Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marijuana legalization may hit 40 states. Now what?

Those are average prices.. I just looked at a local menu that was charging anywhere from $85/8th ($680/oz) down to $135 / oz, but I have bought a few ounces for $100-$120 off the medical market and some were quite good..

I feel like back in the day prices were pretty similar for really good herb and meh herb, nowadays the really good indoor still commands the old prices, but the outdoor that is sometimes almost as good, but usually not quite as good, is significantly cheaper.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-22-2020 at 08:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just for Reference,,since today was shopping day.

Stinky Pinky- Flower $6 gr,, got 2 (Real pretty Red shade Purple,,buy the name grabbed me)
    Oz of bud shake,, $25 (great for the dugout)
    Maui Wowi - Flower $12 3.5 gr

Concentrate, Crumble $8 gr got 2 (One each Indica ad Sativa)

Took a few minutes to decide and ring out all while the girls were Shopping Winco.

California has a lot more problems with over Government... and it drives everything up,,,but no Black Market is going to have the selection...

That Store,(one or many nearby) Has products at higher prices.. but also caters to the Budget shopper.

I AM a bargain shopper, and it has been my favorite store...

Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2020 at 11:24 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The listed prices above are not the paid price. Add 25%. If an ounce is listed at 200 it'll sell for 250-260 since the tax is 25%+

California

"Again, while estimates vary, this suggests that the typical Californian cannabis user could be facing a tax rate of between 45% and 80%, once these new increases go into effect on Jan. 1, 2020. "

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...nabis-tax.aspx

$50 pre-tax unit base price
    $4.63 state and local sales tax @ 9.25 percent
    ($2.50 Oakland excise tax @ 5 percent)
    ($6.90 state excise tax)
    ($1.15 state cultivation tax)
    $65.18 total (projected total)

https://www.greenstate.com/explained...rijuana-taxes/

Washington has a 37% tax on it

"On Saturday, Ivano Ipsaro Passione braved the snow to wait in a long line at NuMed dispensary in Bucktown, picking up a peanut butter edible bar and a vape cartridge for $78.

But there’s something else Passione picked up he wasn’t planning for: a hefty $26.37 tax on his bill. Like other dispensaries, NuMed doesn’t itemize the various taxes consumers pay, making them confusing to compute."

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/01...os-pricey-pot/

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    The listed prices above are not the paid price. Add 25%. If an ounce is listed at 200 it'll sell for 250-260 since the tax is 25%+

California

"Again, while estimates vary, this suggests that the typical Californian cannabis user could be facing a tax rate of between 45% and 80%, once these new increases go into effect on Jan. 1, 2020. "

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...nabis-tax.aspx

$50 pre-tax unit base price
    $4.63 state and local sales tax @ 9.25 percent
    ($2.50 Oakland excise tax @ 5 percent)
    ($6.90 state excise tax)
    ($1.15 state cultivation tax)
    $65.18 total (projected total)

https://www.greenstate.com/explained...rijuana-taxes/

"On Saturday, Ivano Ipsaro Passione braved the snow to wait in a long line at NuMed dispensary in Bucktown, picking up a peanut butter edible bar and a vape cartridge for $78.

But there’s something else Passione picked up he wasn’t planning for: a hefty $26.37 tax on his bill. Like other dispensaries, NuMed doesn’t itemize the various taxes consumers pay, making them confusing to compute."

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/01...os-pricey-pot/
    Medical patients in CA only pay the sales tax.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The listed prices above are not the paid price.

The prices I posted (#32) are Price after Tax..

I spent less than $70 bucks... Out the door with no hassle
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Chicago has people lining up outside the dispensaries like its a crack spot for yuppies.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Medical patients in CA only pay the sales tax.
    This is from May 2019. it says one year.

a Medical Marijuana Identification (MMID) card that exempts you from “sales and use” tax for one year. Depending on your location, sales and use taxes are 7% to 10% of the total transaction (including other taxes!).

In all, there are three types of California cannabis taxes. The other two, another 15% or more, cannot be avoided.

https://www.eaze.com/article/taxes-c...na-card-exempt

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The prices I posted (#32) are Price after Tax..

I spent less than $70 bucks... Out the door with no hassle
    I know the difference between hamburger and a good steak. I've had a real good hamburger before but it doesn't compare to an average steak.
    Link me to the dispensary, please. I want to see the prices. it's going to be the lower quality stuff that is cheap.

July 2019 avg prices

Area Gram Ounce
    State average $12 $186
    Denver $12 $151
    Fort Collins $12 $220

https://marijuanarates.com/colorado-marijuana-prices/
    Last edited by tebowlives; 01-23-2020 at 11:53 PM.

I know the difference between hamburger and a good steak. I've had a real good hamburger before but it doesn't compare to an average steak.
    Link me to the dispensary, please. I want to see the prices. it's going to be the lower quality stuff that is cheap.
    They don't update the online menu often,, Always a wide selection from Budget to Connoisseur.
    But I will Give Andy another free plug.
    https://www.allbud.com/dispensaries/...ew/420-holiday
    https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/420-holiday
    https://potguide.com/washington/mari...w/420-holiday/

I doubt specials are advertised as they are short lived..
    Bud Shake varies but has been decent quality,, current "Daytripper" at $25 oz

The $8 grams of concentrate were 63% and 70% Indica and Sativa.. And "Elements of Air".. is quite nice (Scooby Snack)
    https://www.facebook.com/elementsmj
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Whats Next?

Interstate Trade and Competition,,
    Industry Demand for Raw Material.

improved Health and well being.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feds should de-schedule already... the genie is outta the bottle.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Feds should de-schedule already... the genie is outta the bottle.
    McConnell won't allow it. Until he's gone its not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    That isn't what was killing people. There was the vitamin E issue that caused some lung irritation in some people. The synthetic marijuana is what was killing people. Bad stuff.
    I had some lung issues at the time, had a sample taken from my lungs after it cleared up. Reported the Dr. for insurance fraud as he skipped an xray when he found out I was well. Did much research and am convinced the whole thing was vitamin e. The group making them got busted. That not to say the fake $#@!e is healthy just the alarm was caused by vitamin e.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Supporting Member
    Alabama

Tomatoes are legal and you can even grow them and eat the ones you grow. You can purchase seeds for tomatoes and do with them as you wish.
    I'm glad because legal status allows me to grow both tomatoes and marijuana at home garden which is neat. The positive side here is that I'm getting skilled at growing plants (I mean indoor tent growing similar to this). I doubt that it would allow me to become self-sustainable farmer but still that's useful especially during quarantine.
    Last edited by Dundelionn; 05-15-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12