Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem debate 1/14 in Iowa (on CNN)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dem debate 1/14 in Iowa (on CNN)

Last debate before the start of the primaries. This is the official thread.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bernie sounding pretty good on foreign policy, talking about how we were lied into the Vietnam War, lied into the Iraq War, and now we are being lied into a war with Iran. Probably won some votes there.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Bernie sounding pretty good on foreign policy, talking about how we were lied into the Vietnam War, lied into the Iraq War, and now we are being lied into a war with Iran. Probably won some votes there.
    He's going to WIN because of this. Like Obama did to Hillary.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) battled over the decision to authorize military action in Iraq, pitting two leading contenders against one another minutes into a pivotal debate in Des Moines on Thursday night just weeks before the Iowa caucuses.

Sanders has hammered Biden for voting to authorize military action in 2002 and describing it as “the worst foreign policy blunder in U.S. history.”

“Joe and I listened to what Cheney and Bush and Rumsfeld said, and I thought they were lying,” Sanders said. “I did what I could to end that war, but Joe saw it differently.”

Biden has acknowledged that voting for the Iraq War but argued that the Bush administration lied about its intent and said that when he became former President Obama’s top deputy, he did what he could to bring troops home quickly.

“It was a mistake and I acknowledged that, but the man who argued against the war, Barack Obama, picked me to be vice president … and turned to me and asked me to end the war,” Biden said.

“It was a mistaken vote but my record on everything else we’ve done, I’ll compare it to anyone else on this stage.”

Foreign policy is in the spotlight amid heightened tensions with Iran.

Sanders, who leads in the most recent Des Moines Register survey of Iowa, has made the case that he’s been the party’s leading voice on withdrawing the U.S. from foreign conflicts.

Biden’s vote for authorization has been a drag on his campaign, but he has made the case that he has the most foreign policy experience in the field and established relationships with world leaders.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-on-iraq-vote

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.
    Crush him? He won MI by 10k votes, WI by 25k votes. And that was against crooked Hillary.

Crush him? He won MI by 10k votes, WI by 25k votes. And that was against crooked Hillary.
    He will do even better against a raving communist like Bernie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Only because they make Trump appear half baked as opposed to fully baked.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

agreed... so do y'all think Iowa shall narrow the field of six down to the more likely THREE?
    Bernie S in the beginning still had his 2o16 grassroots. on the GOP side, its bad form to do a
    challenge to a sitting GOP potus. i had hopes for a bigger field & at least a string of debates.

Is Ex-GOVERNOR MARK SANFORD of S.C as close as we all can get to AYN RAND's version of an ObJECTiVI$T JOHN GALT candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Is Ex-GOVERNOR MARK SANFORD of S.C as close as we all can get to AYN RAND's version of an ObJECTiVI$T JOHN GALT candidate?
    Interesting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

As Governor, he attempted to reject $700 million in stimulus funds for South Carolina from the federal Recovery Act passed in 2009;[2] however, the South Carolina Supreme Court ruled that only the state legislature—and not the governor—had the authority to accept or decline the stimulus funds.

While in Congress, Sanford was recognized as its most fiscally conservative member by the Cato Institute. He was also recognized by Citizens Against Government Waste, as well as the National Tax Payers Union, for his efforts to rein in government spending and reduce the national deficit.[14] He garnered a lifetime rating of 92 from the American Conservative Union.[15]
    He was known for voting against bills that otherwise received unanimous support.[16] For example, he voted against a bill that preserved sites linked to the Underground Railroad.[17] He voted against pork barrel projects even when they benefited his own district; in 1997, he voted against a defense appropriations bill that included funds for Charleston's harbor. Seeing himself as a "citizen-legislator", he did not run for reelection in 2000, in keeping with a promise to serve only three terms in the House.[16]

Sanford 2020

https://www.marksanford.com/

On the issues:

https://www.marksanford.com/issues/
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-15-2020 at 08:50 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

www.marksanford.com (yes, it really looks like he suspended his campaign last november)

in 2012 we saw Rick Santorum edge past Mitt Romney by 34 votes, with Doctor Ron Paul being a close 3rd at 26,ooo+
    ...to be followed by three other candidates after a big gap of 10,ooo votes. Odds are Donald John Trump will win Iowa
    as the SENATE IMPEACHMENT TRIAL cloisters several of his Senatorial rivals to lil ole D.C on weekdays. Bill WELD has
    more than ample time to do a string of "McKinley handshakes" if he desires. The trial will let leading Democrats get on
    camera from time to time as it restricts the way they can travel about. This alone changes the deeper equation at play.

"American's are starving, our job is to rebuild the United Nations." - Bernie Sanders.

How to watch tonight's Democratic presidential debate

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/polit...ocratic-debate

How can I watch it?

The debate will air exclusively on CNN, CNN en Espańol, CNN International and CNN Airport Network and will stream live in its entirety, without requiring log-in to a cable provider, exclusively to CNN.com's homepage, across mobile devices via CNN's apps for iOS and Android, and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV. The debate will also air live at DesMoinesRegister.com and Democrats.org, and can be heard on CNN's SiriusXM XChannels and the Westwood One Radio Network.

Just like in 2016 Bernie is Trump’s only threat. On the plus side, if Sanders wins the nomination and the choice is between Trump and Bernie, the Bloomberg’s of the world might actually move to Canada, Britain, or Israel.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Just like in 2016 Bernie is Trump’s only threat. On the plus side, if Sanders wins the nomination and the choice is between Trump and Bernie, the Bloomberg’s of the world might actually move to Canada, Britain, or Israel.
    Hillary helped Trump win!

Meh. Tulsi wasn't there so who gives a crap?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ought i to use BILL WELD as a yardstick??? He'd be a blue moon fluke if he "trumps" DONNIE J. TRUMP on the GOP side
    of the big equation. If i do up a poll, on this, will y'all vote & say if any of the six can smuck Weld in November of 2o20?

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    "American's are starving, our job is to rebuild the United Nations." - Bernie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They need to vote harder
    He will do even better against a raving communist like Bernie.
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    He can't really move to the center now. His whole platform is about not compromising on his far left platform and raising taxes to pay for it.
    He won't play down the communism.
    And Trump can play the anti-war card too.
    You are deluded and im' not going to argue with you because you refuse to listen
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Has anyone ever walked away from their platform in order to get their parties nomination and retained support from their base?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    There is no anti-war platform anymore. Just lip service about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Only because they make Trump appear half baked as opposed to fully baked.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Hillary helped Trump win!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Meh. Tulsi wasn't there so who gives a crap?
    Ought i to use BILL WELD as a yardstick??? He'd be a blue moon fluke if he "trumps" DONNIE J. TRUMP on the GOP side
    of the big equation. If i do up a poll, on this, will y'all vote & say if any of the six can smuck Weld in November of 2o20?
    DID TOM STEYER's ONGOING TV AD CAMPAIGN BUY HIM A PLACE WITH THE OTHER FIVE? DID THOSE ADS WORK?????

yes... duckies.... yes. WHERE IS JOHN GALT? lets face it, Bill Weld ain't no John Galt and neither is Donald Trump.

Paul's Revere has a really neat "sig" line that asks a most literate & rhetorical question! In light of any and all upcoming GOP debates.

Anything to be said about what Tom Steyer did last nite? Yes.... Iowa looms in 3 months. Is there any way someone
    other than the 6 we just saw can pull off an upset? Or even end up in third place? CNN just helped to limit the choices.

Anything to be said about what Tom Steyer did last nite? Yes.... Iowa looms in 3 months. Is there any way someone
    other than the 6 we just saw can pull off an upset? Or even end up in third place? CNN just helped to limit the choices.
    DOES BEING AN ACTUAL BILLIONAIRE OR A NEAR BILLIONAIRE LET YOU HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN TODAY's FATCAT MADHOUSE SWEEPSTAKES.
    DOCTOR RON PAUL WAS DAMN FRUGAL WHEN HE RAN. TOM STEYER=LEFT/CENTER, BLOOMBERG=MODERATE/CENTER, DJT=CENTER/RIGHT.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again, i ask if ANY of the current top six we just saw have the potential to smuck nice Mister Bill Weld?
    (assuming a total fluke of a black swan event happens!) He is a Romney~ite by way of mentorship up here.

Lightbulb Weld/Napolitano 2020

Once again, i ask if ANY of the current top six we just saw have the potential to smuck nice Mister Bill Weld?
    (assuming a total fluke of a black swan event happens!) He is a Romney~ite by way of mentorship up here.
    Bill Weld is Mittens on steroids.

Weld/Napolitano 2020
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Bill Weld is Mittens on steroids.

Weld/Napolitano 2020
    The swamp dream ticket.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Didn't even know there was another debate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Tucker shows how CNN feeds the cult members their preferred candidate.

Last edited by Mach; 01-16-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    FJB

CNN didn't necessarily want Bernie Sanders campaign to drop in the debate. Elizabeth Warren's campaign was dying and they didn't want her voters to vote for Bernie Sanders because he is probably their second choice. These people are sneaky snakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast