't know how Ron would vote and neither do you. But I have a hard time believing that he would choose a Castro/Chavez/Soviet/Sandinista sympathizer over Trump if forced. The most redeeming thing about Sanders is he will make a Trump victory much more likely.

Here would be my Democrat ranking from a classical liberal perspective from least terrible to catastrophically bad.

1. Yang
    2. Bloomberg
    3. Biden
    4. Mayor Pete
    5. Klobachar
    6. Warren
    7. Chairman Sanders
    You’re right. We don’t know. The only thing we do know is he will not vote for trump as he’s stated many times.

As I already said, I would never vote for Bernie or Trump. Both are authoritarians. However, Ron has a lot more in common with Bernie than Trump. They even called themselves friends. Go back and listen to Ron talk about these things. I will not engage in your name calling.
    Rand Paul is one of Trump's best friends..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You’re right. We don’t know. The only thing we do know is he will not vote for trump as he’s stated many times.
    And he also wouldn't vote for Bernie. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

How many issues has Rand worked with Trump on? How many issues has Rand worked with Bernie on?
    Last edited by dannno; 01-24-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bernout is obviously worse than Trump right.

But thats not saying much...
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LGBT Rights Group Demands Sanders Renounce Rogan Endorsement

Emma Kinery
    January 25, 2020, 10:52 AM CST

LGBT Rights Group Demands Sanders Renounce Rogan Endorsement(Bloomberg) -- The Human Rights Campaign is calling on Bernie Sanders to renounce an endorsement from radio host Joe Rogan, who has made derogatory comments about African Americans and LGBTQ people.
    Rogan, who hosts “The Joe Rogan Experience,” one of the most downloaded podcasts, said he would “probably vote for Bernie,” adding “I believe in him. I like him a lot.”
    In response, HRC President Alphonso David said in a statement that while Sanders’ campaign has been “unabashedly supportive of the rights of LGBTQ people,” Rogan “has attacked transgender people, gay men, women, people of color and countless marginalized groups at every opportunity.”
    The statement from the largest LBGTQ advocacy group and lobbying organization in the U.S. pointed to instances in which Rogan had compared African Americans to “Planet of the Apes,’’ and repeatedly misgendered transgender people, including referring to MMA fighter Fallon Fox as “that tranny.”
    Sanders has appeared on Rogan’s show, as have fellow Democratic candidates Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard.(Disclaimer: Michael Bloomberg is also seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. He is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.)
    This post is part of Campaign Update, our live coverage from the 2020 campaign trail.
    To contact the author of this story: Emma Kinery in Washington at ekinery@bloomberg.net
    To contact the editor responsible for this story: Max Berley at mberley@bloomberg.net, Ros Krasny

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Rogan has interesting podcasts, but if you pay attention to some of the $#@! he says, he really isn't all that bright and has big tendencies to lurch to the left.
    Yes, when it suits him.... I think he smokes too much weed and that's why he can't make, some, concrete decisions, but he does have an entertainment business to juggle, too, and that is nothing but a giant sales pitch in itself. He has to leave just enough room for all sides to rationalize their interest in his show.

Again, he is known as Joe "the suck up to whoever is there at that time" Rogan, does that happen 100% of the time? No, but a lot.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    LGBT Rights Group Demands Sanders Renounce Rogan Endorsement

Emma Kinery
    January 25, 2020, 10:52 AM CST

LGBT Rights Group Demands Sanders Renounce Rogan Endorsement(Bloomberg) -- The Human Rights Campaign is calling on Bernie Sanders to renounce an endorsement from radio host Joe Rogan, who has made derogatory comments about African Americans and LGBTQ people.
    Rogan, who hosts “The Joe Rogan Experience,” one of the most downloaded podcasts, said he would “probably vote for Bernie,” adding “I believe in him. I like him a lot.”
    In response, HRC President Alphonso David said in a statement that while Sanders’ campaign has been “unabashedly supportive of the rights of LGBTQ people,” Rogan “has attacked transgender people, gay men, women, people of color and countless marginalized groups at every opportunity.”
    The statement from the largest LBGTQ advocacy group and lobbying organization in the U.S. pointed to instances in which Rogan had compared African Americans to “Planet of the Apes,’’ and repeatedly misgendered transgender people, including referring to MMA fighter Fallon Fox as “that tranny.”
    Sanders has appeared on Rogan’s show, as have fellow Democratic candidates Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard.(Disclaimer: Michael Bloomberg is also seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. He is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.)
    This post is part of Campaign Update, our live coverage from the 2020 campaign trail.
    To contact the author of this story: Emma Kinery in Washington at ekinery@bloomberg.net
    To contact the editor responsible for this story: Max Berley at mberley@bloomberg.net, Ros Krasny

Joe Rogan and Tim Pool are the same, they say they're Left, but then go off on the Left a lot, FAR LEFT groups put both of them into the Alt-Right category.

FJB

The only two people I see here defending Comrade Sanders are @juleswin @polomertz. Hey you guys are the diehard comrades willing to do Mao's work. Honestly, I think we should be giving out the most beautiful red badges to signify those who have pledged the hardest fealty Chairman Sanders.

But despite our fellow red guards pushing hard for the Bernz, Ron Paul would never in his life vote for a known communist. How out of touch do you have to be to get that one wrong? Bueller???

As for Regressive Rogan, he's not "controlled" as some here care to think. He is a meathead comedian that doesn't get deep into philosophical issues, he judges issues based on what he deems as reasonable and logical given that he doesn't have any firm principles as a foundation. He's supported Ron Paul, full throat, in the past so that means he is salvageable as long as he's presented a reasonable argument from the other side. I've seen episodes where leftists/hipsters pushed hard for UBI and its easy to say and have the feelz for poor people that need help, its another to break down the consequences of such actions and TBH, nobody cares about kicking the can down the road to do gods-work-type-things like "save the poor" and "save the environment", especially to somebody with money like Rogan who is probably making something like half a million dollars to talk 2-6 hours a day.

Nobody that has been on his show has hit the counter arguments for UBI and free college/healthcare in a reasonable manner so he obviously doesn't think its an issue. Stefan Molyneux, one of the few that can articulate the positions properly has been on Rogan's show a few times in the past, but hes never tried to convince Joe of anything political, and I don't think he'll be back on in the near future.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Feel the Communist Bern

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ll-out-marxist

Bernie Sanders isn't a ‘democratic socialist’ — he's an all-out Marxist

If recent polls are any indication, Sen. Bernie Sanders is surging in the race for the 2020 Democratic nomination. According to a CNN poll out this week, the Vermont independent has reached a statistical tie with Joe Biden for first place nationally. In New Hampshire, meanwhile, a WBUR survey shows the self-described democratic socialist with a 12-point lead. Polls vary, but Sanders is clearly winning over many Democratic primary voters.

The senator’s growing appeal ought to be disconcerting to us all, because Sanders is not the nice, Nordic-style “democratic socialist” he claims to be. At his core, Sanders is almost certainly an all-out Marxist.

His rise clearly troubles establishment Democrats who are uneasy with his far-left agenda. Among Sanders’s most notable detractors are mainstream Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. The former president, for instance, is reported to be so “anxious” about Sanders’s standing that he’s contemplating publicly repudiating him (although some Obama allies deny this account).

Obama and Clinton may have unwittingly contributed to Sanders’s rise, but they are right to be concerned. The man has no business being anywhere near the Oval Office — not even on a guided tour. The fact that the socialist senator is considered a national leader is a disgraceful blemish on the Democratic Party, a party once comprised by men such as John F. Kennedy, who fought communists, while Sanders defended them.

At every stage in his adult life, Sanders has been an unabashed apologist for communism, an evil ideology with a body count of 100 million people dead in its wake. A cursory examination of this record should disqualify Sanders from public office:

*While people such as my grandfather were languishing as political prisoners in Cuba, Sanders said that he was so “excited” about the island’s communist revolution that watching JFK get tough on Fidel Castro made him want to “puke.”

*In 1980, as most prominent democratic socialists criticized Iran’s taking of American hostages, Sanders joined a Trotskyist revolutionary party that defended the Islamic regime’s actions.

*When the United States was containing communism in Central America, Sanders flew to Nicaragua to lend credibility to the Sandinistas.

*The 78-year-old presidential candidate even honeymooned in the Soviet Union and came back full of praise for it. Some may not grasp how bizarre this was during the Cold War, but, at the time, it was almost unheard of to do such a thing.

*Despite his lifelong fascination with communism, not once did Sanders have the decency to meet Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, a renowned Soviet dissident who lived in Vermont.

Some have tried tricking voters into believing that Sanders is the American version of Nordic-style socialist democrats. This isn’t true.

The Nordics actually enjoy somewhat free-market economies. Conversely, Sanders’s platform, which openly calls for nationalizing major industries such as higher education, healthcare, and even the internet, falls well outside the mainstream of U.S. politics and more closely resembles the central planning committees in Cuba and Venezuela.

Rather than drawing philosophical distinctions without practical differences, Democrats need to accept the fact that Sanders is an unrepentant Marxist. They must confront the forces within their party that enabled his ascent, such as unchecked liberalism.

Conservatives, meanwhile, should follow President Trump’s lead and denounce Sanders and his ideology in striking moral terms. As for voters, well, throughout his life, Sanders has made it clear who he really is, so they should take him at his word.
    Nobody that has been on his show has hit the counter arguments for UBI and free college/healthcare in a reasonable manner so he obviously doesn't think its an issue. Stefan Molyneux, one of the few that can articulate the positions properly has been on Rogan's show a few times in the past, but hes never tried to convince Joe of anything political, and I don't think he'll be back on in the near future.
    FJB

From the article above

Sanders’s platform, which openly calls for nationalizing major industries such as higher education, healthcare, and even the internet, falls well outside the mainstream of U.S. politics and more closely resembles the central planning committees
    If this is an open truth, then it would be easy to go to his website and post the portion where he openly calls for the nationalization of those industries. I will wait for a response from the multitude of people calling him a communist to post this evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    From the article above

If this is an open truth, then it would be easy to go to his website and post the portion where he openly calls for the nationalization of those industries. I will wait for a response from the multitude of people calling him a communist to post this evidence.
    Yeah, those websites--and politicians in general--are known for their comprehensive honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    Yeah, those websites--and politicians in general--are known for their comprehensive honesty.
    The delusional Cuban writing the article said this policy was openly stated in his platform. All I am asking for is for someone to show me where this open secret is written. I am sure thinking every democratic socialist is a communist did not at all poison his reality

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Joe Rogan has spoken favorably about Ron Paul. Joe Rogan has spoken favorably about Bernie Sanders. They couldn't be further apart politically. JR is clearly a political nihilist. But so are most of the population.

Didn't he semi-endorse/endorse Bernie in 2016? It didn't really stop the Media/DNC from shunting him off to the side into non-contendership. I'm not sure there's much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The only two people I see here defending Comrade Sanders are @juleswin @polomertz. Hey you guys are the diehard comrades willing to do Mao's work. Honestly, I think we should be giving out the most beautiful red badges to signify those who have pledged the hardest fealty Chairman Sanders.

But despite our fellow red guards pushing hard for the Bernz, Ron Paul would never in his life vote for a known communist. How out of touch do you have to be to get that one wrong? Bueller???

As for Regressive Rogan, he's not "controlled" as some here care to think. He is a meathead comedian that doesn't get deep into philosophical issues, he judges issues based on what he deems as reasonable and logical given that he doesn't have any firm principles as a foundation. He's supported Ron Paul, full throat, in the past so that means he is salvageable as long as he's presented a reasonable argument from the other side. I've seen episodes where leftists/hipsters pushed hard for UBI and its easy to say and have the feelz for poor people that need help, its another to break down the consequences of such actions and TBH, nobody cares about kicking the can down the road to do gods-work-type-things like "save the poor" and "save the environment", especially to somebody with money like Rogan who is probably making something like half a million dollars to talk 2-6 hours a day.

You got me wrong & it was not my intention to come off as a Sanders supporter. I was trying to make a point that his presidential term would be less evil than Trump’s presidential term. That is the only argument I was trying to make. This is coming from someone who’s been screamed at by friends, family & colleagues for campaigning for Ron Paul, voting for Ron Paul & writing in Ron Paul; which according to them lead to the election of *some doofus*. I regret trying to make that “lesser of 2 evil” argument here. That being said, if you believe in Ron’s message, Trump is the wrong guy. You may disagree but I can’t keep a clean conscience & support that man. I don’t see anybody in this election cycle that’s anywhere close to carrying Ron’s message, especially Trump, so at this point I’ll probably write in Ron again. Ban me, call me names, whatever I believe in Ron’s message of peace and liberty & Trump, in my mind, isn’t a part of that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast