Thread: Trump adviser suggests MLK would have opposed Trump's impeachment

Trump adviser suggests MLK would have opposed Trump's impeachment

Bold statement from adviser of Prez who sees himself as a champion of civil rights and 'greatest President' since Abe Lincoln:

Trump commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day with memorial visit

By Betsy Klein, CNN
    Mon January 20, 2020

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Monday made an unscheduled, unannounced trip to the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial on the National Mall in recognition of the holiday honoring the civil rights icon.

President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Monday, January 20 in Washington.

Vice President Mike Pence joined the President on the brisk January afternoon, just a couple hours before Trump is set to depart the White House for a quick trip to Davos, Switzerland, to attend the World Economic Forum.

Earlier Monday, counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway told reporters in the briefing room that Trump "agrees with many of the things that Dr. Martin Luther King stood for and agreed with for many years, including unity and equality."

Conway also suggested King would have opposed Trump's impeachment.

"When you see the articles of impeachment that came out, I don't think it was within Dr. King's vision to have Americans dragged through a process where the President is not going to be removed from office, is not being charged with bribery, extortion, high crimes or misdemeanors," she said. "And I think that anybody who cares about 'and justice for all' -- today or any day of the year -- will appreciate the fact that the President now will have a full throttle defense on the facts. And everybody should have that."

cnn.com/2020/01/20/politics/donald-trump-martin-luther-king-jr-day/index.html

Related

Trump's "platform" identical to Lincoln's

President Trump is modern day Abraham Lincoln

A top Pentagon official says MLK would support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
    http://www.salon.com/2011/01/13/obama_official_mlk_supports_our_wars/

Cory Booker equates Israel to dream of MLK

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kind of hard to know what MLK would think considering hes been dead for many decades. Did he ever call for the impeachment of other presidents that were in power in his lifetime?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Glad Conway knows what MLK would say but she refused 4 times to say yes or no on if Parnas was lying about Trump knowing. I'm actually surprised Faux News was so blatantly asking those questions, they almost appeared to try to ask a real question there.

5:53 mark

“…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Glad Conway knows what MLK would say but she refused 4 times to say yes or no on if Parnas was lying about Trump knowing. I'm actually surprised Faux News was so blatantly asking those questions, they almost appeared to try to ask a real question there.

5:53 mark

Rudy Giuliani on Monday accused his former associate, Lev Parnas, of telling multiple lies during a media tour last week, including about whether Attorney General William Barr was aware of the Trump lawyer’s activities related to Ukraine.

“I will tell you this definitively, I never spoke to Attorney General Barr about this investigation. Never once,” Giuliani told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham.

Giuliani was responding to Parnas’s claims in interviews with CNN and MSNBC last week that it was “impossible” that Barr was unaware that Parnas worked closely with Giuliani in 2019 to collect and disseminate information related to Ukraine.
    Parnas helped Giuliani arrange interviews with former Ukrainian prosecutors regarding Joe and Hunter Biden. Giuliani and Parnas also coordinated with other Trump allies to push for Marie Yovanovitch’s removal as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.
    “Mr. Barr had to have known everything,” Parnas told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow in an interview on Jan. 15.
    “That is a flat-out, absolute, despicable lie,” Giuliani responded Monday.

Giuliani suggested that tape recordings exist that could contradict some of Parnas’s allegations.
    “A stupid lie is when there is a tape recording that can contradict you. A stupid lie is when there is a passport that can contradict you. I can’t possibly go through all the lies that he told,” Giuliani said.
    Giuliani said that he told Parnas that he would not contact Barr related to their Ukraine-related efforts.

“I have been circumspect, careful, exceedingly careful. Not only that, Lev Parnas knows that,” Giuliani said.
    “I told Lev Parnas several times that I would make sure I would never go to the attorney general with the … so I wouldn’t compromise him. I am very disappointed and hurt by him, but that one really is a shame — to try to implicate somebody who had nothing to do with it.”

Giuliani also said that he felt “misled” by Parnas, but did not elaborate on how the Soviet-born businessman misled him.

More at: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...as-lies-115616
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kind of hard to know what MLK would think considering hes been dead for many decades. Did he ever call for the impeachment of other presidents that were in power in his lifetime?
    Yea hard to tell.

But considering strong MAGA leadership on social justice, diversity, civil rights issues after winning 2016 election, MLK could in theory have seen him in favorable light at least.

Trump designates Martin Luther King Jr. birthplace a national historic park

NBC News