Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Up to 10 GOP senators consider bucking Trump on War Powers

  1. #1

    Exclamation Up to 10 GOP senators consider bucking Trump on War Powers

    As many as 10 Republican senators are considering bucking President Trump on a resolution that would limit his ability to take military action against Iran.

    The increasing number is the latest sign of growing GOP frustration over the Trump administration’s justification for the drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

    Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) is circulating a bipartisan resolution that would direct Trump to remove U.S. forces from any hostilities against Iran within 30 days of its enactment.

    GOP Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Rand Paul (Ky.) have already voiced their support for the measure, and Kaine says about eight more Republicans, including Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Todd Young (Ind.) and Mitt Romney (Utah), are reviewing it.

    “Probably about 10,” Kaine said when asked about the number of Republicans who could vote to rein in Trump’s powers. “There’s good discussion going on.”

    Lee said several Republicans are carefully weighing whether to back the measure, adding that it “would not be unreasonable to say that there might be a group of 10 who should be considered potential candidates to vote for it.”

    Democrats can force a vote on the measure at any time, but Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Monday said a vote will happen later in the week.

    Schumer wants to make sure his entire caucus is present, increasing the odds that a vote would be held sometime after Tuesday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Iowa.

    It needs only a simple majority to pass.

    If it passes the Senate, the House would also need to pass the resolution before it can be sent to the White House, where Trump would be expected to veto it.

    Lee said fellow Republicans should view the Kaine-sponsored resolution as a “completely noncontroversial measure” that restates the Constitution’s declaration that Congress shall have sole power to declare war.

    He said it merely spells out that “additional hostilities against Iran need to be authorized by Congress.”

    “That is a perfectly unremarkable statement,” Lee added. “The fact that this would be objectionable to anyone in either political party is really saying something.”

    Republican senators are suggesting changes to Kaine’s resolutions, which the Democratic senator says can be offered as amendments on the Senate floor.

    “I want to make sure that anything I vote on makes clear that the president maintains his Article II prerogatives and also that it does not contain any political content,” Young told reporters Monday, referring to Trump’s constitutional power to respond to attacks or imminent threats.

    Kaine has agreed to accept Republican amendments that remove specific reference to Trump or might be construed as forcing the withdrawal of U.S. troops from areas where Iranian proxies are present.

    Senate Republicans have been leery to criticize Trump publicly or to oppose him on highly political, high-profile votes.

    GOP lawmakers, however, have shown more willingness to defy Trump when it comes to preserving Congress’s powers, particularly when it comes to declarations of war and appropriations.

    Seven Senate Republicans voted in March to direct Trump to withdraw U.S. forces from supporting a Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen’s civil war, a resolution that Trump later vetoed and Congress failed to override.

    Eleven GOP senators voted with Democrats in September to terminate a national emergency declaration Trump used to justify shifting military funds to construction of the border wall without congressional consent. Twelve GOP senators voted for a similar resolution in March.

    Senators in both parties say a briefing by senior administration officials last week failed to provide a clear legal justification for the U.S. drone strike that killed Soleimani.

    The murky legal arguments put forth by the administration come on top of an evolving story about whether U.S. personnel in the Middle East faced an imminent threat from Soleimani, as Trump claimed last week when he said Iran and its allies “were looking to blow up our embassy.”

    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday also asserted “an imminent threat,” adding the intelligence included “attacks on U.S. embassies.” He declined to define what exactly he meant by imminent.

    Defense Secretary Mark Esper over the weekend told CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he “didn’t see” a “specific piece of evidence” that Soleimani was masterminding an attack on as many as four U.S. embassies.

    The president pulled back from his initial claim on Monday by arguing that “it doesn’t really matter” whether there was an imminent threat against U.S. personnel and that the strike against Soleimani was justified “because of his horrible past.”

    U.S. forces in the region were on high alert after the strike, and Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei vowed “forceful revenge” against the United States.

    Retaliation came in the form of 16 missiles fired by Iran at two Iraqi bases housing U.S. personnel, causing damage but resulting in no casualties.

    Iran then sent word to the Trump administration through Swiss intermediaries that it would not seek to further escalate hostilities.

    “Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned and a very good thing for the world,” Trump said Wednesday as lawmakers in both parties breathed a sigh of relief.

    But Schumer and other Democrats warned on Monday that Iran could still retaliate.

    “Iran can strike us in other ways in the months ahead, through cyber warfare, proxies or established terror networks that have destabilized the Middle East for decades,” Schumer said, adding that Khamenei warned the retaliatory missile strike was just “one slap.”

    “The Senate must not allow the president to proceed unchecked. Sen. Kaine’s war powers resolution is needed now more than ever,” Schumer argued.

    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) took to the Senate floor Monday afternoon to argue that Trump’s order against Soleimani was justified.

    He pointed to protests within Iran against the government over the unintentional downing of a Ukrainian airliner, which some Democrats have suggested was caused by heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran.

    “Thousands of Iranians have taken to the streets to celebrate Soleimani’s death, condemn the regime’s domestic repression, call for regime change in Tehran,” McConnell said.

    “I look forward to hearing my colleagues who want to quibble over the word ‘imminent’ explain just how close we should let terrorists come to killing more Americans before we defend ourselves,” he added. “I assure you, if the president had not acted to disrupt a deadly attack, I’m confident these same critics would have blasted him for failing to protect American lives.”
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-on-war-powers



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    It's pretty obvious what kind of conclusion Romney is going to come to.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It's pretty obvious what kind of conclusion Romney is going to come to.
    Todd Young (Ind.) is turning into a decent Senator.

  5. #4
    Will this be only applied to the dictators they do not agree with?

  6. #5
    Todd Young is now supporting it! We need one more..

    Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) said on Tuesday that he will support a revised resolution that would rein in President Trump’s ability to take military action against Iran without congressional approval.

    Young said he was supportive of what he called “Kaine 2.0,” referring to a revised war powers resolution authored by Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.).

    “I will be supporting, shall we call it, Kaine 2.0., the newer Kaine language, should I have an opportunity to vote on it,” Young told reporters.

    Young is the third Republican senator to say he will support the resolution. Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) have both said they will support it.

    Democrats need four Republican senators to break with them to pass the resolution, which would require Trump to end hostilities against Iran within 30 days unless he gets Congress to sign off on them.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ers-resolution

  7. #6
    Just need Mitt Romney to do the right thing, or Susan Collins.
    #

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Will this be only applied to the dictators they do not agree with?
    Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't kow tow to any dictators.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  9. #8
    Yesss! We have 51 votes This will be a nice rebuke to the bully in the White House.

    Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) on Tuesday said he has majority support for his resolution aimed at reining in President Trump’s war powers against Iran after making changes to win Republican votes.

    “I’ve got 51 declared votes on version two,” Kaine told reporters, adding there are “more considering getting on board.”

    Republican Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) previously announced support for Kaine’s resolution. Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) also said Tuesday he supported the amended version of Kaine’s measure.


    Kaine said the fourth Republican vote would come from Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine). With every Democrat expected to support the measure, four Republican votes give it the simple majority needed to pass.

    In a procedural hurdle, though, Young said he wouldn’t vote for a motion to proceed on Kaine’s original resolution — which Kaine can force a vote on this week and then could have amended on the floor to the second version.

    But Kaine said he is not likely to force a vote on the original resolution.

    “I’m not likely to force a vote on Kaine one because I’ve got the votes on Kaine two and not on Kaine one,” he said. “And I do think there’s something virtuous about bringing up the bipartisan version.”

    That means Kaine will have to wait to force the vote until the second version ripens, which is 10 days after he introduced it last Thursday. That means Jan. 21 is the earliest Democrats can force a vote on the measure.

    That’s the same day the Senate is expected to begin its impeachment trial of Trump. Kaine said it was possible there will be an agreement to consider the resolution before then, but also said he expects to be able to conduct the trial and consider the war powers resolution simultaneously.

    “It’s widely understood that we will be doing other stuff during impeachment,” Kaine said. “The nice thing is [Senate Majority] Leader [Mitch] McConnell [R-Ky.] and [Sen. John] Cornyn [R-Texas] and [Senate Minority Leader Charles] Schumer [D-N.Y.] have also said we’re going to be taking up the Kaine war powers resolution soon.”

    Kaine’s changes include removing two paragraphs in the "findings" section that directly mention Trump over concerns from Republicans and some Democrats that it was too political.

    Kaine has also said he was working in some of the language from a House-passed war powers resolution into his, specifically changing his wording about removing troops to the lower chamber's use of “termination of the use of U.S. armed forces” in hostilities against Iran after some colleagues raised concerns that “removing” suggested a pullback of U.S. troops from the region.
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...ers-resolution



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yesss! We have 51 votes This will be a nice rebuke to the bully in the White House.



    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...ers-resolution
    Rand is not rebuking Trump, he is helping Trump get the Democrats onboard to finally get some legislation passed.

    Trump would love nothing more than to tell the neocons the troops have to come home because congress said so, and if they want something to change they will have to take it up with congress.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Rand is not rebuking Trump, he is helping Trump get the Democrats onboard to finally get some legislation passed.

    Trump would love nothing more than to tell the neocons the troops have to come home because congress said so, and if they want something to change they will have to take it up with congress.
    He's going to veto it but the message will be clear. Should get a lot of media coverage.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He's going to veto it but the message will be clear. Should get a lot of media coverage.
    The message will be clear? That the establishment, CNN and Democrats wants peace, and Trump wants war?

    Are you insane? That is the establishment narrative, that is nowhere near reality.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The message will be clear? That the establishment, CNN and Democrats wants peace, and Trump wants war?

    Are you insane? That is the establishment narrative, that is nowhere near reality.
    When he veto's it the Democrats will paint Trump as a pro-war idiot. Mark my words

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    When he veto's it the Democrats will paint Trump as a pro-war idiot. Mark my words
    They can do what they want, but Trump just got us into a situation where Iran is looking for peaceful relations with the US for the first time since I was born.

    The entire time, they were running around like chicken little with their heads cut off screaming that WW3 was about to happen.. which, if anything, is the attitude that caused all those people on the plane to die, and could have caused many more serious problems.

    Those war mongers can go $#@! themselves.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  16. #14
    Meanwhile Democrats are out there 24/7 defending some guy who killed and tortured over 1,600 Iranians protesting their government. $#@!ing pathetic.



    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...56280933273600


    ^^That is what a freedom fighter sounds like.

    People around here, supporting some monster who killed and tortured over 1,600 of their own citizens protesting their government.. $#@!ing pathetic.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    They can do what they want, but Trump just got us into a situation where Iran is looking for peaceful relations with the US for the first time since I was born.

    The entire time, they were running around like chicken little with their heads cut off screaming that WW3 was about to happen.. which, if anything, is the attitude that caused all those people on the plane to die, and could have caused many more serious problems.

    Those war mongers can go $#@! themselves.
    you were clearly born a few weeks ago

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    you were clearly born a few weeks ago
    Nope, a few decades ago.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    you were clearly born a few weeks ago
    Why don't you defend the guy who killed 1,600 peaceful Iranian protesters for protesting their government? Don't you want to be cool? Don't you want to hate Trump?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't kow tow to any dictators.
    Agreed. My question is if it is passed, will it be changed next time a different president is in office?

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why don't you defend the guy who killed 1,600 peaceful Iranian protesters for protesting their government? Don't you want to be cool? Don't you want to hate Trump?
    You defending a Manchild who killed a Iranian general based on the same Intel community that have known to lie in the past and now your accusing the guy by claiming that he killed American backed protesters at a university?

    When your dear leader Trump is doing a regime change in Iran its ok! but it WAS wrong for Obama do it to Libya but ok for Trump to support a regime change which is favored by the NeoCons your side is defending?

    Sounds like your dear leader is using the middle east and Iran as a deflection and distraction from problems at home...... Nothing else then that.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why don't you defend the guy who killed 1,600 peaceful Iranian protesters for protesting their government? Don't you want to be cool? Don't you want to hate Trump?
    Not wanting to engage in military operations against another country =/= defending everything their leaders do. Most people don't blindly defend one person above all reason and evidence. Most people, besides you, that is.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Not wanting to engage in military operations against another country =/= defending everything their leaders do. Most people don't blindly defend one person above all reason and evidence. Most people, besides you, that is.
    First these Trump supporters blame the Iranian general was somehow responsible for theses things.
    -The deaths of 600 American soldiers although not really proven or shown provided evidence whatever Iran or the general that was killed was somehow behind it. For all we know it could have being the MEK behind it..

    The MEK had in the past indeed killed American soldiers.
    -Trump supporters and Sean Hannity are now blaming the Iranian general and Iran on whatever happened in Libya's benghazi with the death of the American amb although again no evidence is provided to this matter.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    You defending a Manchild who killed a Iranian general based on the same Intel community that have known to lie in the past and now your accusing the guy by claiming that he killed American backed protesters at a university?

    When your dear leader Trump is doing a regime change in Iran its ok! but it WAS wrong for Obama do it to Libya but ok for Trump to support a regime change which is favored by the NeoCons your side is defending?

    Sounds like your dear leader is using the middle east and Iran as a deflection and distraction from problems at home...... Nothing else then that.
    Uh, no you have it completely wrong.

    Iran being against a dude in their regime who was torturing and killing thousands of their own peaceful protesters is a good thing. When that same guy has killed hundreds of Americans, and we happen to take him out, and the people rise up against their government that is a good thing too.

    When we go in and topple a dictator who has done thing to us in order to replace them with a deep state stooge, that is wrong. I don't support that. I support Iran making their own choices.

    Turns out they are happy with us taking out one of their deep state stooge Generals who was killing their own people.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Not wanting to engage in military operations against another country =/= defending everything their leaders do. Most people don't blindly defend one person above all reason and evidence. Most people, besides you, that is.
    Ok, so you don't want to engage personally. That is understandable. I'm probably even be in the same boat with you on that one. Are upset that a guy who killed and tortured over 1,600 Iranian citizens peacefully protesting their government was killed? Because I'm not. At all.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    First these Trump supporters blame the Iranian general was somehow responsible for theses things.
    -The deaths of 600 American soldiers although not really proven or shown provided evidence whatever Iran or the general that was killed was somehow behind it. For all we know it could have being the MEK behind it..

    The MEK had in the past indeed killed American soldiers.
    -Trump supporters and Sean Hannity are now blaming the Iranian general and Iran on whatever happened in Libya's benghazi with the death of the American amb although again no evidence is provided to this matter.
    Indeed. People in the Trump administration tried to connect Soleimani to Benghazi and even to 9/11. Their "imminent attack on embassies" justification for the strike fell apart within 2 weeks. That's how you know they are all liars who need to be ousted by any means.

    Anyways, people like dannno are absolutely clueless about these issues, and will sling mud continuously regardless of whether it sticks or not. There is more than one $#@!in general at a time in Iran. Soleimani was more in charge of foreign relations/coordination with other countries & armies/militias in the region. There are plenty of other generals and political officials that are in charge of the response to the protests in the streets.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ok, so you don't want to engage personally. That is understandable. I'm probably even be in the same boat with you on that one. Are upset that a guy who killed and tortured over 1,600 Iranian citizens peacefully protesting their government was killed? Because I'm not. At all.
    you type this dumb $#@! as if he personally shot all the guns himself and killed and tortured everybody in Iran who was killed and tortured. Do you know who qassem soleimani was? He was the commander of the QUDS FORCE. The QUDS FORCE is responsible for extraterritorial operations of the Iranian military. NOT domestic. Jesus. Other generals and political officials have far more to do with the response to the protests on the streets than qasem soleimani did.

  30. #26
    And you can stop posting this "peaceful protest" dumb $#@!

    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-takeyh-071432

    As of 2 months ago they were burning down everything in sight. That doesn't mean they don't have a good reason to be angry. That doesn't mean Iran's government response is justified. But these protests are NOT "peaceful."

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Uh, no you have it completely wrong.

    Iran being against a dude in their regime who was torturing and killing thousands of their own peaceful protesters is a good thing. When that same guy has killed hundreds of Americans, and we happen to take him out, and the people rise up against their government that is a good thing too.

    When we go in and topple a dictator who has done thing to us in order to replace them with a deep state stooge, that is wrong. I don't support that. I support Iran making their own choices.

    Turns out they are happy with us taking out one of their deep state stooge Generals who was killing their own people.
    You are clueless, this Iranian general worked with the Russians in Syria agaisnt American/Saudi Proxy Jihadists and ISIS. And your saying Iran is happy about their general being dead who was a threat to the Saudis proxies and ISIS forces?? and peaceful protesters? in what is rioting any way peaceful?

    Remember the regime change in Kiev? how were those any peaceful protestors? when in fact these protesters were clearly being ordered by someone above them to commit violent crimes?

    I have being analyzing these protests for quite a while now if they are peaceful protests why arent there any protests calling for regime change in Qatar for how workers are being treated to build the 2020,2021 world cup stadiums? many of those workers are migrants and foreign.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 01-14-2020 at 04:11 PM.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    And you can stop posting this "peaceful protest" dumb $#@!

    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-takeyh-071432

    As of 2 months ago they were burning down everything in sight. That doesn't mean they don't have a good reason to be angry. That doesn't mean Iran's government response is justified. But these protests are NOT "peaceful."
    Indeed lets not forget how would President Trump to antifa protests in the same manner as Iran as? after all i have seen that Trump supporters do consider them rioters then protesters so i hope they understand the difference between protesters and rioters.

    They arent the same, any nation has a right to self defense agaisnt rioters whatever its a Euporean Country or not. You are justified to use force to bring law and stability if these rioters refuse to stand down.

    Rioters do not care about stability just chaos.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Indeed lets not forget how would President Trump to antifa protests in the same manner as Iran as? after all i have seen that Trump supporters do consider them rioters then protesters so i hope they understand the difference between protesters and rioters.

    They arent the same, any nation has a right to self defense agaisnt rioters whatever its a Euporean Country or not. You are justified to use force to bring law and stability if these rioters refuse to stand down.

    Rioters do not care about stability just chaos.
    The "Law and Order" crowd have never been consistent. They apply the law and order only when it suits their current narrative.

  34. #30
    And don't forget, dannno was the main defender of that nazi kid who plowed into those protesters cuz "he feared for his life and property." Certainly, by dannno's logic, if we consider all the damage to private and public property of Iran, maybe their government should start plowing down protesters in big armored vehicles. (I obviously wouldn't support this, just demonstrating dannno's retarded hypocrisy)



Similar Threads

  1. Tim Kaine wants trump to have more war powers
    By undergroundrr in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 03:23 AM
  2. Tx governor bucking a bit
    By tod evans in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2016, 10:27 AM
  3. WSJ: Thomas Massie is comfortable bucking the establishment
    By tsai3904 in forum Thomas Massie Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2015, 11:23 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
  5. Republican senators press president on War Powers deadline
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •