Thread: POLL: Biden leads Democratic primary field in Iowa

POLL: Biden leads Democratic primary field in Iowa

Former Vice President Joe Biden maintained his lead in Iowa ahead of the state's first-in-the-nation caucuses, according to a new poll that also shows former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) gaining ground on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who finished second.

Biden is the top choice among 24 percent of surveyed Iowans in the Focus on Rural America poll released Monday. Biden’s support fell just 1 point since a September poll.

The ranking of the top candidates remained the same since September, but Buttigieg and Sanders saw increases in support while Warren had a decrease, placing all the three candidates closer to each other.

Warren remained in second place with 18 percent, a 5-point decrease since the September poll.

Buttigieg remained in third, but jumped 4 points from September to 16 percent.

Similarly, Sanders maintained his fourth place spot, but had a 5-point boost to 14 percent.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) trails Sanders in fifth place, at 11 percent, a 3-point increase for the senator since September. No other candidates registered double-digit support in the poll.

Twenty-nine percent of surveyed Iowans said Klobuchar is the “best” candidate “for the needs and interests of rural Iowa,” making her the top candidate on the issue. The top four candidates trailed Klobuchar when questioned on rural interests, with Warren at 15 percent, Sanders at 14 percent, and Biden and Buttigieg each at 13 percent, according to the poll.

Biden was also overwhelmingly the candidate respondents said was “best equipped to handle the current conflicts and tensions between the U.S. and Iran and other global hot spots,” with 42 percent choosing the former vice president, according to the poll.

The poll surveyed 500 likely caucus goers. It was conducted between Jan. 15 and 18 with a combination of cellphone and landlines. There is a 4.4 percentage point margin of error.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...d-in-iowa-poll

He also leads in South Carolina while Bernie leads in NH.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How someone like him can even be leading in a poll is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    OBAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He has name recognition. He also gets to basically be shielded from being attacked because of all the coverage on other candidates and Trump so he is too boring to get any real coverage on the MSM. It seems like he is playing boring up as a strength against Trump who isn't boring. The truth is he lacks competence and couldn't win a general election. He sounds worse every time I hear him talk like he has had multiple strokes. He has either had multiple strokes or is the victim of torture because he shows all the symptoms. It seems like they are rigging the entire democrat contest to nominate boring biden because they believe they can convince the voters that boring is presidential. No one is talking about his lack of cognition, he is like a zombie from a zombie movie.

I think the Trump debates are going to be very entertaining.

I think the Dems are propping up Biden as a candidate so they can perpetuate the narrative that Trump was trying to get dirt on a political opponent (aka "meddling with an election"), as opposed to the White House narrative that Trump was investigating corruption.

If there hadn't been impeachment, I bet there would be no candidate Biden, and the Dem's narrative falls apart.

I predict once the impeachment charade is finished, Biden will drop out and Hillary jumps in.
    Last edited by SummersEve; 01-20-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SummersEve View Post
    I think the Dems are propping up Biden as a candidate so they can perpetuate the narrative that Trump was trying to get dirt on a political opponent (aka "meddling with an election"), as opposed to the White House narrative that Trump was investigating corruption.

If there hadn't been impeachment, I bet there would be no candidate Biden, and the Dem's narrative falls apart.

I predict once the impeachment charade is finished, Biden will drop out and Hillary jumps in.
    I dont see Hillary jumping as much i dislike what Trump did in the middle east, both of these idiots wont stand a chance agaisnt Trump in the general election. Let alone if Biden tries to paint Trump as a War monger well Trump could paint him the same way for the Libyan intervention, its a shame the democrats are to afraid of picking someone different and not to crazy.

BINGO!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poll could be wrong , my sources on the ground still predict bernie winning .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Poll could be wrong , my sources on the ground still predict bernie winning .
    What about Amy Klobuchar?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is that the homely girl I picked up in an Asian massage parlor in NY that stole my ID ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-20-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He has name recognition. He also gets to basically be shielded from being attacked because of all the coverage on other candidates and Trump so he is too boring to get any real coverage on the MSM. It seems like he is playing boring up as a strength against Trump who isn't boring. The truth is he lacks competence and couldn't win a general election. He sounds worse every time I hear him talk like he has had multiple strokes. He has either had multiple strokes or is the victim of torture because he shows all the symptoms. It seems like they are rigging the entire democrat contest to nominate boring biden because they believe they can convince the voters that boring is presidential. No one is talking about his lack of cognition, he is like a zombie from a zombie movie.
    + rep

He's standing on stage like some ignorant animatronic zombie . He is an empty suit.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=empty%20suit

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Shes irrelevant. No threat to Trump whatsoever.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That narrative contains far too may syllables to be successfully marketed to the average voter, and so it's not what the Dem political strategists are thinking about. Biden's ahead for the obvious reasons; he reminds people of Obama (still beloved among Dems) and he's familiar/not scary. He's sort of like George H.W. Bush vis a vis Reagan. I think Biden's very likely to win, and fairly likely to sweep IA, NH, SC, NV, and end it right there.

He’ll be the nominee if he wins Iowa or New Hampshire.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think the Trump debates are going to be very entertaining.
    The next several years are going to be terribly interesting, in the Chinese sense.