View Poll Results: IOWA 2o20.... who wins in three weeks, and why do they win?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steyer (tv ads)

1 25.00%
  • Bloomberg (a mayor!)

0 0%
  • POTUS DJT (despite his trial)

1 25.00%
  • Mike Pence (space force veep)

1 25.00%
  • a Democrat (yup, its a tight election)

1 25.00%
  • we all loose (john galt is not running)

4 100.00%
  • a third party contender (somehow)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Iowa 2o20, in 3 weeks.... who wins? and... WHY DO THEY WIN?

Iowa 2o20, in 3 weeks.... who wins? and... WHY DO THEY WIN?

this is the billionaire's poll.... i was talking about.
    i'm breaking the field down, sorta. in my own way.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is "winning" in Iowa being simply top three? like how a ticket pays out at a racetrack? If so, its a horse race!

Is winning in Iowa being 1st or 2nd and not 3rd because N.H, S.C and FL were the next hurdles in the past, usually?

Is winning in Iowa actually the process of getting the media coverage for a much longer campaign? Maybe it is.

Does being 1st or 2nd on either side of this really hand one the fall election which often has 50/50 odds???
    i doubt there is to be a big landslide in November. 1948, 1960, 1968, 2000, 2012 and 2016 spring to mind.

Trump could sweep IOWA, be put on trial, emerge from the trial with nearly all the GOP senators voting for him,
    and then after what is like a revamp of his 2016 campaign, loose to one of the top THREE Democrats in 3 weeks.

Lol, didn’t you predict Trump would not be elected President, and after he did, predict the “Russian collusion” and Mueller report will bring him down, and then predict he will be kicked out of office so that Mitt Romney or someone would be elected? Your opinions and your predictions don’t seem to matter much.

My vote for your poll is “Trump, and thus, the American people”, but you don’t have that option so I will pass.
    Last edited by TER; 01-15-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Lol, didn’t you predict Trump would not be elected President, and after he did, predict the “Russian collusion” and Mueller report will bring him down, and then predict he will be kicked out of office so that Mitt Romney or someone would be elected? Your opinions and your predictions don’t seem to matter much.

My vote for your poll is “Trump, and thus, the American people”, but you don’t have that option so I will pass.
    you could vote in my other poll. too. i had a option more to your liking. i think Trump looses even if he wins, the victory is pyrrhic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    you could vote in my other poll. too. i had a option more to your liking. i think Trump looses even if he wins, the victory is pyrrhic.
    POTUS Donald John Trump is my ....... POTUS DJT ..... option. i did him the honor of being like JFK or RMN, who debated each other in 1960

Lol, I’ll skip your surveys. Thanks.
    +

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VEEP Mike Pence gains over time, either way. If Trump is impeached and convicted, Mike Pence becomes
    a fundie version of JERRY FORD in that he could try to pardon DJT and/or the folks around him. If the GOP
    takes its cues from Senator Rand Paul, and landslides for Trump in all upcoming 2o20 caucuses & primaries,
    i think this gives Pence an edge over his rivals in 2o24 and 2028. The trial may have its "blowback" factor.

Aratus doesn't like drinking alone.

Hunter S Thompson drank rum as he wrote the Rum Diaries, he was known for not holding back.
    I usually drink coffee the way he once drank rum. I am not into Irish coffee, just coffee. Enuff said.

Hunter S Thompson drank rum as he wrote the Rum Diaries, he was known for not holding back.
    I usually drink coffee the way he once drank rum. I am not into Irish coffee, just coffee. Enuff said.
    Don't forget that drove Hunter to put a bullet in his head. Lol.

I just say that because sometimes I get wrapped up in my work. My wife will tell me step away. I will point out that Robert E. Howard in his prolific stage was writing 5,000 words a day for months. My wife then reminds me that he also died at 30 years old of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

Granted, I won't end like that, but it is a good lesson to choose heroes wisely. Coffee over rum might be a good start.

i am a fan of ST:VOYAGER's Capt'n Janeway.... i'd explore a nebula to see if my replicators could find the ingredients for coffee in it!

Question Comeback Utah/M$#@! Revival 2020

Utah M$#@! Mitt will win as a write in, due to Bill Weld promising to be his VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

the bottle of Coors Lite is standing next to the metaphoric bottle of Coors. YES, MITT does not drink BOOZE ever! But i like my analogy.

only recently in Utah did they let a beer with a slight buzz on it to be sold. DJT just did a BIG tariff on beer & wine from the E.U...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mike Pence is a DS establishment mole who Trump used in order to ensure he got elected and he was told to play nice or get swept up in the storm we are watching unfold. He will never be elected President. Count on that.
    +

Mike Pence is a DS establishment mole who Trump used in order to ensure he got elected and he was told to play nice or get swept up in the storm we are watching unfold. He will never be elected President. Count on that.
    He was trying to sound presidential during the rally in WI, but Trump took 30 minutes to show up after Pence finished his speech. That's true.

only recently in Utah did they let a beer with a slight buzz on it to be sold. DJT just did a BIG tariff on beer & wine from the E.U...
    This concludes today's Aratus thread dump. 50 new messages in 5 hrs. Next visit not expected until after 1/17/2020. Enjoy the site in the meantime!

The senators were sworn in, the trial has started, the coverage will be unavoidable & ongoing, as the Iowa caucus nears.

I intend to make comments on a regular basis each day, until we see the final vote. I might even write a book on it all...
    Last edited by Aratus; 01-16-2020 at 09:28 PM. Reason: WE ALL LOOSE (John Galt is not running) ---- has the most votes