Thread: WATI - Kokesh, Chaffee vie for the anti-war Libertarian mantle

WATI - Kokesh, Chaffee vie for the anti-war Libertarian mantle

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-the-anti-wa/

Remember, the more clicks they get the more likely they are to cover libertarian politicians and races. So please click even if you hate both of these candidates.

Defense spending under President Trump has not decreased, which has certainly kept the hordes of defense contractors ranging from Lockheed Martin to Boeing very happy. Four years into the Trump administration we still have U.S. personnel on the ground in Iraq despite the Iraqi parliament passing a vote to expel U.S. forces just last week.
    One of the party’s frontrunners for the nomination is former U.S. Marine veteran and anti-war activist Adam Kokesh.

I reached out to Mr. Kokesh for a comment regarding Mr. Chafee’s entrance into the race. Mr. Kokesh replied that “Many Libertarians will potentially be skeptical of someone who supported Obama despite his subservience to the military industrial complex.” However, Mr. Kokesh is “excited to see someone with his [Chafee’s] record coming around to the Libertarian Party and taking an anti-war position.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    clicked
    Do something Danke

Clicked.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting article.

The Times already trying to limit LP candidate's exposure, I see. Jacob Hornberger is the best LP candidate so far, by far. Chaffee is another faux Beltway Libertarian like Weld or Barr. Kokesh isn't a serious contender, in that he doesn't have a broad enough appeal and would be easily painted as a loon. But of course the Times won't mention Hornberger since he's the actual best candidate.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The Times already trying to limit LP candidate's exposure, I see. Jacob Hornberger is the best LP candidate so far, by far. Chaffee is another faux Beltway Libertarian like Weld or Barr. Kokesh isn't a serious contender, in that he doesn't have a broad enough appeal and would be easily painted as a loon. But of course the Times won't mention Hornberger since he's the actual best candidate.
    Best is subjective. If Hornberger gets the nomination I will vote for him but I still remember his bizarre attempts to destroy Harry Browne. I just will never understand his problem with Browne.

Clicked
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

No Vermin Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Best is subjective. If Hornberger gets the nomination I will vote for him but I still remember his bizarre attempts to destroy Harry Browne. I just will never understand his problem with Browne.
    I'm not intimately familiar with that topic but a cursory search shows it to be nearly 20 years ago. Hornberger addresses it on his campaign site:

https://jacobforliberty.com/2019/12/...rty-critiques/

Old LP members may remember it and hold a grudge but the Presidential general election voter would give zero $#@!s about any of that.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm not intimately familiar with that topic but a cursory search shows it to be nearly 20 years ago. Hornberger addresses it on his campaign site:

https://jacobforliberty.com/2019/12/...rty-critiques/

Old LP members may remember it and hold a grudge but the Presidential general election voter would give zero $#@!s about any of that.
    You are right about that. But his answer immediately makes me remember why I didn't care for him.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-17-2020 at 12:06 AM.

"He was mayor of Warwick from 1993 to 1999, a United States Senator from 1999 to 2007, and the 74th Governor of Rhode Island from 2011 to 2015."

And that article in the OP refers to him as "Mr.
    Chafee."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "He was mayor of Warwick from 1993 to 1999, a United States Senator from 1999 to 2007, and the 74th Governor of Rhode Island from 2011 to 2015."

Chafee."
    And he is no libertarian.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=C001040

Name: Lincoln Chafee

Senate: Rhode Island, Republican

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 30%

Score Breakdown:
    20% (109th Congress: 2005-2006); 28% (108th Congress: 2003-2004); 35% (107th Congress: 2001-2002); 31% (106th Congress: 1999-2000)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Chafee."
    Technically speaking, you don't take the title with you after you leave office, although in small gatherings it is acceptable to use the highest title the individual held, even if he/she no longer holds it. Mr Chaffee is the correct way to identify him

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Technically speaking, you don't take the title with you after you leave office, although in small gatherings it is acceptable to use the highest title the individual held, even if he/she no longer holds it. Mr Chaffee is the correct way to identify him
    That may be correct, just saying past practices..."Mr Obama?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That may be correct, just saying past practices..."Mr Obama?"
    Yes, he is now former president Obama.