Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Brags About Serving Up American Troops to Saudi Arabia for Nothing More Than Cash

Trump Brags About Serving Up American Troops to Saudi Arabia for Nothing More Than Cash

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...r-cash-936623/

During President Donald Trump’s interview with Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Friday, the president spoke about his positive relationship with Saudi Arabia, including how the country is paying to use American troops. Conservative Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.), who until recently was a Republican, responded to Trump’s remarks in a tweet, saying, “He sells troops.”

Saudi Arabia is paying us for [our troops]. We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia,” Trump said. “I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1 billion in the bank.

Trump continued, talking about U.S. troops as, essentially, mercenaries. “We are going to help them, but these rich countries have to pay for it. South Korea gave us $500 million… I said, ‘You gotta help us along. We have 32,000 soldiers in South Korea protecting you from North Korea. You’ve gotta pay.'”

Amash has been a vocal critic of the president and voted in favor of impeachment. He has made this criticism of Trump before. On Meet the Press in October, Amash said Trump’s use of the troops has broken his campaign promise to bring them home. “There are people who support the president, who believe things he says, but it’s pretty clear he’s not bringing home the troops. He’s just moving them to other parts of the Middle East,” Amash said.

He added, “He’s moving troops back into Iraq, he’s moving other troops into Saudi Arabia and using our forces almost as mercenaries, paid mercenaries who are going to come in, as long as Saudi Arabia pays us some money, it’s good to go.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! Saudi Arabia. They're the actual biggest sponsors of terrorism.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

As long as we are going to be there we should be compensated.
    It's far better than making the American public pay for it.
    It will also encourage other countries to defend themselves and send us home.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    $#@! Saudi Arabia. They're the actual biggest sponsors of terrorism.
    Along with Israel as well...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    As long as we're going to be there? I'm having a hard time restraining myself on this. As long as we're going to be there? Didn't Orange man run on getting us out of forever war? Didn't Orange man make this a centerpiece of his campaign?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    As long as we're going to be there? I'm having a hard time restraining myself on this. As long as we're going to be there? Didn't Orange man run on getting us out of forever war? Didn't Orange man make this a centerpiece of his campaign?
    He had been bringing our troops home and he will get back to that.
    But he was never going to bring all of them home at once and it's better to be compensated for the ones that are not home yet than to make the American public pay for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But he was never going to bring all of them home at once and it's better to be compensated for the ones that are not home yet than to make the American public pay for it.
    Rudy Trump's lawyer who gave MEK public freedom from being removed as terrorist group is now very happy that Trump is willing to start a regime change in Iran all this time.

But he was never going to bring all of them home at once
    Of course not thats why he left the troops in Syria to take their oil and give it to the terrosits in Syria who had just attacked Aleppo today? its a shame Trump backs the Syrian HTS jihadists in Syria.

What Trump did in the middle east and in Iraq will be his downfall in election you will see.

We protect them. We have soldiers in Saudi Arabia. They don't pay us for anything. -Trump

Believe me, there won't be so much tax necessary as there is right now because we are a whipping post. We are being ripped off by the rest of the world to the tune of trillions, by the way trillions of dollars. I'm not talking about the old word billions. I'm talking about the new word trillion. -Trump

I was watching the other day. You know, we've spent all this money and all those lives in Iraq. They hate us, they hate us, they can't get rid of us fast enough. By the way as soon as they leave you know, as soon as we leave, Iran is going to take over the oil. -Trump

Good luck with it. Run with it. In the old days, when you had wars you win, right? You win, to the victor belong the spoils. When we go to Iraq, we spend a trillion for so far and thousands of lives are lost, right? And not to mention all the poor guys and gals with one arm and no arm and all the pap's, right? We're going to leave, and as sure as you're sitting there, Iran is going to come over, take over not only Iraq but perhaps more importantly to them take over the second biggest oil fields in the world, right? And I like the old system better. -Trump

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...y-april-1-2011

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Political gamesmanship.

If Trump just brings the troops home, he'll be declared a "coward" by the neocons and the MSM. If the Saudi people demand their government stop spending millions of dollars for US Troops and build their own army, the neocons and neolibs can't call out Trump for deserting our "ally".

Don't bother. He keeps repeating the same sh1t over and over.

'We marched right in there, we can march right out.' - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Political gamesmanship.
    34D chess. This $#@!er play them like a fiddle. Pelosi started reading the script and is like WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Don't bother. He keeps repeating the same sh1t over and over.

'We marched right in there, we can march right out.' - Ron Paul
    If it was that easy we could have done it anytime.

No he didn't. He campaigned from both sides of his mouth and some here bought the bridge and ignored half of his statements.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Political gamesmanship.

If Trump just brings the troops home, he'll be declared a "coward" by the neocons and the MSM. If the Saudi people demand their government stop spending millions of dollars for US Troops and build their own army, the neocons and neolibs can't call out Trump for deserting our "ally".
    bottom line...

You have to suck harder. The slurping sound drowns out the noise of the bombs.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

What do you mean, "We"? Are you admitting that you work for his reelection campaign?

Because if Saudi money for troops is going to anyone but Trump campaign headquarters, I'd like to see proof of it.

It looks to me like the man is admitting to sending the armed forces places, at taxpayer expense, for bribes. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-13-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Hillary on Steroids

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What do you mean, "We"? Are you admitting that you work for his reelection campaign?

Because if Saudi money for troops is going to anyone but Trump campaign headquarters, I'd like to see proof of it.

It looks to me like the man is admitting to sending the armed forces places, at taxpayer expense, for bribes. Prove me wrong.
    President Donnell is Hillary on steroids.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Did you see in the Laura Ingram interview Trump bragged about taking Syria's oil even after Laura tried to give him a chance to walk that back? What's laughably is that @Swordsmyth thought that was a good interview.

So now Congress can't even cut off funding to stop a war. We've officially become a nation of pirates (taking Syrian oil) and mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    If it was that easy we could have done it anytime.
    It is that easy. The only rate limiting step is having the right POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Did you see in the Laura Ingram interview Trump bragged about taking Syria's oil even after Laura tried to give him a chance to walk that back? What's laughably is that @Swordsmyth thought that was a good interview.
    Where did I say it was a good interview?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Prove your idiotic charges.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Prove your idiotic charges.
    You see charges--idiotic or otherwise--in that post?

Here's what a charge looks like, for your edification: "You are an idiot.". That was merely an example, of course.

Are you going to give us any reason at all to believe he was talking about the Saudis putting money in the U.S. Treasury, not his bank account (he did mention a bank), for these mercenary services?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-13-2020 at 05:55 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You see charges--idiotic or otherwise--in that post?

Here's what a charge looks like, for your edification: "You are an idiot."
    It looks to me like the man is admitting to sending the armed forces places, at taxpayer expense, for bribes.
    That is a charge.

Try backing it up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That is a charge.

Try backing it up.
    "It looks to me like" an observation. But you can't say jack diddly $#@! without trying to spin it, so I guess we'll charge this lie to that peculiar handicap.

"It looks to me like" an observation. But you can't say jack diddly $#@! without trying to spin it, so I guess we'll charge this lie to that peculiar handicap.
    It is also a charge.

Your spin is weak.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

1. Zippy dumps another piece of trash.
    2. Heated discussion ensues
    3. Zippy is nowhere to be found.
    4. Profit!

I'm not sure if he's referring to the petrodollar recycling scheme (SA buys Treasuries with dollars from oil sales) or if he's saying that the military is nothing more than Hessians now. Needs more context.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Where did I say it was a good interview?
    Well you posted it and only had good things to say about it. But maybe I misread your optimism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast