Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 46

Thread: Dem debate 1/14 in Iowa (on CNN)

  1. #1

    Dem debate 1/14 in Iowa (on CNN)

    Last debate before the start of the primaries. This is the official thread.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Bernie sounding pretty good on foreign policy, talking about how we were lied into the Vietnam War, lied into the Iraq War, and now we are being lied into a war with Iran. Probably won some votes there.

  4. #3
    "American's are starving, our job is to rebuild the United Nations." - Bernie Sanders.

  5. #4

    How to watch tonight's Democratic presidential debate

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/polit...ocratic-debate

    How can I watch it?

    The debate will air exclusively on CNN, CNN en Español, CNN International and CNN Airport Network and will stream live in its entirety, without requiring log-in to a cable provider, exclusively to CNN.com's homepage, across mobile devices via CNN's apps for iOS and Android, and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV. The debate will also air live at DesMoinesRegister.com and Democrats.org, and can be heard on CNN's SiriusXM XChannels and the Westwood One Radio Network.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Bernie sounding pretty good on foreign policy, talking about how we were lied into the Vietnam War, lied into the Iraq War, and now we are being lied into a war with Iran. Probably won some votes there.
    He's going to WIN because of this. Like Obama did to Hillary.

    Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) battled over the decision to authorize military action in Iraq, pitting two leading contenders against one another minutes into a pivotal debate in Des Moines on Thursday night just weeks before the Iowa caucuses.

    Sanders has hammered Biden for voting to authorize military action in 2002 and describing it as “the worst foreign policy blunder in U.S. history.”

    “Joe and I listened to what Cheney and Bush and Rumsfeld said, and I thought they were lying,” Sanders said. “I did what I could to end that war, but Joe saw it differently.”

    Biden has acknowledged that voting for the Iraq War but argued that the Bush administration lied about its intent and said that when he became former President Obama’s top deputy, he did what he could to bring troops home quickly.

    “It was a mistake and I acknowledged that, but the man who argued against the war, Barack Obama, picked me to be vice president … and turned to me and asked me to end the war,” Biden said.

    “It was a mistaken vote but my record on everything else we’ve done, I’ll compare it to anyone else on this stage.”

    Foreign policy is in the spotlight amid heightened tensions with Iran.

    Sanders, who leads in the most recent Des Moines Register survey of Iowa, has made the case that he’s been the party’s leading voice on withdrawing the U.S. from foreign conflicts.

    Biden’s vote for authorization has been a drag on his campaign, but he has made the case that he has the most foreign policy experience in the field and established relationships with world leaders.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-on-iraq-vote

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He's going to WIN because of this. Like Obama did to Hillary.



    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-on-iraq-vote
    He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.
    Crush him? He won MI by 10k votes, WI by 25k votes. And that was against crooked Hillary.

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Crush him? He won MI by 10k votes, WI by 25k votes. And that was against crooked Hillary.
    He will do even better against a raving communist like Bernie.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He will do even better against a raving communist like Bernie.
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    He can't really move to the center now. His whole platform is about not compromising on his far left platform and raising taxes to pay for it.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    He won't play down the communism.
    And Trump can play the anti-war card too.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He won't play down the communism.
    And Trump can play the anti-war card too.
    You are deluded and im' not going to argue with you because you refuse to listen

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You are deluded and im' not going to argue with you because you refuse to listen

  17. #15
    Just like in 2016 Bernie is Trump’s only threat. On the plus side, if Sanders wins the nomination and the choice is between Trump and Bernie, the Bloomberg’s of the world might actually move to Canada, Britain, or Israel.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You are deluded and im' not going to argue with you because you refuse to listen
    Has anyone ever walked away from their platform in order to get their parties nomination and retained support from their base?



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    There is no anti-war platform anymore. Just lip service about it.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.
    Only because they make Trump appear half baked as opposed to fully baked.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    All Commies are warmongers.

    Mao
    Stalin
    Pot
    Che
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Just like in 2016 Bernie is Trump’s only threat. On the plus side, if Sanders wins the nomination and the choice is between Trump and Bernie, the Bloomberg’s of the world might actually move to Canada, Britain, or Israel.
    Hillary helped Trump win!

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Last debate before the start of the primaries. This is the official thread.
    Meh. Tulsi wasn't there so who gives a crap?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  25. #22
    Anything to be said about what Tom Steyer did last nite? Yes.... Iowa looms in 3 months. Is there any way someone
    other than the 6 we just saw can pull off an upset? Or even end up in third place? CNN just helped to limit the choices.

  26. #23
    Ought i to use BILL WELD as a yardstick??? He'd be a blue moon fluke if he "trumps" DONNIE J. TRUMP on the GOP side
    of the big equation. If i do up a poll, on this, will y'all vote & say if any of the six can smuck Weld in November of 2o20?

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Last debate before the start of the primaries. This is the official thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    "American's are starving, our job is to rebuild the United Nations." - Bernie Sanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He's going to WIN because of this. Like Obama did to Hillary.



    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-on-iraq-vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's going to be cheated out of the nomination again and Trump will crush any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Crush him? He won MI by 10k votes, WI by 25k votes. And that was against crooked Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They need to vote harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He will do even better against a raving communist like Bernie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not when that communist runs on an antiwar platform and plays down his commie policy
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He can't really move to the center now. His whole platform is about not compromising on his far left platform and raising taxes to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He won't play down the communism.
    And Trump can play the anti-war card too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You are deluded and im' not going to argue with you because you refuse to listen
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Just like in 2016 Bernie is Trump’s only threat. On the plus side, if Sanders wins the nomination and the choice is between Trump and Bernie, the Bloomberg’s of the world might actually move to Canada, Britain, or Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Has anyone ever walked away from their platform in order to get their parties nomination and retained support from their base?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    There is no anti-war platform anymore. Just lip service about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Only because they make Trump appear half baked as opposed to fully baked.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Hillary helped Trump win!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Meh. Tulsi wasn't there so who gives a crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Ought i to use BILL WELD as a yardstick??? He'd be a blue moon fluke if he "trumps" DONNIE J. TRUMP on the GOP side
    of the big equation. If i do up a poll, on this, will y'all vote & say if any of the six can smuck Weld in November of 2o20?
    DID TOM STEYER's ONGOING TV AD CAMPAIGN BUY HIM A PLACE WITH THE OTHER FIVE? DID THOSE ADS WORK?????



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Anything to be said about what Tom Steyer did last nite? Yes.... Iowa looms in 3 months. Is there any way someone
    other than the 6 we just saw can pull off an upset? Or even end up in third place? CNN just helped to limit the choices.
    DOES BEING AN ACTUAL BILLIONAIRE OR A NEAR BILLIONAIRE LET YOU HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN TODAY's FATCAT MADHOUSE SWEEPSTAKES.
    DOCTOR RON PAUL WAS DAMN FRUGAL WHEN HE RAN. TOM STEYER=LEFT/CENTER, BLOOMBERG=MODERATE/CENTER, DJT=CENTER/RIGHT.

  30. #26
    yes... duckies.... yes. WHERE IS JOHN GALT? lets face it, Bill Weld ain't no John Galt and neither is Donald Trump.

  31. #27
    Paul's Revere has a really neat "sig" line that asks a most literate & rhetorical question! In light of any and all upcoming GOP debates.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Bernie sounding pretty good on foreign policy, talking about how we were lied into the Vietnam War, lied into the Iraq War, and now we are being lied into a war with Iran. Probably won some votes there.


    agreed... so do y'all think Iowa shall narrow the field of six down to the more likely THREE?
    Bernie S in the beginning still had his 2o16 grassroots. on the GOP side, its bad form to do a
    challenge to a sitting GOP potus. i had hopes for a bigger field & at least a string of debates.

  33. #29
    Once again, i ask if ANY of the current top six we just saw have the potential to smuck nice Mister Bill Weld?
    (assuming a total fluke of a black swan event happens!) He is a Romney~ite by way of mentorship up here.

  34. #30
    Is Ex-GOVERNOR MARK SANFORD of S.C as close as we all can get to AYN RAND's version of an ObJECTiVI$T JOHN GALT candidate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
  2. Iowa Debate and Iowa Straw Poll Grassroots Game Plan
    By JoshLowry in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
  3. Audio(s) Posted: RP Iowa Debate Highlights/FOX Post Debate
    By goldenequity in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •