Thread: How a impeachment Trial should be held

How a impeachment Trial should be held

Just like a criminal trial where the Chief Justice runs the trial. Lawyers start with opening statements, call witnesses, cross examine witnesses, then give closing arguments and object to arguments. Senators are not allowed to discuss case with anyone and are only called on when they reach a verdict. When the Senate reaches a verdict it begins “We the Senate find the defendant...guilty...not guilty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Just like a criminal trial where the Chief Justice runs the trial. Lawyers start with opening statements, call witnesses, cross examine witnesses, then give closing arguments and object to arguments. Senators are not allowed to discuss case with anyone and are only called on when they reach a verdict. When the Senate reaches a verdict it begins “We the Senate find the defendant...guilty...not guilty.
    That would make too much sense. And give you less control over the outcome. (I think the votes should be anonymous too so they don't know who voted which way- harder to put political pressure on people).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That would make too much sense. And give you less control over the outcome. (I think the votes should be anonymous too so they don't know who voted which way- harder to put political pressure on people).
    Anonymous voting would empower the deepstate, so of course you support it.

The people have a right to know how their Senators vote on impeachment because it will always be political in addition to judicial.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

(I think the votes should be anonymous too so they don't know who voted which way- harder to put political pressure on people).
    uh, wtf?!

Repeal the 17th. Please and thank you.

This case in front of us is frivolous so I was being sarcastic. It would be a huge waste of time.