Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: First case of China-linked coronavirus reported in US

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Three days later, US cases up to 53...
    That was one month ago.

Confirmed cases today: 48,855.

Real number of cases: ?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ugh. NYT and their damn paywall.

It would be good to know where cases are increasing (or stabilizing) by region.
    I see the map for free?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I see the map for free?
    You must be registered or logged in with them or something.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

US cases: 48,855. US deaths: 593.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.2%

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–..._and_territory

US on pace to pass Italy and become second only to China in number of confirmed cases.
    Less than 6 hours later...

United States: 53,275. Deaths: 696

All because of some severely unsanitary practices in Wuhan. #kurwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    All because of some severely unsanitary practices in Wuhan. #kurwa
    Doubts
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Doubts
    Orlly? Why is that? The timeline isn't that fuzzy.

what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Orlly? Why is that? The timeline isn't that fuzzy.
    Did not Originate in Wuhan.
    It was Released in Wuhan. (Likely made at Ft Detrick)

Same end result.
    Fuzzy Blame.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Did not Originate in Wuhan.
    It was Released in Wuhan. (Likely made at Ft Detrick)

Same end result.
    Fuzzy Blame.
    Source? It's possible, but I'd like proof. Thnx. ~hugs~

Less than 6 hours later...

United States: 53,275. Deaths: 696
    US cases: 64,675. US deaths: 910.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.4%

Number of deaths just about doubled in a little over a day.

Source? It's possible, but I'd like proof. Thnx. ~hugs~
    Look at Ft Detrick,, when and Why it was Closed.

Proof
    Short of a Whistle Blower with the original strain intact,,,, not likely this side of Judgement.

It was mentioned elsewhere.. Wuhan Strain had trunks that originated in the US..

It is a Weaponized cold.with a minimal lethality,,unless you do everything wrong.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

But that is misleading. Without testing the entire population, you can't know the actual number of infections. The death rate you are stating is based on confirmed by testing cases. We have no idea how many people are infected and asymptomatic or mild symptoms and didn't seek testing or medical care. The actual death rate among infections is likely much lower and below 1%.

Last year per the cdc website, there were 34,000 deaths from influenza and we did not destroy our economy over that.
    Last edited by 69360; 03-26-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    But that is misleading. Without testing the entire population, you can't know the actual number of infections. The death rate you are stating is based on confirmed by testing cases. We have no idea how many people are infected and asymptomatic or mild symptoms and didn't seek testing or medical care. The actual death rate among infections is likely much lower and below 1%.

Last year per the cdc website, there were 34,000 deaths from influenza and we did not destroy our economy over that.
    Of course.

Lies, damned lies and government statistics. The only thing they are good for is tracking change, and only if they are derived consistently with the same criteria. The percent dead number I have been posting should go down as more people are tested. Kind of surprising that it hasn't dropped more by now.

US cases: 85,798. US deaths: 1,295.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.5%

And the US skyrockets past Italy and China to become the country with the most confirmed cases in the world.

With all of the additional testing, the death rate stubbornly stays about the same, even increasing. Not sure what to make out of that. Perhaps we are still only testing critically ill patients.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cognitive dissonance. And they have no problem telling people two opposing ideas at the same time.

At this point, they are simply lying to the public. It is outrageous.

And this is not new. I have commented on it in the past. It seems there is a coordinated effort from the government health organizations to tell people that diseases are never airborne, that masks don’t help, and that you should wash your hands instead. It’s a blatant lie.
    They lied, people died. They told people that masks (or respirators) did not help stop the spread. And then everyone repeated that lie like it was gospel truth.

They lied, people died. They told people that masks (or respirators) did not help stop the spread. And then everyone repeated that lie like it was gospel truth.
    They were probably trying to get all the masks, or at least stop individuals from hoarding masks and let hospitals get them.

I could imagine some people buying like 500 masks and hoarding them in their basement while the hospital down the street runs out..

But ya I dunno if lying to the people is a good longterm strategy when you are a health organization.

They should have said masks can help, but they don't work 100% of the time and we need them for the hospital workers so don't hard them, or maybe just said nothing at all.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

But some Wuhan residents who had tested positive earlier and then recovered from the disease are testing positive for the virus a second time. Based on data from several quarantine facilities in the city, which house patients for further observation after their discharge from hospitals, about 5%-10% of patients pronounced "recovered" have tested positive again.

Some of those who retested positive appear to be asymptomatic carriers — those who carry the virus and are possibly infectious but do not exhibit any of the illness's associated symptoms — suggesting that the outbreak in Wuhan is not close to being over.
    Under its newest COVID-19 prevention guidelines, China does not include in its overall daily count for total and for new cases those who retest positive after being released from medical care. China also does not include asymptomatic cases in case counts.

"I have no idea why the authorities choose not to count [asymptomatic] cases in the official case count. I am baffled," said one of the Wuhan doctors who had a second positive test after recovering.
    This could be nothing more than the tests not being accurate enough.

US cases: 85,798. US deaths: 1,295.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.5%

And the US skyrockets past Italy and China to become the country with the most confirmed cases in the world.

With all of the additional testing, the death rate stubbornly stays about the same, even increasing. Not sure what to make out of that. Perhaps we are still only testing critically ill patients.
    US cases: 163,479. US deaths: 3,146.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.9%

Not good. Deaths more than doubled in a few days. Death rate based on official stats is going up too.

Not all Doctors agree with the WHO and the Surgeon General about the value of masks.

https://twitter.com/SteveYChungMD1/s...81223823761409

What's this?

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1245041348538798081

My faith in the medical profession has always been realistic, and relative to most people, extremely low. But every medical “expert” that still goes on TV and says that masks won't work makes me think that witch doctors rolling bones might he a better option than an establishment “Doctor” at a major University.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagrow View Post
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]This coronavirus is really scary, I have to say...
    Have you ever been afraid of the Cold before?

Perhaps you should look at why you are afraid before you look at what you are afraid of..

Cowardice can be cured.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

My faith in the medical profession has always been realistic, and relative to most people, extremely low. But every medical “expert” that still goes on TV and says that masks won't work makes me think that witch doctors rolling bones might he a better option than an establishment “Doctor” at a major University.
    Masks do NOTHING to stop the cold Virus..

They never have.. Were never intended to..

You got it from the plastic wrapper on the product from China that you bought. and was delivered faster than you expected. It was sent to wuhan China from Ft Detrick.. for dispersal.

China delivers products everywhere.

It was everywhere before it was known. Containment was Moot the first time it was mentioned..TOO LATE.

It is the Damn Cold despite the hype.. Take some Vitamin C.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Masks do NOTHING to stop the cold Virus..

They never have.. Were never intended to..

You got it from the plastic wrapper on the product from China that you bought. and was delivered faster than you expected. It was sent to wuhan China from Ft Detrick.. for dispersal.

China delivers products everywhere.

It was everywhere before it was known. Containment was Moot the first time it was mentioned..TOO LATE.

It is the Damn Cold despite the hype.. Take some Vitamin C.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree. Except on Vitamin C.

I think a mask is a good idea if you are coughing or sneezing or sick because you might not get someone else sick. If this virus teaches people to do that it will be for the better. At the store I see people wearing masks and gloves and than touching their heads and taking their mask off at their mouth. I like the idea of being able to be treated by a doctor with a mask that is not sick though. I don't want medical professionals to not go to work because they feel like they will get their patients sick and do more harm than good or put themselves in harm's way. I dont want the government forcing doctors to work in unsafe conditions. China bought up these N95 masks months ago they were going out of stock. Even when China was telling the world it does not transmit from human to human.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think a mask is a good idea if you are coughing or sneezing or sick because you might not get someone else sick. If this virus teaches people to do that it will be for the better. At the store I see people wearing masks and gloves and than touching their heads and taking their mask off at their mouth. I like the idea of being able to be treated by a doctor with a mask that is not sick though. I don't want medical professionals to not go to work because they feel like they will get their patients sick and do more harm than good or put themselves in harm's way. I dont want the government forcing doctors to work in unsafe conditions. China bought up these N95 masks months ago they were going out of stock. Even when China was telling the world it does not transmit from human to human.
    If I am Coughing, I just handed you the pipe.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

US cases: 163,479. US deaths: 3,146.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 1.9%

Not good. Deaths more than doubled in a few days. Death rate based on official stats is going up too.
    US cases: 216,154. US deaths: 5,115.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 2.4%

Needless to say, the rising death rate is a concern. Supposedly we are doing more testing, which should make the death rate drop.

US cases: 216,154. US deaths: 5,115.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 2.4%

Needless to say, the rising death rate is a concern. Supposedly we are doing more testing, which should make the death rate drop.
    US cases: 305,341. US deaths: 8,283.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 2.7%

Death rate still going up.

US cases: 305,341. US deaths: 8,283.

Current death rate based upon those stats: 2.7%

Death rate still going up.
    And it will,,,

They are packing Healthy Senors together with Covid Patients.. They are insisting on known Fatal medications rather than effective ones.

It is Medical Malpractice on top of Government bungles.

They have moved my 94yr old healthy Mother twice in 2 weeks..from relative safety to known jeopardy..

Following the Italian Model.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast