Thread: Lancet Medical Journal: The Only Way to Stop Racism Is ‘to Eliminate Whiteness All Together’

Exclamation Lancet Medical Journal: The Only Way to Stop Racism Is ‘to Eliminate Whiteness All Together’

The article is there, but behind a paywall...I might register for free to confirm this article, but it doesn't surprise me.

In reality, Boyd concludes, the only real solution “is to eliminate whiteness all together.”
    I wonder what that means..."to eliminate whiteness"?

Does it mean to eliminate "white" political and social culture, which means eliminating things like individual rights and limited government and property rights?

Does it mean to eliminate white people's voices in the public square and government?

Does it mean actual genocide of white people?

Curious minds would like to know.

Lancet: The Only Way to Stop Racism Is ‘to Eliminate Whiteness All Together’

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-all-together/

THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D. 12 Jan 2020

The once prestigious Lancet medical journal has published a bizarre book review asserting that “white Americans continue to mobilise to maintain or extend the exclusive advantages whiteness offers those who can become white.”

The Lancet selected Rhea W. Boyd, a Minority Health Policy Fellow at Harvard’s School of Public Health, to review a 2019 book called Dying of Whiteness by Jonathan Metzl, whose thesis is that “right-wing backlash policies have mortal consequences — even for the white voters they promise to help.”

In his book, Metzl argues that white mortality is up in the United States ever since the 2016 election of Donald Trump, since in order to “maintain an imagined place atop a racial hierarchy,” white Americans who harbor “racial resentment” support policies that seem to limit the freedoms or resources available to non-whites, even though such decisions threaten their own wellbeing as well.

“From expansive gun legislation to broad divestment in government programmes, Metzl characterises white liberties that endanger white lives or imperil white futures as ‘dying of whiteness,’” Boyd observes.

While in her review Boyd fundamentally agrees with Metzl’s contentions, she believes that he is too soft on whites by attributing whites’ self-destructive white political actions to “racial resentment,” which “erases white agency through emotional euphemism.”

“At times, Metzl artfully articulates and historicises the racist origins of white interest in firearm fanaticism and ‘small government’ politics,” Boyd writes. “At others, he turns to ‘racial anxieties,’ racially charged ‘fears,’ or ‘racial resentment’ to describe white people’s political investment in white racial dominance.”

Boyd decries the “common practice” of mis-attributing “white self-destruction and violence to psychological states” or obscuring “the impacts of defending whiteness through emotional euphemisms.”

Drivers of white mortality such as suicide, chronic liver disease, and drug and alcohol poisoning have been described as “diseases of despair,” Boyd notes, while they should be classified as “diseases of disproportionate opportunity (to wield firearms) and access (to prescription opiates).”

The real focus should not be on “mental illness,” “distress,” or “white fragility” underlying increasing white mortality, she contends, but rather on the fundamental “legacy of death in whiteness’s wake.”

It is a mistake — she asserts — to “assert that resentment, despair, or any emotion that arises from being ‘left behind’ accounts for white Americans’ self-destructive actions, violent politics, or declining population health.”

The real population that has been left behind are blacks, she argues, but the difference is that blacks have consistently supported policies that benefit everyone while whites only support policies that benefit themselves.

And so, “despite suffering at every turn of every decade of every century in this nation, generations of Black Americans have sought political reforms that expand electoral participation, increase government protections, and extend public resources beyond their individual or group benefit,” she claims.

Reading between the lines, it seems clear that Boyd believes that the big government policies adopted by the Democrat party benefit the entire population, whereas policies enacted by the GOP only benefit whites.

Thus, she asserts that New Deal politics “forged the greatest advances in social benefits the USA has ever known — from social security and home loan assistance to the administrative precursors to welfare.”

Therefore, “scholars, the media, and the public” have failed to understand “the evolving ways white Americans continue to mobilise to maintain or extend the exclusive advantages whiteness offers those who can become white, even as those advantages place them in increasing proximity to death.”

The simple fact is that “despair isn’t killing white America, the armed defence of whiteness is,” she writes. Thus, death “is the inevitable consequence of the full realisation of structural racism and the exclusive rights and resources it offers those who can become white,” she continues.

Boyd goes on to propose a theory would challenge even the most race-obsessed, in part because it lacks any kind of rational intelligibility.

“For humans to use whiteness to manufacture access and privilege,” Boyd suggests, “they must engineer scarcity and loss. This entanglement between access and scarcity, privilege and loss, means white people’s unearned advantages have always been tethered to a legacy of untold deaths.”

Despite his noble efforts to understand the evils of structural white racism, Boyd suggests, Metzl fails because he anchors it to an emotional foundation, which leads him to conclude that more healthy and self-reflective frameworks of structural whiteness are needed.

In reality, Boyd concludes, the only real solution “is to eliminate whiteness all together.”

The fact that some people think this way is frightening enough. That the Lancet, which once represented serious medical journalism, would decide to publish it points to a devastating deterioration of the institutional academy as reasoned discourse gives way to incoherent ranting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And they wonder why some people are White Nationalists?

Eliminating mankind will eliminate racism and a whole host of other issues. Although the rest of the animal kingdom will pick up where we left off, but without nuclear weapons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I've been a fan of and supporter of Pat Buchanan long before I was one for Ron Paul.

But I never really had ethnicity and culture at the forefront of the reasons why I supported him...yes he made sense and accurately predicted the future in books like Death of The West but I naively figured that everything would work itself out as long as people were free to act on their own.

I realize now, perhaps much too late, what a mistake that was, and that for real, mass grave, genocide might very well lie in the future once whites are fully displaced and rendered powerless second class citizens.

Articles like this and many others have made that overwhelmingly clear.

White people better remove their heads from their asses, quickly.

I wonder what that means..."to eliminate whiteness"?

Does it mean to eliminate "white" political and social culture, which means eliminating things like individual rights and limited government and property rights?

Does it mean to eliminate white people's voices in the public square and government?

Does it mean actual genocide of white people?

Curious minds would like to know.
    I'd say its a combination of all those things.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I'm a cultural nationalist and I intend to stay one but if things get extreme enough we may be forced to fall back on "nature's uniforms".

They want to drive us to become racist in reaction to their racism and we should avoid it but just like with war we could end up forced to respond in kind.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

im waaaAaaayy ahead of u

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the tools of the elite has always been to foment race war in order to divide and conquer the masses. Soros is behind a lot of this stuff.

I think all people are waking up to that they are being propagandized over the race thing and distrust of all things government and MSN is rising.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    One of the tools of the elite has always been to foment race war in order to divide and conquer the masses. Soros is behind a lot of this stuff.
    +Rep

That is exactly what's happening.

If we do not put our differences aside and stop feeding into this type propaganda they will win. This is a dangerous group think, and it strikes right at the heart of individual freedom and liberty.

One percent of general population are psychopaths and 3 to 5 percent of the general population are sociopaths, this is where a lot of this disconnect with humanity stems from. It's a small minority when you think about it, and we should stop believing their rhetoric to keep us divided.

Margaret Sanger was a sociopath who loathed people of color, and she was all for ethnic cleansing.

"We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population..."
    -- Letter to Dr. Clarence J. Gamble, December 10, 1939, p. 2
    https://libex.smith.edu/omeka/...
    https://tfpstudentaction.org/blog/ma...-sanger-quotes

Rodney King was right some many years back..."Can't we all just get along?"
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm a cultural nationalist and I intend to stay one but if things get extreme enough we may be forced to fall back on "nature's uniforms".

They want to drive us to become racist in reaction to their racism and we should avoid it but just like with war we could end up forced to respond in kind.
    I'm not a White Nationalist but I understand why some people become racists.
    Immigration should be shut down. We have a welfare state & its not going away.
    My opposition to immigration is because most immigrants support gun control,higher Taxes,bigger government & they support hate speech laws.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

We get along just fine when we farm our own ground.

Stack us up in cages in the concrete jungle and we're prone to acting like animals.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    We get along just fine when we farm our own ground.

Stack us up in cages in the concrete jungle and we're prone to acting like animals.
    I agree. However, is anyone shinning a light on who lords over those concrete jungles? People have got to get out and say, "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!"

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    It's not; We the psychopaths and sociopaths of the United States... We simply cannot stand on the sidelines anymore, our voice needs to be heard.

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

I agree. However, is anyone shinning a light on who lords over those concrete jungles? People have got to get out and say, "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!"
    Talking won't fix cities or their problems.

If good people are tired of them, cities and their inhabitants, then stop feeding them.

It really is that simple.

It's not; We the psychopaths and sociopaths of the United States... We simply cannot stand on the sidelines anymore, our voice needs to be heard.
    What better way to be "heard" than to stop all interaction?

Shun them and their behaviors like the Amish shun whores and cads.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Talking won't fix cities or their problems.

If good people are tired of them, cities and their inhabitants, then stop feeding them.

It really is that simple.

What better way to be "heard" than to stop all interaction?

Shun them and their behaviors like the Amish shun whores and cads.
    Hmm...great points.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+Rep

That is exactly what's happening.

If we do not put our differences aside and stop feeding into this type propaganda they will win. This is a dangerous group think, and it strikes right at the heart of individual freedom and liberty.

One percent of general population are psychopaths and 3 to 5 percent of the general population are sociopaths, this is where a lot of this disconnect with humanity stems from. It's a small minority when you think about it, and we should stop believing their rhetoric to keep us divided.

Margaret Sanger was a sociopath who loathed people of color, and she was all for ethnic cleansing.
    George Soros is not in control of everything, and to suggest so is ignoring the problem.

No, we can't, nor should we be forced to at the heavy hand of government.

Numerous studies around the world have shown that people are happiest and most productive when they live in small communities of people that look and act and think like themselves, that share the same values and ambitions for the future.

Would you be asking if "we could all just get along" if the invaders and displacers were, instead of using pathos and pity and sheer numbers as weapons, instead were using guns and tanks and artillery to run you off and eliminate you and your posterity?

It's these foolish notions of all peoples singing Kum-Bye-Ya and holding hands that's going to get us all killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    George Soros is not in control of everything, and to suggest so is ignoring the problem.

Numerous studies around the world have shown that people are happiest and most productive when they live in small communities of people that look and act and think like themselves, that share the same values and ambitions for the future.

Would you be asking if "we could all just get along" if the invaders and displacers were, instead of using pathos and pity and sheer numbers as weapons, instead were using guns and tanks and artillery to run you off and eliminate you and your posterity?

It's these foolish notions of all peoples singing Kum-Bye-Ya and holding hands that's going to get us all killed.
    I am not advocating government intervention here, nor am I am saying we should all sit in a circle and hold hands singing Kum-bye-ya. What I am saying is that there has been a systemic psychological agenda to keep we the people divided.

I am not advocating government intervention here, nor am I am saying we should all sit in a circle and hold hands singing Kum-bye-ya. What I am saying is that there has been a systemic psychological agenda to keep we the people divided.
    One can pretty much outline the divide by mapping cities.

Even out in the land of fruits-n-nuts good, normal people exist out in the woods far away from the loons....

Get government and her forced inclusion/diversity and acceptance out of the mix and we the people can sort these issues out in just a few seasons. Of course the cities 'Up Nawth' will be the first to come to heal........Or move to more suitable digs....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

And go back to the chithole town I came from and give up being able to look at these beautiful Asian girls in the city? No way jack.