Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: Cortez: Trump Threatening Iranian Cultural Sites Was an ‘Extension of White Supremacy’

  1. #1

    Exclamation Cortez: Trump Threatening Iranian Cultural Sites Was an ‘Extension of White Supremacy’

    Idiot.

    Persian, Kurds and Azeris, which make up the vast majority in Iran, are ethnically Caucasian.

    Iran, the name, quite literally, means Aryan.


    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Trump Threatening Iranian Cultural Sites Was an ‘Extension of White Supremacy’

    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...ite-supremacy/

    PAM KEY 21 Jan 2020

    Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said on Monday at the MLK Now 2020 event that President Donald Trump’s tweet that America was targeting Iranian culture sites is “an extension of white supremacy.”

    Ocasio-Cortez said, “In speaking about war too, I’ve been thinking a lot about when Trump tweeted that he was going to target cultural sites in Iran. Really what that really means. And really how that functions not just in our society but also how it is an extension of white supremacy in that the goal of all of this is to erase history and erase our understanding.”



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Idiot.
    This one is even more crazy, AF:



    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said that "no one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars" during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day discussion with author Ta-Nehisi Coates on Monday.

    "No one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars," Ocasio-Cortez said, receiving applause. "I'm not here to villainize and to say billionaires are inherently morally corrupt. ... It's to say that this system that we live in, life in capitalism always ends in billionaires."

    Ocasio-Cortez said billionaires make their money "off the backs" of "undocumented people," "black and brown people being paid under a living wage" and "single mothers."
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/ao...ates-interview

  5. #4
    There's a definition for this kind of stupid.

    Cognitive dissonance:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

    In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values, or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people will do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new evidence (facts) perceived, wherein they will try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.[1][2]

    To function in the reality of a modern society, human beings continually adjust the correspondence of their mental attitudes and personal actions; such continual adjustments, between cognition and action, result in one of three relationships with reality:[2]

    1) Consonant relationship: two cognitions or actions consistent with each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out to dinner, and ordering water rather than wine)

    2) Irrelevant relationship: two cognitions or actions unrelated to each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out and wearing a shirt)

    3) Dissonant relationship: two cognitions or actions inconsistent with each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out, but then drinking more wine)


    If/when her opponents throw opposing views or she is presented with factual evidence to the contrary. She will get spun around the axle.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-22-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

  6. #5
    Trumps a Capitalist capitalist. Culture can be something to wipe out, rebuild & sell.

    “Taj Mahal” casino in AC ring any bells?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Idiot.

    Persian, Kurds and Azeris, which make up the vast majority in Iran, are ethnically Caucasian.

    Iran, the name, quite literally, means Aryan.


    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Trump Threatening Iranian Cultural Sites Was an ‘Extension of White Supremacy’

    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...ite-supremacy/

    PAM KEY 21 Jan 2020

    Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said on Monday at the MLK Now 2020 event that President Donald Trump’s tweet that America was targeting Iranian culture sites is “an extension of white supremacy.”

    Ocasio-Cortez said, “In speaking about war too, I’ve been thinking a lot about when Trump tweeted that he was going to target cultural sites in Iran. Really what that really means. And really how that functions not just in our society but also how it is an extension of white supremacy in that the goal of all of this is to erase history and erase our understanding.”
    As much as it pain me to say this, AOC is not technically wrong on this. Most white people are caucasians but not all caucasians are white. Assyrians, Indians, Iranians, kurds are also considered to be caucasians but who in their right mind considers those races white. White people are mainly from Europe and caucasians come from various places outside western Europe.

    Read up on the subject and you will see that she is not wrong

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    There's a definition for this kind of stupid.

    Cognitive dissonance:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

    In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values, or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people will do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new evidence (facts) perceived, wherein they will try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.[1][2]

    To function in the reality of a modern society, human beings continually adjust the correspondence of their mental attitudes and personal actions; such continual adjustments, between cognition and action, result in one of three relationships with reality:[2]

    1) Consonant relationship: two cognitions or actions consistent with each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out to dinner, and ordering water rather than wine)

    2) Irrelevant relationship: two cognitions or actions unrelated to each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out and wearing a shirt)

    3) Dissonant relationship: two cognitions or actions inconsistent with each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out, but then drinking more wine)


    If/when her opponents throw opposing views or she is presented with factual evidence to the contrary. She will get spun around the axle.
    Where exactly is the cognitive dissonance here?

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I guess the idea is anything Trump does is white supremacy because he is white.
    But that is not cognitive dissonance. I can understand someone called it TDS but not CD. Words do have meaning

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But that is not cognitive dissonance. I can understand someone called it TDS but not CD. Words do have meaning
    No its literally believing something that isn't true even though facts make it not true that you can comprehend. Its like believing his pancakes are white supremacist pancakes just because you want to believe it. Its not like saying his pancakes are white supremacist pancakes because they are shaped like swastikas.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No its literally believing something that isn't true even though facts make it not true that you can comprehend. Its like believing his pancakes are white supremacist pancakes just because you want to believe it. Its not like saying his pancakes are white supremacist pancakes because they are shaped like swastikas.
    I will give you an example of political cognitive dissonance. Like believing Trump is for the second amendment when he supports red flag laws and taking gun and then going to courts. Also believing Trump is in anti interventionist when he has increased troop numbers, tried and failed to orchestrate a coup in Venezuela, continued our involvement in Syria and Yemen. Another one is believing Trump is small govt when he has continued to increase spending.

    These are literal cognitive dissonance. Not everything that is wrong is cognitive dissonance. You can believe that Trump is not a white supremacists and it won't be cognitive dissonance because there is not contradiction in that statement even if hes not a white supremacists. In that case, it would just be an ordinary lie//smear

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I guess the idea is anything Trump does is white supremacy because he is white.
    That is it for any minority dem politician elected to federal office . The only cure would be not electing them .

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I will give you an example of political cognitive dissonance. Like believing Trump is for the second amendment when he supports red flag laws and taking gun and then going to courts. Also believing Trump is in anti interventionist when he has increased troop numbers, tried and failed to orchestrate a coup in Venezuela, continued our involvement in Syria and Yemen. Another one is believing Trump is small govt when he has continued to increase spending.

    These are literal cognitive dissonance. Not everything that is wrong is cognitive dissonance. You can believe that Trump is not a white supremacists and it won't be cognitive dissonance because there is not contradiction in that statement even if hes not a white supremacists. In that case, it would just be an ordinary lie//smear
    In order for you to rationalize your opinions you project what you believe Trump's policies are and use fallacious talking points. Why do you even believe foreign policy has nothing to do with the congress and the military industrial complex which doesn't change when there is a new president? Do you really believe that the military industrial complex plans stuff 20 and 30 years in advance but presidents can change everything? Why did we have so many presidents over the years before Trump with no real foreign policy change? Do you really believe that there is no balancing act that Trump is having to do in order to stay president and make the changes he can make or do you think the president is king? Do you really not see your cognitive dissonance??? Do you think president is king?

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    In order for you to rationalize your opinions you project what you believe Trump's policies are and use fallacious talking points. Why do you even believe foreign policy has nothing to do with the congress and the military industrial complex which doesn't change when there is a new president? Do you really believe that the military industrial complex plans stuff 20 and 30 years in advance but presidents can change everything? Why did we have so many presidents over the years before Trump with no real foreign policy change? Do you really believe that there is no balancing act that Trump is having to do in order to stay president and make the changes he can make or do you think the president is king? Do you really not see your cognitive dissonance??? Do you think president is king?
    I will say it again, caucasian is not synonymous with white and not all wrong opinion is cognitive dissonance. I will ask again, where is the cognitive dissonance in what AOC said?
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-22-2020 at 08:54 AM.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I will say it again, caucasian doesn't necessarily mean white and not all wrong opinion is cognitive dissonance. I will say it again, where is the cognitive dissonance in what AOC said?
    You consistently pretend like Trump is a neocon who is anti gun or even suggest that supporting Trump isn't a good choice because of policies that you project. You say he is a neocon well i would argue why didn't he escalate the war against Iran even though 11 service members were injured and his party would of supported him? You say he is anti gun well why does he argue second amendment talking points? Why doesn't he argue poorly on purpose in order to move the overton window the other direction?

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That is it for any minority dem politician elected to federal office . The only cure would be not electing them .
    The dem party is just the anti white party because of all of their talking points over the last decade they won't even get high voter turnout if they nominate a white person. The only option that is electable now is to take the nomination away from whoever wins and give it to someone who didn't even run for the nomination which is why they are pushing this blue no matter who talking point. The balancing act is convincing all of the supporters of the candidates that they really didn't want to support their candidate and nominate Michelle Obama. I can't believe they are doing this twice in a row but i guess the democrats are too stupid understand whats going on. I can't wait to see the look on their faces if they try this but its really their only option now otherwise the election will be a blow out and the dem party will implode. Maybe they will get away with VP.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17

    Thumbs down Trump/Hogg Bros ~ Take the Guns First

    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You consistently pretend like Trump is a neocon who is anti gun or even suggest that supporting Trump isn't a good choice because of policies that you project. You say he is a neocon well i would argue why didn't he escalate the war against Iran even though 11 service members were injured and his party would of supported him? You say he is anti gun well why does he argue second amendment talking points? Why doesn't he argue poorly on purpose in order to move the overton window the other direction?
    Trump has put the Iran war on hold due to the upcoming election. He will go at it full tilt boogie neocon, if he's reelected. He is a NYC libtard gun grabber, like Bloomberrg Sure, he lies for votes by saying he is pro 2A. He's clueless on God Given Inalienable Rights. Zero comprehension of LIMITED POWERS mandated by the US Constitution. Does whatever he can get away with, which is a whole lot with the support of the D&R party establishment neocons.

    "Take the guns First" ~Donnell Trump, NYC progressive libtard.



    Take the guns first --Trump/Hogg Bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That is it for any minority dem politician elected to federal office . The only cure would be not electing them .
    Yea that makes sense, don't ever elect minority dem politicians to federal office, just white ones. That is just brilliant, what other amazing ideas do you have to share with us?

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Trump has put the Iran war on hold due to the upcoming election. He will go at it full tilt boogie neocon, if he's reelected. He is a NYC libtard gun grabber, like Bloomberrg Sure, he lies for votes by saying he is pro 2A. He's clueless on God Given Inalienable Rights. Zero comprehension of LIMITED POWERS mandated by the US Constitution. Does whatever he can get away with, which is a whole lot with the support of the D&R party establishment neocons.

    "Take the guns First" ~Donnell Trump, NYC progressive libtard.


    Take the guns first --Trump/Hogg Bros.
    I think he meant take the guns from people who you know are going to shoot people before they shoot people not just take the guns. You can be anti war and be for a strong defense/military. Sometimes a strong military is the best deterrence to war. You aren't going to start a fight with someone who is jacked and would destroy you. That can be anti war in itself.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think he meant take the guns from people who you know are going to shoot people before they shoot people not just take the guns. You can be anti war and be for a strong defense/military. Sometimes a strong military is the best deterrence to war. You aren't going to start a fight with someone who is jacked and would destroy you. That can be anti war in itself.
    A strong military is OK, an aggressive antagonizing military is not OK. The US military is the latter

  24. #21
    Legal Context
    The Naturalization Act of 1906 stipulated that only "free white persons" and "aliens of African nativity and persons of African descent" were allowed by law to become U.S. citizens by naturalization.

    In 1922 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Takao Ozawa, a Japanese-American man, was ineligible for naturalization. In issuing the ruling, the court defined "white person":

    the words 'white person' were meant to indicate only a person of what is popularly known as the Caucasian race
    .
    In 1923, the Supreme Court ruled on a similar case where Bhagat Singh Thind, a Sikh Indian man was seeking naturalization. He argued that as an "high-caste Hindu" he was a member of the caucasian race. His arguments were anthropologically sound, highlighting the linguistic ties between Indo-Aryan speakers and Europeans.

    But the court rejected his argument, saying that authorities on the subject of race were in disagreement over which people were included in the scientific definition of the Caucasian race.

    the words "free white person" in the naturalization act were "synonymous with the word ‘Caucasian’ only as that word is popularly understood," pointing out that the statutory language was to be interpreted as "words of common speech and not of scientific origin, . . . written in the common speech, for common understanding, by unscientific men.
    https://www.diffen.com/difference/Caucasian-vs-White

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Yea that makes sense, don't ever elect minority dem politicians to federal office, just white ones. That is just brilliant, what other amazing ideas do you have to share with us?
    Not electing the white ones is a good idea too . I never have a shortage of brilliant ideas . You'll get used to it .

  26. #23
    The modern dem party office holders in congress and the senate are pretty much worse than satan . Satan would want deregulation and a thriving economy so you had plenty of cash to potentially sin with . The dems have most of the evil negatives and none of the positives . As a general rule the minorities in these positions appear to be worse ,more vocal ( often times simply attention seeking ) and slightly less bright . Not electing these people has a chance to advance liberty , electing them has none . Anyone wishing to pretend otherwise is not being honest .

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    A strong military is OK, an aggressive antagonizing military is not OK. The US military is the latter
    How would you tell other countries not to mess with us? Ask them nicely? Sometimes people only learn not to touch the stove when they burn their finger. How would you prevent those types of people from touching the stove? Sometimes people will try to touch the stove until they burn their finger how would you prevent them from touching the stove? Some people will touch the stove even if it burns them. How do you prevent those people from touching the stove? How do you teach people things who don't want to learn?



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    How would you tell other countries not to mess with us? Ask them nicely? Sometimes people only learn not to touch the stove when they burn their finger. How would you prevent those types of people from touching the stove? Sometimes people will try to touch the stove until they burn their finger how would you prevent them from touching the stove? Some people will touch the stove even if it burns them. How do you prevent those people from touching the stove? How do you teach people things who don't want to learn?
    To be consistent with your analogy, the stove doesn't go out of its way to burn you in order to teach you not to touch it, the same way the US cannot be aggressive with other country before they attack us. You have a big military so other people are not tempted to attack. That is what we need to achieve this goal

    This is just one way to do it, nobody attacks Switzerland and they don't spend all their money on military and attacking their neighbours. Maybe we should try their method and see if it can work for us.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    To be consistent with your analogy, the stove doesn't go out of its way to burn you in order to teach you not to touch it, the same way the US cannot be aggressive with other country before they attack us. You have a big military so other people are not tempted to attack. That is what we need to achieve this goal

    This is just one way to do it, nobody attacks Switzerland and they don't spend all their money on military and attacking their neighbours. Maybe we should try their method and see if it can work for us.
    You are not being really realistic here. I know you are smart enough to understand that people aren't always rational or will do dishonest things if it benefits them. I know you are smart enough to know psychopaths who tend to be in a position of power will do that. I know you are smart enough to understand theory of mind.

  31. #27
    I know you understand the concept that offense is sometimes the best defense. Are you really using the big lie? Pretending to be anti war but not understand the art of war because you are using propaganda techniques?

  32. #28
    I think she's right.

    Guess I'm an idiot.

  33. #29
    Temporary Ban New York, NY



    Posts
    746
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Trump was right when he said she should leave our country

  34. #30
    ...
    Last edited by tfurrh; 01-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2019, 09:15 PM
  2. Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-08-2019, 08:20 PM
  3. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-25-2018, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 03:16 PM
  5. For the record I resist racist and reject cultural supremacy
    By Oyate in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •