Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First case of China-linked coronavirus reported in US

Last July, the RCMP kicked out two Chinese researchers. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3761093 says it was for sending Level-4 viruses to the Wuhan facility in China.
    ...oh btw. The husband worked with coronavirus.
    Also this:
    Looks like Patient 0 had no tie to the animal market.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...avirus-chinese
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

So it's now c. 50 million people under quarantine (and virtually the whole country, 1/5th of humanity, has lesser travel restrictions).

The most important recent news may be that 2 recent cases in Beijing had no known connection to Wuhan.

Also, there are regular, if unconfirmed, reports out of Wuhan or other places in that province of 90-100k infected, contra the 1900 being reported.

The R0 has been estimated at 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So it's now c. 50 million people under quarantine (and virtually the whole country, 1/5th of humanity, has lesser travel restrictions).

The most important recent news may be that 2 recent cases in Beijing had no known connection to Wuhan.

Also, there are regular, if unconfirmed, reports out of Wuhan or other places in that province of 90-100k infected, contra the 1900 being reported.

One estimate is 3.6

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One estimate is 3.6
    You mean for the R0?

I've seen estimates (from Chinese in Wuhan) as high as 14.

We don't really know what the numbers are at this point, though it's reasonable to assume that they're higher than reported.

You mean for the R0?

I've seen estimates (from Chinese in Wuhan) as high as 14.

We don't really know what the numbers are at this point, though it's reasonable to assume that they're higher than reported.
    Yes.

But I was wrong, it's 3.8:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD – the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad – never seen an actual virality coefficient outside of Twitter in my entire career. I’m not exaggerating… #WuhanCoronovirus #CoronavirusOutbreak pic.twitter.com/6mmxIHL9Ue
    — Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 25, 2020
    12/ What is the typical R0 attack rate for the seasonal flu in most years? It’s around an R0=1.28. The 2009 flu pandemic? R0=1.48. The 1918 Spanish Flu? 1.80. This new #WuhanCoronavirus reproductive value again? R0=3.8. (Flu reference: https://t.co/ldAWBlFkvA)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD – the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad – never seen an actual virality coefficient outside of Twitter in my entire career. I’m not exaggerating… #WuhanCoronovirus #CoronavirusOutbreak pic.twitter.com/6mmxIHL9Ue
    12/ What is the typical R0 attack rate for the seasonal flu in most years? It’s around an R0=1.28. The 2009 flu pandemic? R0=1.48. The 1918 Spanish Flu? 1.80. This new #WuhanCoronavirus reproductive value again? R0=3.8. (Flu reference: https://t.co/ldAWBlFkvA)
    Welp, let's hope the Chinese nurses saying it's 14 (!) are wrong.

Regardless, they've already lost control, it seems to me.

If we get a non-Wunan-related case somewhere outside China soon, that'll confirm it.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-25-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Also, at the risk of sounding callous, this might be the thing that pops the everything bubble.

The DJIA was down Friday, with oil dropping especially.

If China's screwed for the next couple months, that's going to have a major effect on world markets.

And if it spreads in serious way to the West, watch out; the Fed can't print vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Wonderful. So the the short of it is that the quarantines up to this point have been a joke, people brag on social media about leaving while sick, and the Chinese don’t wash their hands.

Yes.

Updated to lower number...

https://www.twitter.com/DrEricDing/s...32573340061697

https://www.twitter.com/DrEricDing/s...68356314042369
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That 1900 number cannot be correct. Must be higher.
    "I am a bird"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...hp_minor_pos19

Mayor of Wuhan, epicenter of coronavirus outbreak, says 5 million people left the city before travel restrictions were imposed

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Coronavirus 'isn't something the American public need to worry about'

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-something-the

01/26/20

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Sunday the American public shouldn’t worry about the coronavirus outbreak in China.

“It’s a very, very low risk to the United States,” Fauci said during an interview with radio show host John Catsimatidis.

“But it’s something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously... It isn’t something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about. Because we have ways of preparing and screening of people coming in [from China]. And we have ways of responding - like we did with this one case in Seattle, Washington, who had traveled to China and brought back the infection.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) reported on Saturday that there are 1,320 confirmed cases of the virus worldwide, only two are in the U.S. and the majority are centered in China.

Fauci went on to explain that since it is a virus, there are limited remedies to combat it or develop immunity among a population. He said NIAID is working on a vaccine, though it will be about three months until they can begin testing it on humans.

“We’ve just got to make sure that we are totally prepared [since] infectious diseases will continue to emerge on the human species. And we’ve got to be essentially perpetually prepared.”

It remains unclear how long the virus will be active in China, where over 30 million people in the Wuhan, China area have been quarantined so far.

On Saturday, it was reported that the U.S. government is preparing a charter flight this weekend to evacuate American citizens and diplomats from Wuhan.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced Saturday that it is moving a qualifying event from Wuhan, China, to Amman, Jordan, over concerns about the outbreak.

Officials Confirm Five U.S. Cases of Coronavirus After China Travel

(Reuters) - Five people in the United States, all of whom recently traveled from Wuhan, China, have been diagnosed with the new coronavirus, officials of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Sunday.

The count includes new patients identified over the weekend in the Los Angeles and Phoenix areas, as well as cases reported earlier in Chicago and Seattle.
    ...at least 100 more possible cases are being investigated, Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a conference call with reporters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In this report we take an inside look at Event 201, which took place in NYC on October 18 2019. Event 201 is a high-level pandemic exercise hosted by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

This is extremely fascinating because this pandemic simulation exercise of coronavirus took place about 6 weeks before the first illness from the coronavirus was actually reported in wuhan china! That is one hell of a coincidence if you believe in that sort of thing. Another fascinating connection, is the fact that not only did the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation participate in and help set up the pandemic simulation of a coronavirus outbreak, but they just so happen to fund the group who owns the patent to the deadly coronavirus and are already working on a vaccine to solve the current crisis. Again an incredible coincidence…

In this report you will see footage from inside the event as the members of the emergency epidemic board in this simulation, which consists of representatives from major banks, the UN, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Johnson and Johnson, logistical powerhouses, the media as well as officials from China and America’s CDC just to name a few. This simulation also includes news reports that were fabricated just for this exercise, please keep that in mind because they are eerily similar to reports we are currently seeing regarding this real world coronavirus outbreak.

Links:

Event 201
    http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.or...

Center for health security (Videos)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/biosecur...

Leading US health experts predicted coronavirus could kill 65million people in a year - in chilling warning three months BEFORE the outbreak in China
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...

The Real Umbrella Corp: Wuhan Ultra Biohazard Lab Was Studying "The World's Most Dangerous Pathogens"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/r...

56 Million Chinese On Lockdown As Virus Spreads To Australia, Malaysia
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/5...

China Suddenly Increases Death Toll By Over 60% As Virus Jumps To Europe
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitica...

With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ch...

China built a lab to study SARS and Ebola in Wuhan - and US biosafety experts warned in 2017 that a virus could 'escape' the facility that's become key in fighting the outbreak
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...

BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION & OTHERS PREDICTED UP TO 65 MILLION DEATHS VIA CORONAVIRUS – IN SIMULATION RAN 3 MONTHS AGO!
    https://www.infowars.com/bill-and-mel...
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Going to China in a few days. You guys can have my stuff if I don't make it back. Just promise you'll keep the Injun away from it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Going to China in a few days. You guys can have my stuff if I don't make it back. Just promise you'll keep the Injun away from it.
    Good luck, wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It is. The Chinese state will underestimate all figures in the interest of preserving social stability. And this is not an altogether bad idea, especially if there's nothing they can actually do (show aside) to stop it. That said, even if the absolute numbers are fake/wrong (they're definitely wrong, fake or not), the officially reported *rate* of increase might be fairly accurate. And the number of *officially* infected persons approximately doubled over the last day (with the real absolute number being maybe 10-100x the official figure). Are you in Amsterdam? It was in Paris a few days ago, which almost certainly means that it's in Brussels, Amsterdam, Lyon, somewhere in Deutschland, Spain, Italy. What if any screening processes have you seen in your home town or wherever you might be traveling? Give us the scoop Dutchman.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't believe that the WHO hasn't yet declared this a "public health emergency of international concern."

Not that it really matters in terms of material efforts to contain the illness, but it's symbolically important.

I'm starting to think it's political; they made such a declaration with ebola, which was a much lower risk.

There have now been dozens of tested cases in England, and they *say* they're all negative.

...this with 100,000+ Chinese students studying at English schools, many recently returned from China.

Perhaps they got lucky, but I find that highly unlikely.

Not one single case in England...?

Uh huh...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It is. The Chinese state will underestimate all figures in the interest of preserving social stability. And this is not an altogether bad idea, especially if there's nothing they can actually do (show aside) to stop it. That said, even if the absolute numbers are fake/wrong (they're definitely wrong, fake or not), the officially reported *rate* of increase might be fairly accurate. And the number of *officially* infected persons approximately doubled over the last day (with the real absolute number being maybe 10-100x the official figure). Are you in Amsterdam? It was in Paris a few days ago, which almost certainly means that it's in Brussels, Amsterdam, Lyon, somewhere in Deutschland, Spain, Italy. What if any screening processes have you seen in your home town or wherever you might be traveling? Give us the scoop Dutchman.
    None whatsoever. But where I live you will not see any, ever. The town I live in has less than 1k inhabitants. I can let you know in two weeks as I'll be flying again. I did get checked with a thermal camera upon arrival in Johannesburg at the end of November... But that was before the outbreak. Not sure what they were looking for.

But no, the official government body responsible for this is keeping the chances of an outbreak in Holland to low. Mostly because there are no direct flights. They're not denying it's possible, just stating that it's less likely. Of course, if it becomes a pandemic, none of that is relevant.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    the Chinese don’t wash their hands.
    Wow. Savages.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It is. The Chinese state will underestimate all figures in the interest of preserving social stability. And this is not an altogether bad idea, especially if there's nothing they can actually do (show aside) to stop it. That said, even if the absolute numbers are fake/wrong (they're definitely wrong, fake or not), the officially reported *rate* of increase might be fairly accurate. ...
    Yeah, “reported cases” will never be accurate, China or anywhere. It’s more of a sample, like a poll. Rate of change is what is important.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Wow. Savages.
    Medieval.

Why wash them if they will just get dirty again?

Medieval.

Why wash them if they will just get dirty again?
    Good point, they are dirty asians. They live in filth, like swine. Almost every disease originates from China.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Good point, they are dirty asians. They live in filth, like swine. Almost every disease originates from China.
    Very collectivist. Not all Chinese people eat at wet markets. We may need to send you back to moderator school.

I know that when I am butchering civet cats, muntjac, marmots, peacocks, otters, snakes, camels, kittens, koalas, dolphins and pandas in the gutter, and serve them to customers, I wear gloves all day long. That way my hands never get dirty.

Very collectivist. Not all Chinese people eat at wet markets. We may need to send you back to moderator school.

I know that when I am butchering civet cats, muntjac, marmots, peacocks, otters, snakes, camels, kittens, koalas, dolphins and pandas in the gutter, and serve them to customers, I wear gloves all day long. That way my hands never get dirty.
    I've heard panda meat is pretty bland and flavorless. Perhaps the right chef can cook it properly to bring out the flavor.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast