Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This years beef

Have ya'll lined up your yearly beef purchase and butcher?

$1.24lb today.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got a quarter of it coming next week from a local rancher.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Have ya'll lined up your yearly beef purchase and butcher?

$1.24lb today.
    Wow! That price is amazing! The cheapest I could find around here is $3.39lb.

(My cousin is a butcher in my home town... when I was there, I could stock the freezer for cheap. It pays to have good connections.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Wow! That price is amazing! The cheapest I could find around here is $3.39lb.

(My cousin is a butcher in my home town... when I was there, I could stock the freezer for cheap. It pays to have good connections.)
    That's live weight today, $124.00 per 100 weight. My local butcher charges fifty cents a pound hanging weight plus a $30.00 kill/hang fee and he keeps the hide. That includes hang and packing fees using vacuum sealed plastic.

The old packer I used for years retired, they used 2 layers of heavy butcher paper which I like much better than plastic. Modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I got a quarter of it coming next week from a local rancher.
    How many are you feeding?

Son and I (teenager) don't quite finish a half but we'd be hurting if we only got a 1/4.

The guy I buy from does market price for the whole animal, plus a dime if you only get a 1/2, twenty cents if a 1/4 that's because he's left trying to sell the rest of the animal. It pays for me to market to my friends/family and neighbors in order to keep out costs down and make it easier on my buddy who raises 'em.

Here's some Boogity-boogity;

Here's some Boogity-boogity;
    Well, I have plenty of fish and fowl here on the lake, but nothing beats cow. What's the timing for your order? Around here, they're 3-4 weeks out, but it's getting longer.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

How many are you feeding?

Son and I (teenager) don't quite finish a half but we'd be hurting if we only got a 1/4.

The guy I buy from does market price for the whole animal, plus a dime if you only get a 1/2, twenty cents if a 1/4 that's because he's left trying to sell the rest of the animal. It pays for me to market to my friends/family and neighbors in order to keep out costs down and make it easier on my buddy who raises 'em.
    Two of us for the most part. I say a quarter, but they throw in a lot of other things, and lots of bones to make bone broth. Most of the time we have four of us buying a quarter each, then they have a few that buy a half and others that buy a whole. I am just fortunate enough to know them so they add extras that other people do not want.

We just had a friend drop off some deer meat that was processed by a butcher.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just shook hands on $1.10 lb live weight grain fed Herford steer guaranteed over 1200# to be delivered end of August.

All you beef-eaters beware of lone star tick bites, lest you end up with the same problem that now afflicts a friend of mine who can no longer eat beef because of it.

https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/alpha-gal/...factsheet.html

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $2.85 lb aged/wrapped and in the freezer.

1/2 = 350lb

Friend just got a 1/4 . Were basically just going to use it for seme cook outs.
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12