Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Trump Wants to Undermine Apple's Encryption

  1. #1

    Trump Wants to Undermine Apple's Encryption

    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Here i thought he was trying to encourage apple to develop methods to decrypt stuff because that would give the country an advantage against our adversaries. I didnt even consider he was telling them to install a back door.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Here i thought he was trying to encourage apple into developing ways to decrypt stuff because that would give the country an advantage against our adversaries. I didnt even consider he was telling them to install a back door.
    Once again, you'd be wrong. Apple cares more about your freedom than Trump does. Trump is a liberal who believes in using the force of government against us.

    Personally, I found this pretty amusing since it happened right after Lev Parnas agreed to unlock and hand over his phone.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Once again, you'd be wrong. Apple cares more about your freedom than Trump does. Trump is a liberal who believes in using the force of government against us.

    Personally, I found this pretty amusing since it happened right after Lev Parnas agreed to unlock and hand over his phone.
    If you were commander and chief who would you call on for this Sarah Lee? Apple routinely pays their engineers to crack into their stuff its how they make it more secure. If apple were to crack their stuff they would just be able to make a more secure phone. Maybe he thinks apple should do this not only because it will help their brand by making an even more secure device but because it is their patriotic duty. Apple probably just wants a fat government check so they can make taxpayers subsidize their hardware development and brand.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Once again, you'd be wrong. Apple cares more about your freedom than Trump does. Trump is a liberal who believes in using the force of government against us.

    Personally, I found this pretty amusing since it happened right after Lev Parnas agreed to unlock and hand over his phone.
    That is why Apple is in China using slave labor, right?

    Not to mention the privacy concerns with Apple moving it's iCloud to mainland China.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If you were commander and chief who would you call on for this Sarah Lee? Apple routinely pays their engineers to crack into their stuff its how they make it more secure. If apple were to crack their stuff they would just be able to make a more secure phone. Maybe he thinks apple should do this not only because it will help their brand by making an even more secure device but because it is their patriotic duty. Apple probably just wants a fat government check so they can make taxpayers subsidize their hardware development and brand.


    Apple is in the middle of an expensive lawsuit, where the federal government is suing them to ensure the federal government always has access unfettered access to your data. Trump's positions are always about what's best for Trump.

    PS It's Commander-In- Chief, chicken hawk.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-15-2020 at 11:15 AM.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That is why Apple is in China using slave labor, right?

    Not to mention the privacy concerns with Apple moving it's iCloud to mainland China.
    Slave labor? The Trumptards are now on Ron Paul Forums arguing for minimum wage laws and against personal privacy because Trump?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Slave labor? The Trumptards are now on Ron Paul Forums arguing for minimum wage laws and against personal privacy because Trump?
    LOL, you don't even know what slave labor is, and you are trying to lecture us about science?

    I don't know if apple uses slave labor in that sense or not, but China certainly does.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL, you don't even know what slave labor is...

    .
    You're now a proponent of minimum wage laws, then?

    I don't know if apple uses slave labor in that sense or not, but China certainly does.
    Getting Trump to unlock iPhones is your proposed solution for this ''humanitarian crisis?''
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-15-2020 at 11:56 AM.

  12. #10
    I never use my phone for criminal activities , I use Dankes .
    Do something Danke

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You're now a proponent of minimum wage laws, then?
    No, but I am also against slavery.

    Are you trying to say that those who were against slavery in the United States in the early 1800s were all proponents of minimum wage laws?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Slave labor? The Trumptards are now on Ron Paul Forums arguing for minimum wage laws and against personal privacy because Trump?
    Personal privacy doesn't exist anymore. This whole thing is an advertisement for apple so they can say their phone is uncrackable. You better believe other governments are cracking the iphone so they can root into them and steal their technology. Trump just won a major battle with China over forced technology transfer and IP theft.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL, you don't even know what slave labor is, and you are trying to lecture us about science?

    I don't know if apple uses slave labor in that sense or not, but China certainly does.
    Wait until they implement the social credit scores here like they do in China.

    https://www.cnet.com/news/china-turn...rate-citizens/
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Wait until they implement the social credit scores here like they do in China.

    https://www.cnet.com/news/china-turn...rate-citizens/
    On the plus side iPhone users will have a higher score compared to Android users by 10% on average. Buy Apple!

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, but I am also against slavery.
    Everybody is against slavery. This topic is about Trump's Justice Department trying to force Apple into giving the government unfettered access to iPhones.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Slave labor? The Trumptards are now on Ron Paul Forums arguing for minimum wage laws and against personal privacy because Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Everybody is against slavery. This topic is about Trump's Justice Department trying to force Apple into giving the government unfettered access to iPhones.
    ..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Personal privacy doesn't exist anymore.
    Privacy is coughing up blood, but it's not dead yet. If it had been declared dead, Trump wouldn't be suing Apple to force them into giving his administration access to iPhones.

    This whole thing is an advertisement for apple so they can say their phone is uncrackable. .
    You think Apple paid Trump to tweet this? The FTC has regulations about that, you know.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Privacy is coughing up blood, but it's not dead yet. If it had been declared dead, Trump wouldn't be suing Apple to force them into giving his administration access to iPhones.



    You think Apple paid Trump to tweet this? The FTC has regulations about that, you know.
    Im shocked that you would suggest the government would help a big corporation remain competitive against foreign competition. Its impossible to think that would happen. Apple doesn't benefit at all by getting the government to pretend their phone is uncrackable on main stream media outlets. Its not at all better than any advertising they could buy commercially.

  22. #19

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ..
    1 Thread about Trump trying to use government to force Apple into handing over the code that keeps government out of our phone.

    2. Donna screeches something about China, slave labor and cloud storage.

    3. I ask if Donna thinks there should be minimum wage laws, because she's conflating low wages with slavery.

    4. Nickers says personal privacy is already dead, and besides, this is just a clever marketing ploy.

    4. Dannno leaps in with something about vaccines, slave labor, and more China.

    5. Donna screeches something about social capital.


    Come on, orange koolaid drinkers - answer the $#@!ing question -Do you agree with Trump, that the government should have unfettered access to your phones because you might be a terrorist or a drug dealer?

    Bonus points if you can show me anywhere Ron Paul agrees with that position.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    1 Thread about Trump trying to use government to force Apple into handing over the code that keeps government out of our phone.

    2. Donna screeches something about China, slave labor and cloud storage.

    3. I ask if Donna thinks there should be minimum wage laws, because she's conflating low wages with slavery.

    4. Nickers says personal privacy is already dead, and besides, this is just a clever marketing ploy.

    4. Dannno leaps in with something about vaccines, slave labor, and more China.

    5. Donna screeches something about social capital.


    Come on, orange koolaid drinkers - answer the $#@!ing question -Do you agree with Trump, that the government should have unfettered access to your phones because you might be a terrorist or a drug dealer?

    Bonus points if you can show me anywhere Ron Paul agrees with that position.
    LOL Trump is the best at marketing.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Wait until they implement the social credit scores here like they do in China.

    https://www.cnet.com/news/china-turn...rate-citizens/
    There is no reason to think that the content of your text messaging wouldn't be a component of that score. There's also no reason to think Trump wouldn't support such a plan. Because it would hep them locate the kiddie diddlers, the drug dealers and the terrorists, right?

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    3. I ask if Donna thinks there should be minimum wage laws, because she's conflating low wages with slavery.
    No, she isn't.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There is no reason to think that the content of your text messaging wouldn't be a component of that score. There's also no reason to think Trump wouldn't support such a plan. Because it would hep them locate the kiddie diddlers, the drug dealers and the terrorists, right?
    They get all of that from the data. They own all the data on the cloud. If they say there isn't a backdoor thats a lie.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ..



    https://www.wired.com/story/age-of-social-credit/
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  30. #26

    Exclamation A New World Order Coming into View ~GHW Bushbot Trumpkins

    Big Brother is Watching You.



    You will be assimilated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Big Brother is Watching You.



    You will be assimilated.
    Seems a significant number of us have already been assimilated. Assassinations are peace, Private is public.

  32. #28

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, but I am also against slavery.

    Are you trying to say that those who were against slavery in the United States in the early 1800s were all proponents of minimum wage laws?
    Cash Register libertarians love slave labor as long as it is a foreign government enslaving others and fencing the goods to them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    1 Thread about Trump trying to use government to force Apple into handing over the code that keeps government out of our phone.

    2. Donna screeches something about China, slave labor and cloud storage.

    3. I ask if Donna thinks there should be minimum wage laws, because she's conflating low wages with slavery.

    4. Nickers says personal privacy is already dead, and besides, this is just a clever marketing ploy.

    4. Dannno leaps in with something about vaccines, slave labor, and more China.

    5. Donna screeches something about social capital.


    Come on, orange koolaid drinkers - answer the $#@!ing question -Do you agree with Trump, that the government should have unfettered access to your phones because you might be a terrorist or a drug dealer?

    Bonus points if you can show me anywhere Ron Paul agrees with that position.
    That's not what Trump said.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



Similar Threads

  1. Massie: I Stand with Apple in Protecting Encryption
    By presence in forum Thomas Massie Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Rand Paul on APPLE / FBI and Encryption
    By presence in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 04:22 PM
  3. Justin Amash Defends Apple On Encryption
    By tsai3904 in forum Justin Amash Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM
  4. The Latest Argument Against Apple's New Encryption: It's for Perverts
    By aGameOfThrones in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •