Thread: The War Vet, the Dating Site, and the Phone Call From Hell

Exclamation The War Vet, the Dating Site, and the Phone Call From Hell

Good god...

The War Vet, the Dating Site, and the Phone Call From Hell

https://www.wired.com/story/the-phon...ies_Sections_1

Jared Johns found out too late that swapping messages with the pretty girl from a dating site would mean serious trouble. If only he had known who she really was.

It really wasn't much of an exchange. Jared Johns had met a young woman on a dating site, swapped messages, and sent her a photo of himself in a baseball cap. She'd responded with one of herself, lying down in a lacy bra. Jared grinned as he typed out a message on his iPhone's scuffed screen.

“I'm a us army veteran I'm a father of two.. 3 if you count my dog,” Jared wrote. “I just got out of a relationship with my youngest sons mother and I'm looking for friends to hang out and chat with and maybe more later.”

“Sound interesting well I'm originally from Myrtle Beach and now live in Greenville with my parents. I'll be 18 in a few weeks,” replied the girl.

They swapped a few more messages; she asked Jared how old he was and he told her he was 24. Then he pocketed his phone and got on with his day. That brief conversation turned out to be the worst mistake of Jared's life.

(Much more at link, worth the read, too much to copypasta.)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poor, naive guy. Let that be a lesson. Scams and blackmail are always a part of the internet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I know of a story of a retired Sergeant Major, who was single and went on dating sites. He went on a date with what the profile said was a 22 year old woman and turned out to be a 17 year old girl on multiple occasions and the relationship turned intimate. He was convicted even though she was both willing and on an adult dating site. How these kids are allowed to get a credit card to go on adult dating sites is beyond me.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Well, thanks a lot for pissing me off to no end.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just goes to show that you always gotta be careful when using dating sites.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Just goes to show that you always gotta be careful when using dating sites.
    I would not use them at all if I was one of you young guys .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would not use them at all if I was one of you young guys .
    I don't use them at all either. I find them to be a complete waste of time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I don't use them at all either. I find them to be a complete waste of time.
    You also aren’t getting laid tho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You also aren’t getting laid tho
    Neither is the guy in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How these kids are allowed to get a credit card to go on adult dating sites is beyond me.
    I don't know if this applies, but you don't need to be 18 to open a checking account and get the Visa Debit card that comes with them.

I know of a story of a retired Sergeant Major, who was single and went on dating sites. He went on a date with what the profile said was a 22 year old woman and turned out to be a 17 year old girl on multiple occasions and the relationship turned intimate. He was convicted even though she was both willing and on an adult dating site. How these kids are allowed to get a credit card to go on adult dating sites is beyond me.
    The rest of the story is there was no 18 y/o kid at all.

You don't need a credit card to get on most dating sites. The free service is enough for most people to match and make contact with each other. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You don't need a credit card to get on most dating sites. The free service is enough for most people to match and make contact with each other. FYI
    To use tinder, you must use AFs favor webservice, facebook.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    To use tinder, you must use AFs favor webservice, facebook.
    How about bumble, plenty of fish, coffee meets bagel?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    How about bumble, plenty of fish, coffee meets bagel?
    Turns out the app (3), tinder, bumble and coffee meets bagel all used to require facebook, but now none of them do.

Pretty sure plenty of fish never has, pretty sure it was around before facebook.

Just stay the $#@! away from social media....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wasn't expecting this story to go the way it did.
    Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I wasn't expecting this story to go the way it did.
    Horrible.
    Neither was I...

Poor sap. He should have known something was up when the "police detective" said that maybe the parents would be willing to "work something out." In cases like this it's not up to the parents whether or not to press charges.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.