Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60

Thread: Iran says it ‘unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner

  1. #1

    Iran says it ‘unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner

    Iran announced Saturday that its military ‘unintentionally’ shot down a Ukrainian jetliner, killing all 176 aboard. The statement came Saturday morning and blamed “human error” for the shootdown.
    The jetliner, a Boeing 737 operated by Ukrainian International Airlines, went down on the outskirts of Tehran during takeoff just hours after Iran launched a barrage of missiles at U.S. forces.
    Iran had denied for several days that a missile downed the aircraft. But then the U.S. and Canada, citing intelligence, said they believe Iran shot down the aircraft.

    More at: https://apnews.com/21f4a92a2dfbc38581719664bdf6f38e

    Maybe now people will quit trying to make up excuses for them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    "Oops"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Iran announced Saturday that its military ‘unintentionally’ shot down a Ukrainian jetliner, killing all 176 aboard. The statement came Saturday morning and blamed “human error” for the shootdown.
    The jetliner, a Boeing 737 operated by Ukrainian International Airlines, went down on the outskirts of Tehran during takeoff just hours after Iran launched a barrage of missiles at U.S. forces.
    Iran had denied for several days that a missile downed the aircraft. But then the U.S. and Canada, citing intelligence, said they believe Iran shot down the aircraft.

    More at: https://apnews.com/21f4a92a2dfbc38581719664bdf6f38e

    Maybe now people will quit trying to make up excuses for them.
    Making up excuses for what? Being paranoid after we smoked their top general while not in a declared war?
    "The Patriarch"

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But then the U.S. and Canada, citing intelligence, said they believe Iran shot down the aircraft.
    LOL by Canada's "intelligence" they are probably referring to the twitter video that was posted
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Making up excuses for what? Being paranoid after we smoked their top general while not in a declared war?
    Did they pay us?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Making up excuses for what? Being paranoid after we smoked their top general while not in a declared war?
    Some people were trying to deny that Iran shot down the plane.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #7
    An understandable miscalculation... can only take there word at this juncture.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    LOL by Canada's "intelligence" they are probably referring to the twitter video that was posted
    Texican intelligence is still using smoke signals.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Texican intelligence is still using smoke signals.
    What the Ukrainian passenger plane was doing in the air 3 hours after the show?

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What the Ukrainian passenger plane was doing in the air 3 hours after the show?
    One possibility was that it was full of cabal conspirators trying to get away from Iran after Solly was killed and his loyalists were rounded up.
    If that's true then Iran may have shot it down on purpose and that may have been a good thing.

    Ukraine is known for its connections to our deepstate and so is Iran
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One possibility was that it was full of cabal conspirators trying to get away from Iran after Solly was killed and his loyalists were rounded up.
    If that's true then Iran may have shot it down on purpose and that may have been a good thing.

    Ukraine is known for its connections to our deepstate and so is Iran
    So many angry Canadians.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    "Oops"
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    An understandable miscalculation... can only take there word at this juncture.
    Accidents will happen. Can happen to the best of us.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    So many angry Canadians.
    Especially cabal Canadians if that theory is true.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One possibility was that it was full of cabal conspirators trying to get away from Iran after Solly was killed and his loyalists were rounded up.
    If that's true then Iran may have shot it down on purpose and that may have been a good thing.

    Ukraine is known for its connections to our deepstate and so is Iran
    Uh, not likely. Trigger happy AA operators is most likely.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Uh, not likely. Trigger happy AA operators is most likely.
    I didn't say how likely it was.

    But it would explain why the flight took off so soon.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #16

    Exclamation Iran admits it shot down Ukrainian 737, cites "human error"

    Iran Says It ‘Unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner

    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...liner/2198804/

    All 176 people aboard were killed when the American-built jetliner went down in flames on the outskirts of Tehran during takeoff early Wednesday

    By David Koeing • Published 45 mins ago

    Iran announced Saturday that its military “unintentionally” shot down the Ukrainian jetliner that crashed earlier this week, killing all 176 aboard, after the government had repeatedly denied Western accusations that it was responsible.

    The plane was shot down early Wednesday, hours after Iran launched a ballistic missile attack on two military bases housing U.S. troops in Iraq in retaliation for the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in an American airstrike in Baghdad. No one was wounded in the attack on the bases.

    A military statement carried by state media said the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Revolutionary Guard. The military was at its “highest level of readiness," it said, amid the heightened tensions with the United States.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Uh, not likely. Trigger happy AA operators is most likely.
    Would you be interested in a bridge?

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Would you be interested in a bridge?
    SS's pet crow is back. Good move mods.
    "The Patriarch"

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    SS's pet crow is back. Good move mods.
    Do I make you nervous?

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    SS's pet crow is back. Good move mods.
    You are just jealous.

    And if we are going to ask the mods to ban people for little or no reason then maybe I shouldn't have spoken up when it happened to you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #21
    Accidents happen in conflict, its not like America never shut down airliner either. Look at in Ukraine they are still blaming Russia for downing airliner. Although this would have being prevented if the attack on the general didn't happen.

  25. #22
    No different from what happened in 1988 when the American Navy thought they were targeting an Iranian jet fighter. Looks like history is being played here.

  26. #23

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Do you have any proof that terrorists were not on board? -rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Do you have any proof that terrorists were not on board? -rep
    Do children and babies on that plane that America took down count as terrorists? my my someone is war monger happy tonight are ya? maybe you should go back and play Call of Duty?

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Do children and babies on that plane that America took down count as terrorists?
    If America killed them, then by definition they are enemy combatants, if not terrorists.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Vi...Air_Flight_655

    Iran Air Flight 655[edit]
    Main article: Iran Air Flight 655
    On 3 July 1988, Vincennes, under the command of Captain Will Rogers III, was on patrol when it was reported that Iranian Revolutionary Guard gun boats had attacked a Pakistani merchant vessel. Vincennes deployed one of her helicopters to investigate. Shortly thereafter Rogers ordered his ship to move off station 50 miles (80 km) to the north.[3] The destroyer flotilla commander ordered Vincennes to return to her original station. Vincennes's helicopter had followed the Revolutionary Guard gunboats into Iranian waters, and while maintaining contact with the boats, came under gunfire from the Iranians.[4]
    The helicopter crew reported that they had come under fire and with that report, Rogers turned his ship around and, with the frigate Elmer Montgomery, moved to intercept the gunboats. By doing so, Vincennes crossed into Iranian waters herself. As the US ships approached, the Iranian gunboats maneuvered, in what Rogers claimed was a threatening fashion. Rogers requested permission to fire and permission was granted by command, without knowing that Vincennes had crossed into Iranian waters.[4] Vincennes and Elmer Montgomery commenced fire upon the gunboats at 9:43 a.m., scoring several hits on the gunboats, sinking two and damaging another.[5]
    While Vincennes was firing on the Iranian gunboats, confusion reigned aboard the ship as the tracking of aircraft in the area had become muddled, between Vincennes and other U.S. ships, and on Vincennes itself.[5][6] Crucially, Vincennes misidentified an Iran Air Airbus A300 civilian airliner, Iran Air Flight 655, as an attacking F-14 Tomcat fighter aircraft. The Iran Air Flight 655 was climbing at the time, and her IFF transponder was on the Mode III civilian code rather than on the purely military Mode II, as recorded by Vincennes's own shipboard Aegis Combat System. Vincennes fired two radar-guided missiles and shot down the Iranian civilian airliner over Iranian airspace in the Strait of Hormuz, killing all 290 passengers and crew on board.[6]
    The Iranian government has maintained that Vincennes knowingly shot down the civilian aircraft.[7] Iran Air Flight IR655 flew every day out of Bandar Abbas—a civil as well as military airport—on a scheduled passenger flight to Dubai using established air lanes. The Italian navy and another U.S. warship, the frigate Sides, confirmed that the plane was climbing—not diving to attack—at the time of the missile strike. The U.S. radio warnings were only broadcast on 121.5 MHz, not air traffic control frequencies and mistakenly identified the altitude and position of the plane, so the Airbus crew, if they were monitoring "guard," could have misinterpreted the warnings as referring to another aircraft. Captain David Carlson of Sides later said that the destruction of the airliner "marked the horrifying climax to Rogers' aggressiveness".[8]
    Where is John Galt?


    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

  32. #28
    It could happen. The US shot an Iranian aircraft in the 90's and the Russians shot down a Japanese? (maybe Korean) aircraft I think that was in the early 90's or late 80's? Anyway, yeah, this kinda thing happens. Its sad however when your flying near combat or hot zones you never know.
    Where is John Galt?


    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    It could happen. The US shot an Iranian aircraft in the 90's and the Russians shot down a Japanese? (maybe Korean) aircraft I think that was in the early 90's or late 80's? Anyway, yeah, this kinda thing happens. Its sad however when your flying near combat or hot zones you never know.
    Here it is...older than I thought. It was 1983. Russia blasted a Korean 747 out of the sky.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean...nes_Flight_007

    Korean Air Lines Flight 007 (also known as KAL007 and KE007)[note 2] was a scheduled Korean Air Lines flight from New York City to Seoul via Anchorage, Alaska. On 1 September 1983, the South Korean airliner servicing the flight was shot down by a Soviet Su-15 interceptor. The Boeing 747 airliner was en route from Anchorage to Seoul, but deviated from its original planned route and flew through Soviet prohibited airspace about the time of a U.S. aerial reconnaissance mission. The Soviet Air Forces treated the unidentified aircraft as an intruding U.S. spy plane, and destroyed it with air-to-air missiles, after firing warning shots which were likely not seen by the KAL pilots.[2] The Korean airliner eventually crashed in the sea near Moneron Island west of Sakhalin in the Sea of Japan. All 269 passengers and crew aboard were killed, including Larry McDonald, a United States Representative from Georgia. The Soviets found the wreckage under the sea on September 15, and found the flight recorders in October, but this information was kept secret until 1993.
    Where is John Galt?


    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Here it is...older than I thought. It was 1983. Russia blasted a Korean 747 out of the sky.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean...nes_Flight_007

    Korean Air Lines Flight 007 (also known as KAL007 and KE007)[note 2] was a scheduled Korean Air Lines flight from New York City to Seoul via Anchorage, Alaska. On 1 September 1983, the South Korean airliner servicing the flight was shot down by a Soviet Su-15 interceptor. The Boeing 747 airliner was en route from Anchorage to Seoul, but deviated from its original planned route and flew through Soviet prohibited airspace about the time of a U.S. aerial reconnaissance mission. The Soviet Air Forces treated the unidentified aircraft as an intruding U.S. spy plane, and destroyed it with air-to-air missiles, after firing warning shots which were likely not seen by the KAL pilots.[2] The Korean airliner eventually crashed in the sea near Moneron Island west of Sakhalin in the Sea of Japan. All 269 passengers and crew aboard were killed, including Larry McDonald, a United States Representative from Georgia. The Soviets found the wreckage under the sea on September 15, and found the flight recorders in October, but this information was kept secret until 1993.
    That was no accident, Larry McDonald was head of the John Birch Society and Speaker of the House.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-10-2020, 02:48 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2018, 04:26 PM
  3. Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
    By juleswin in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
  4. Jetliner prompts U.S. Capitol evacuation
    By doodle in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 03:36 PM
  5. No survivors in Russian jetliner crash
    By JosephTheLibertarian in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •