Thread: Demand For Gold Coins and Bars At Perth Mint Surge To 3 Year High

Demand For Gold Coins and Bars At Perth Mint Surge To 3 Year High

The Perth Mint's gold product sales in December rose 45% from the previous month and to their highest in more than three years, the refiner said.

Sales of gold coins and minted bars in December climbed to 78,912 ounces - their highest since October 2016, and surged about 170% from the same month last year, the mint said in a blog post.

Meanwhile, silver sales in December were at 1,361,723 ounces, rising 32.5% from November and about 97% from a year ago.

Benchmark spot gold prices XAU= rose 3.6% in December, registering its biggest monthly gain since August, while silver prices gained 4.8%. GOL/

The Perth Mint refines more than 90% of newly mined gold in Australia, the world's second-largest gold producer after China.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-...ge-3-year-high

@oyarde time to stock up on koala's and kangeroo's!
    Last edited by Warlord; 01-14-2020 at 12:15 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Post US Mint sales down

US Mint sales are down overall. They're charging too high a premium on both gold and silver, and getting undercut by Australia, Canada, South Africa and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    US Mint sales are down overall. They're charging too high a premium on both gold and silver, and getting undercut by Australia, Canada, South Africa and others.
    I stick to Krugerands, 1% premium i can get them at though that is dealers choice. My last one was from 1977. That's why they're very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

I sold a customer an American Gold Buffalo .9999 one ounce today for 50.00 over spot ( 1593.00) after I showed him the mint is still selling 2019's on the site for 1920.00.The US Mint is all $#@!ed up.
    Do something Danke