Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Majority disapproves of the way Trump is handling Iran situation

POLL: Majority disapproves of the way Trump is handling Iran situation

A majority of respondents in a new poll say they disapprove of the way President Trump is handling Iran amid heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Fifty-six percent said they disapprove of Trump’s actions toward Iran, compared to 43 percent who approve, according to the ABC News/Ipsos poll released early Sunday.

Almost nine in ten Republicans – 87 percent – back Trump on Iran, while 90 percent of Democrats do not, ABC News noted.

Fifty-two percent of respondents also said the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in Iraq earlier this month has made the U.S. less safe. One-quarter said the U.S. is more safe and 22 percent said the drone strike hasn’t had much effect one way or the other.

Pollsters also found concerns among Americans about the possibility of a full-scale war with Iran.

Forty-one percent of respondents said they are “somewhat concerned” about war with Iran and 32 percent said they are “very concerned. Twenty percent are “not so concerned” and 7 percent are “not concerned at all.

An overwhelming 94 percent of Democrats and more than half of Republicans – 52 percent – are either “very” or “somewhat” concerned about a new war, according to ABC News.

The poll was conducted after Iran retaliated for the strike that killed Soleimani by firing missiles at Iraqi bases housing U.S. military personnel. No casualties were reported in that attack.

The new poll of 525 adults, conducted between Jan. 10-11, has a margin of error of 4.8 percentage points.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...situation-poll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. A whole 525 adults. That's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wow. A whole 525 adults. That's amazing!

It's a scientific poll...

Make it 526 respondents. I don’t approve at all. No party affiliation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    525 backwards is 525. It's science!

I’ve been a strong supporter of Trump since I voted for him. His handling of Iran which is out of the strongest Neo-con playbook has me turning against him.

Blowing up Solemani looks like checkers to me not chess & the blowback Dr.Paul has talked about for decades is an issue that can’t be swept under table..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Almost nine in ten Republicans – 87 percent – back Trump on Iran
    Just Republicans dont vote in elections. There's also independents and Dems which is why disapproval is 56%

Just Republicans dont vote in elections. There's also independents and Dems which is why disapproval is 56%
    Yeah its really a perfect recipe to get Sanders nominated LOL. The dems are so scared they woke Obama up.

Yeah its really a perfect recipe to get Sanders nominated LOL. The dems are so scared they woke Obama up.
    Sanders is hitting Biden hard on his Iraq war vote. More on that later.

Its almost like democrats don't approve of anything Trump does.
    Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't approve of what Trump is doing with regards to Iran....but I guess they don't count anymore.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Almost nine in ten Republicans – 87 percent – back Trump on Iran
    And a large number of those "republicans" are complete dumbasses who wish Trump would do more against Iran. They want an all out war. Independents are against war with Iran and independents are the ones that will decided 2020. Trump was winning independents over because they think the impeachment is stupid. But he's finally given them a reason to actually support impeachment.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And a large number of those "republicans" are complete dumbasses who wish Trump would do more against Iran. They want an all out war. Independents are against war with Iran and independents are the ones that will decided 2020. Trump was winning independents over because they think the impeachment is stupid. But he's finally given them a reason to actually support impeachment.
    Well its a good thing they approve of him because those are the people that sent him to Washington.

Well its a good thing they approve of him because those are the people that sent him to Washington.
    Majority of the independents who gave Trump the win arent backing him this time around. Independents its who decides the 2020. Not the republicans.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Majority of the independents who gave Trump the win arent backing him this time around. Independents its who decides the 2020. Not the republicans.
    I $#@!ing promise you Trump can't win the election without Republican votes.

I $#@!ing promise you Trump can't win the election without Republican votes.
    Oh sure Republican votes not independents do read it again.
    Michigan will turn blue because Trump hasn't done anything in hat state.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Oh sure Republican votes not independents do read it again.
    You can't vote for him. He surely can't win the election without votes from the people who sent him to Washington.

LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't approve of what Trump is doing with regards to Iran....but I guess they don't count anymore.
    Why would Democrats count? Paul, Amash, and Massie are Democrats infiltrating our Grand party. You're either with Trump or you're against him. #graham #giuliani
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

He needs 100% of them though. 87% of republicans and a minority of independents won't get him re-elected.

He needs 100% of them though. 87% of republicans and a minority of independents won't get him re-elected.
    He'll get 100%. Of the ones that vote. Ain't a single Republican out there gonna vote for Bernie, Warren or Biden.

He'll get 100%. Of the ones that vote. Ain't a single Republican out there gonna vote for Bernie, Warren or Biden.
    Plenty will stay at home or vote LP because Trump has been lousy on spending and foreign policy.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Plenty will stay at home or vote LP because Trump has been lousy on spending and foreign policy.
    You are being naive. Seriously. He'll get every vote given him the last go around. And, given his war against Progressives, pick up quite a few more. This guy was STILL filling stadiums and having overflow in a non-election year.

This is just one issue. No one is a single issue voter in general elections. Especially not independents. Especially when you don't see who they are running against and what he does to appeal and to campaign to the voters who don't approve.

You are being naive. Seriously. He'll get every vote given him the last go around. And, given his war against Progressives, pick up quite a few more. This guy was STILL filling stadiums and having overflow in a non-election year.
    i

He only won narrowly last time in the key states, LP could be a factor and he's pissing off independents with his bullying and foreign interventions.

i

He only won narrowly last time in the key states, LP could be a factor and he's pissing off independents with his bullying and foreign interventions.
    He is going to win their votes when they see the things he is doing for this country. Once you see his platform you will understand.

i

LP votes will consist of what they always do. Nothing of matter. Independents are of one bent or the other and will base their vote accordingly. Just as they always do. Most independents I know care more about the economy than foreign intervention. And the economy is just keeps choogling along.

LP votes will consist of what they always do. Nothing of matter. Independents are of one bent or the other and will base their vote accordingly. Just as they always do. Most independents I know care more about the economy than foreign intervention. And the economy is just keeps choogling along.
    Trump is going to win even democrats over to vote for him. Its going to be a blow out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast