Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life has not been kind lately

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    He is crying out for help if anyone has any info on this person they need to do something to help him. Does this site capture IP addresses ? That might be a start.
    I sent an email yesterday, but he hasn't logged back in since his post.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I sent an email yesterday, but he hasn't logged back in since his post.
    I just read thru some of his post and found that he lives in San Diego...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Call this number right now.

1-800-273-8255

Then continue to talk to all of us here.

Checking out would dishonor the lioness you still mourn for.
    Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent. [excised] If I drive, it's erratic and risky - I typically drive at or below speed limits, and brake gingerly.

I'm living in Orange County, as I have since summer. A friend in customs has offered a place for me in San Diego to get things sorted out, and I may take him up on that. Getting laid off and left cold reopened the wounds and scars left from the life I was to live with my wife. Trying to start out, again, on a career path that could take half a decade or more - this would put me in my 40s - is difficult enough, but now I'm faced with doing it without the comfort, security, and love of my wife. While also trying to simply make ends meet for myself in the meantime.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 01-24-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent. If I drive, it's erratic and risky - I typically drive at or below speed limits, and brake gingerly.

I'm living in Orange County, as I have since summer. A friend in customs has offered a place for me in San Diego to get things sorted out, and I may take him up on that. Getting laid off and left cold reopened the wounds and scars left from the life I was to live with my wife. Trying to start out, again, on a career path that could take half a decade or more - this would put me in my 40s - is difficult enough, but now I'm faced with doing it without the comfort, security, and love of my wife. While also trying to simply make ends meet for myself in the meantime.
    Your post had me worried you might hurt yourself. I am glad you are still kicking.

Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent. [Edited] If I drive, it's erratic and risky - I typically drive at or below speed limits, and brake gingerly.

It's good to see you are still with us.

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-23-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent. If I drive, it's erratic and risky - I typically drive at or below speed limits, and brake gingerly.

I'm glad you logged back in to talk with us.

Maybe a CA member could reach out to you.

In any case, keep fighting...the night is darkest just before the dawn.

Keep checking in, keep us all posted...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-24-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent.
    I think I would try to view the change in work and scenery as a positive if it were me to try and focus on something else for awhile . It may be good for you . Let us know if you need to talk .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-24-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    Do something Danke

I don’t know you from Adam, which may be appealing when I say, PM me if you need someone to talk to who is thousands of miles removed.

The human experience oscillates from tragedy to triumph on a timeline of its own making. I pray for you.

Trying to start out, again, on a career path that could take half a decade or more - this would put me in my 40s - is difficult enough, but now I'm faced with doing it without the comfort, security, and love of my wife. While also trying to simply make ends meet for myself in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I don’t know you from Adam, which may be appealing when I say, PM me if you need someone to talk to who is thousands of miles removed.

The human experience oscillates from tragedy to triumph on a timeline of its own making. I pray for you.
    What ghengis86 said...

I was 30 when I met My Wife. and I met her as a fugitive. Nationwide warrants for arrest,, Assumed Armed and Dangerous,,

I have owned two homes since then..

I am Contemplating my 40 year Anniversary as an Outlaw.

Been married 57years concurrently.. 32+25

It can turn around,,or take some other direction ,,,

I am 62 and contemplating what to do next myself.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Tried PMing you my cell but:

The following errors occurred with your submission

Feeding the Abscess has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Reach out if you want and I’ll find a way to connect

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Called

Hmmm. I don't know how you will take this, most people don't believe me. I have a talent, a painful one, for being able to see people's futures. Not in the sense that I could lay out a road map, more in a general sense; I can sense when people will be more than okay, that they will thrive. I say it sucks, because this sense doesn't trigger when I look at myself. I say it is a talent because it has not yet, to date, been wrong. You might say, "How can you say this about me? You've never met me," this is true, but I've read you for nine years--a not insignificant amount of text. Writing is mind distilled, yes, in symbols transmittable? Milton said that words offer the purest access to another person's mind.

So, take it from an internet lunatic: while things don't always pass for everyone, and it isn't always going to be okay, these tribulations will pass for you and your life has strange and interesting things still in store.

P.S. That bit about indulging... delete that. I'd prefer if anyone that quoted Abcess did the same.
    Last edited by bv3; 01-23-2020 at 11:36 PM.

P.S. That bit about indulging... delete that. I'd prefer if anyone that quoted Abcess did the same.
    Smart.

Done

Called and spoke with someone for a few hours that night. It took me off the edge, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm still not eating more than a few hundred calories a day or sleeping for a couple hours at a time. Frequently waking up drenched in sweat, too. I'm also toggling from grief to sadness to despair to anger in quick intervals of time. My focus is non-existent. [excised] If I drive, it's erratic and risky - I typically drive at or below speed limits, and brake gingerly.

Glad that you checked in. This isn't easy to do at the moment, but focus on right this moment. Not the past, not the future. But just this very moment. Eat and sleep are the two most important things you need to do right now. If you have not been eating but a few hundred calories a day and not sleeping, your thinking is not going to be clear, and it can just mess you all up. You have to eat and sleep. Your brain needs it. Take it a little bit at a time and please focus on those two things. It's really, really important. Ok? You're going to be all right. You've got options, San Diego is one. It may be something that turns everything around. Or maybe it will lead you to the true new start that you need. But now, please take care of you. Get sleep and nourishment. Thinking about you and hoping you find peace. Please pm me (anytime even months from now, whatever) if you ever need to talk about your grief. I'm almost an expert at this point and have a lot of compassion for those going through it. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Glad that you checked in. This isn't easy to do at the moment, but focus on right this moment. Not the past, not the future. But just this very moment. Eat and sleep are the two most important things you need to do right now. If you have not been eating but a few hundred calories a day and not sleeping, your thinking is not going to be clear, and it can just mess you all up. You have to eat and sleep. Your brain needs it. Take it a little bit at a time and please focus on those two things. It's really, really important. Ok? You're going to be all right. You've got options, San Diego is one. It may be something that turns everything around. Or maybe it will lead you to the true new start that you need. But now, please take care of you. Get sleep and nourishment. Thinking about you and hoping you find peace. Please pm me (anytime even months from now, whatever) if you ever need to talk about your grief. I'm almost an expert at this point and have a lot of compassion for those going through it. Take care.
    This^^^

I will keep you in my prayers, because prayers are very powerful. Keep the faith.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Checking in.

Still in despair, disharmony, and desperation. I'll be at the LP convention tomorrow in LA sometime around noon, if anyone will be there. I'll be in a black polo, gray Dockers, and black Adidas Icon 4s. I'm tall and lean.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Checking in.

Still in despair, disharmony, and desperation. I'll be at the LP convention tomorrow in LA sometime around noon, if anyone will be there. I'll be in a black polo, gray Dockers, and black Adidas Icon 4s. I'm tall and lean.
    Hello.

It's good to know you are still with us.

If you want you can join the RPF Discord chat.

The permanent invite link:

https://discord.gg/HHcY6hh

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Checking in.

Stay strong my friend.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey man, very sorry for all the loss.

You must continue to live the best life you possibly can in the memory of your lioness. Life is full of obstacles, some harder than others, keep moving forward step by step, it will better.

Which part of OC are you staying at? Have you found a new stable job yet? Maybe reach out to one of those medical debt non-profits to see if they can help you out or possibly declare bankruptcy so you can start fresh and save up.

We are all here for you. Join the chat that swordsmyth posted up.

What are your skills and experiences? Its not out of the ordinary that someone here on RPF might have leads on job opportunities. The economy is in great shape right now, shouldn't be hard to find a decent job that will get you on track.
    Last edited by eleganz; 02-18-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Checking in.

I didn't see this till just now. Sorry you are still in a bad place. If you feel like talking or venting, please do so. We care.

Checking in.

Quite the OP... hang in there.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I haven't been here in a while so just read this. What an awful bunch of heartache to go through. I lost my dad, my brother and my mother over a 6 year span. It's hard and you feel like life will never be the same. My ex husband cheated on me with a friend while i was caring for my mom, then filed for divorce. I lost my home because i couldnt afford it by myself. I went loopy for a few years due to having hyperparathyroidism which got better after they removed them but they took out my whole thyroid which was life changing from a health standpoint. Just when I sort of starting to feel normal again, my adult son had a fall resulting in a severe traumatic brain injury. Still dealing with that. I'm close to retirement age but working 60 hour weeks. My point being, we keep going but yes it's hard..really sucky and hard. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that and at such a young age. I will keep you in my prayers that life turns around for you soon..you are definitely due. Please dont stop reaching out. Youth is on your side, so there is that but grief doesn't have a timeline.

Checking in.

In training to get my life insurance license. Learned this week that I'm on the spectrum. It's a no-brainer in retrospect, as it explains all of my behavioral and personality quirks and traits from childhood to now. But it also means that I'll still need to adjust behaviors and be cognizant of my thoughts, emotions, and feelings at all times, rather than being 'normal' after resolving whatever issues remain from my grief.

All said, this information is better than limited or misleading information. Further testing with the psychiatrist will reveal the extent of the ASD, and if it overlaps elsewhere (probably some ADHD tendencies).

Checking in.

In training to get my life insurance license. Learned this week that I'm on the spectrum. It's a no-brainer in retrospect, as it explains all of my behavioral and personality quirks and traits from childhood to now. But it also means that I'll still need to adjust behaviors and be cognizant of my thoughts, emotions, and feelings at all times, rather than being 'normal' after resolving whatever issues remain from my grief.

All said, this information is better than limited or misleading information. Further testing with the psychiatrist will reveal the extent of the ASD, and if it overlaps elsewhere (probably some ADHD tendencies).
    It's good to hear you are getting help.

Keep us updated

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Checking in.

Good to see your getting help. I'm on the spectrum as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Check in again.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hope your doing ok Abscess.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12