Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia lawmakers ban guns at state Capitol

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Many Americans are ignorant or in denial about what the Demoncrat party has become, if they wake up we could see a giant political shift in the right direction.
    Yeah, we've been seeing some democrats at these BOS meetings saying "I voted Democrat all my life. NO MORE." So, you have to think those are just the few brave that stood up and said something. Perhaps there are more.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry.

POTUS will make sure that you get due process.

Well, of course....

After we take the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I suspect, you are suspected, of many crimes
    Convicted of a few.

Accused of more than I've done.

Even been punished for crimes I never committed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

No surprise from the Progressive bench.

Judge upholds Virginia governor's Capitol gun ban

RICHMOND, Va. — A judge on Thursday upheld a ban on firearms at a pro-gun rally scheduled for next week in Virginia, rejecting a request from gun-rights groups who had sued to overturn it.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League and Gunowners of America had filed a lawsuit Thursday seeking an injunction against the ban, which Gov. Ralph Northam had imposed on a rally scheduled to take place Monday on the grounds of the Virginia Capitol.

The judge’s ruling came hours after the FBI announced the arrest of three alleged white supremacists in Maryland, two of whom authorities said had built an assault rifle using several parts and purchased large quantities of ammunition.

David Browne, an attorney for the gun-rights groups, argued that prohibiting rallygoers from carrying guns would violate their Second Amendment right to bear arms and their First Amendment right to free speech. Browne said carrying guns is a form of symbolic speech.

Virginia’s solicitor general, Toby Heytens argued that the governor was well within his authority to declare the state of emergency and ban weapons after law enforcement identified “credible evidence” that armed out-of-state groups planned to come to Virginia with the possible intention of participating in a “violent insurrection.”
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...n-upheld-judg/

Lot's of talk of a false flag operation in the works there.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lot's of talk of a false flag operation in the works there.
    Illegal Alien from Canada Allegedly Planned Attack at Virginia Gun Rally

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2020...nia-gun-rally/

KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ 16 Jan 2020

Three men who reportedly have ties to a neo-Nazi group and had allegedly discussed attacking a Virginia gun rally next week were arrested and charged with breaking federal gun and immigration laws on Thursday.

Of those arrested, one of the detained was Patrik Mathews, a former reservist in the Canadian Army who U.S. officials say entered the country illegally after Canada kicked him out of the service over his suspected ties to white supremacist groups, ABC News reported.

The CBC reported that while in the force, Mathews worked as a combat engineer and had basic explosives training while serving with the Winnipeg-based 38 Canadian Brigade.

The other two arrested were American citizens — Brian Mark Lemley and William Garfield Bilbrough IV — but what the three of them had in common is that they all had suspected ties to the white supremacist group The Base, according to a federal criminal complaint filed in Maryland District Court.

Prosecutors say Mathews entered the U.S. illegally in August 2019 and was sheltered by Lemley and Bilbrough while they lived in Maryland until they moved to Delaware in November that same year.

“Within The Base’s encrypted chat rooms, members have discussed, among other things, recruitment, creating a white ethno-state, committing acts of violence against minority communities, the organization’s military-style training camps, and ways to make improvised explosive devices,” the complaint stated.

The FBI arrested the three men under suspicion that they were planning to travel to the rally to begin “a possible race war,” the New York Times reported.

The three men are expected to make their first court appearance Thursday afternoon in Maryland.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

FAQs: What you need to know for Va. ‘Lobby Day’ gun rights rally

Monday, Jan. 20, is traditionally known as “Lobby Day” in Virginia’s capital.
    And this year, with Gov. Ralph Northam and a Democratic majority set to roll out tighter gun-safety legislation, gun-rights proponents plan to turn out in numbers around the Capitol to press their case against it. (Read more about those proposals in WTOP’s FAQ.)
    Tens of thousands are expected to show up for the event Monday in Richmond.
    Given the contentious nature of the issue, the prospect of such a large event has raised tensions. Earlier, Northam declared a state of emergency. And recent arrests have further raised those tensions.
    Here’s what you need to know.
    Who is organizing this?

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, which insists the rally is a “peaceful event about gun rights.”
    The league has advocated for what are called “Second Amendment sanctuary” resolutions in over 130 counties and municipalities around the commonwealth. Though such measures carry no legal weight, they are still a defiant gesture against tighter legislation.
    Where/when will it be?

Monday morning around the Capitol grounds (see below for a map of the area).

According to the league, participants should meet at 8 a.m. at 10th and Bank streets. Lobbying “teams” will be formed and will enter the nearby Pocahontas Building with a “team leader” to meet with state legislators in their offices.
    A rally follows at 11 a.m. and is scheduled to wrap up at noon.
    Gun-safety advocates have planned a vigil hours later, at 2 p.m., near the Bell Tower on the grounds.
    Why the state of emergency?

“Credible threats of violence surrounding the event, along with white nationalist rhetoric and plans by out-of-state militia groups to attend,” per a statement issued by Northam’s office Wednesday.
    The executive order declaring the state of emergency contends that “a substantial number of these demonstrators are expected to come from outside the commonwealth, may be armed, and have as their purpose not peaceful assembly but violence, rioting, and insurrection.”
    The arrest Thursday of a Canadian national and two Maryland residents reinforced those concerns — nearly three years after white supremacists descended on Charlottesville and clashed with counterprotesters.
    The three men arrested are reportedly members of a white supremacist network called The Base, which the Counter Extremism Project calls “an accelerationist group” that encourages anarchy so it can “impose order from chaos.” The network distributes “manuals for lone-wolf terror attacks, bomb-making, counter-surveillance, and guerrilla warfare.”
    What does the declaration mean?

Firearms and other weapons have been banned from the Capitol grounds. The ban began at 5 p.m. Friday and remains in effect until 5 p.m. Tuesday.
    Banned items include …
    Sticks, torches, poles, bats, shields, helmets, caustic substances (i.e. pepper spray), hazardous materials, scissors, razor blades, needles, toy guns, toy weapons, fireworks, glass bottles, laser pointers, aerosol containers, baseballs, softballs, UAVs/drones, or any item that can inflict bodily harm that is visible …
    The VCDL and another group, the Gunowners of America, sought an injunction against the firearms ban, but a judge upheld it. The case is on appeal.
    What other safety measures will be in place?

Several streets will be closed around the area.
    In addition, access to Capitol Square will be limited to one secure entrance at Ninth and Grace streets. Metal detectors will be used. Also, three exits have been designated along Ninth and Bank streets. (Click below to enlarge.)

Virginia State Police, the Richmond Police Department and Capitol Police say they’ll be coordinating throughout the day to ensure a safe event.
    Follow @VACapitol2020 for the latest safety information for Lobby Day.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/01/fa...-rights-rally/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah. The local Antifa is showing up in SUPPORT of the 2A. They stated they believe gun laws are racist in nature and will place prohibitions on on minorities and the poor that will keep them from being able to defend themselves.

And I say they are correct. And I say good on 'em.

Just remember, an enemy of an enemy can make a good temporary ally. But, never let them deceive you into thinking you are friends.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Massie, chair of the 2A caucus in Congress talks about sanctuary counties and other issues:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...82#post6912082

Yeah. The local Antifa is showing up in SUPPORT of the 2A. They stated they believe gun laws are racist in nature and will place prohibitions on on minorities and the poor that will keep them from being able to defend themselves.

Just remember, an enemy of an enemy can make a good temporary ally. But, never let them deceive you into thinking you are friends.
    Exactly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You're right, of course...but it rankles me.

My message to AntiFa on this:

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're right, of course...but it rankles me.

My message to AntiFa on this:

Which is correct.

They could very well start violence unnecessarily to give the state an excuse for a crackdown.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Virginia: Crisis “Actors” Sought Ahead Of Northam’s Lobby Day Trap

Without fail, as you look back at the false flag shootings in America or other mass shootings, there are scheduled “mass shooting training” that takes place either just prior to or on the very day of the attack. Additionally, many reports have documented where government has sought “crisis actors” in what it calls “training” ahead of these very attacks. With Lobby Day just days away in Virginia on Monday, January 20, Virginia is now seeking “actors” for an “ongoing live roleplaying project.”

First, the setup.

Governor Ralph Northam has issued an illegal state of emergency claiming the militia will storm the capitol, something that has zero evidence.

That “state of emergency” claim by Northam is being challenged by Gun Owners of America as well as the Virginia Civil Defense League (VCDL) by their filing of an emergency injunction against the governor.

Clearly, those who will be attending the annual Lobby Day on Monday have done so annually for years without incident, although at this point, one wonders what lobbying does when you have representatives and a governor who are traitors to the Constitution and the people of Virginia in imposing their lawless tyranny.

So, we get this ad at Film.Virginia.org for “actors.”

Here’s the description:

Description: HEAT courses are designed to prepare NGO staff for operating in challenging international environments through in-person simulations. Actors take on varying roles (terrorist, IED victim, hostage, rescue team) throughout each workshop. The work can be intense (both physically and mentally) but also very rewarding.

By the way, the pay isn’t bad either. The rate is $250 per day plus $50 to travel.

So, what does HEAT stand for? Hostile Environment Awareness Training.

Isn’t that what Governor Northam is lying about? Hasn’t he just come up with the fact that an annual event where citizens exercise a right protected under the First Amendment to address their grievances is now a threat? Why, yes he has.

Just in time for Lobby Day and the governor’s illegal order, we have Virginia looking for paid actors to play roles, including terrorists, hostages, rescue teams and IED victims.

Anyone seeing a pattern here from previous false flags orchestrated by our government?

I sure am.

And, in case you haven’t noticed, the Twitterer-in-chief has said absolutely nothing on this.

https://sonsoflibertymedia.com/virgi...obby-day-trap/
    "The Patriarch"

Without fail, as you look back at the false flag shootings in America or other mass shootings, there are scheduled “mass shooting training” that takes place either just prior to or on the very day of the attack. Additionally, many reports have documented where government has sought “crisis actors” in what it calls “training” ahead of these very attacks. With Lobby Day just days away in Virginia on Monday, January 20, Virginia is now seeking “actors” for an “ongoing live roleplaying project.”

First, the setup.

Governor Ralph Northam has issued an illegal state of emergency claiming the militia will storm the capitol, something that has zero evidence.

That “state of emergency” claim by Northam is being challenged by Gun Owners of America as well as the Virginia Civil Defense League (VCDL) by their filing of an emergency injunction against the governor.

Clearly, those who will be attending the annual Lobby Day on Monday have done so annually for years without incident, although at this point, one wonders what lobbying does when you have representatives and a governor who are traitors to the Constitution and the people of Virginia in imposing their lawless tyranny.

Here’s the description:

Description: HEAT courses are designed to prepare NGO staff for operating in challenging international environments through in-person simulations. Actors take on varying roles (terrorist, IED victim, hostage, rescue team) throughout each workshop. The work can be intense (both physically and mentally) but also very rewarding.

By the way, the pay isn’t bad either. The rate is $250 per day plus $50 to travel.

Isn’t that what Governor Northam is lying about? Hasn’t he just come up with the fact that an annual event where citizens exercise a right protected under the First Amendment to address their grievances is now a threat? Why, yes he has.

Just in time for Lobby Day and the governor’s illegal order, we have Virginia looking for paid actors to play roles, including terrorists, hostages, rescue teams and IED victims.

Anyone seeing a pattern here from previous false flags orchestrated by our government?

I sure am.

And, in case you haven’t noticed, the Twitterer-in-chief has said absolutely nothing on this.

I sent in @oyarde 's application.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Going all out, Northam is...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I sent in @oyarde 's application.
    Excellent , does the HEAT part mean we can burn the villages ? If so I will wave my 50 dollars for lodging and travel. Providing crises for people is one of my specialties .How many tomahawks do I bring ?
    Do something Danke

Could someone paying closer attention to VA tell me how this clown got elected?
    Last edited by kahless; 01-17-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Governor wants a 'Green Zone' so he can act autonomy.

First, the setup.

Here’s the description:

I sure am.

Fake? Clicking link to supposed ad says "link not found".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fake? Clicking link to supposed ad says "link not found".
    They probably scrubbed it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3...-virginia.html

Fake News: Casting Call For Crisis Actors Is NOT Coinciding With Pro-Gun Rally In Virginia

Did a casting call go out for crisis actors to coincide with a pro-gun rally set for next week in Virginia? No, that's not true: The casting notice is for a project planned weeks after the rally, and role players will help non-governmental organizations (NGOs) prepare for "challenging international environments."

The claim originated from a video published by Hard News TV 2 on January 16, 2020, titled "Jan 16 2020 Call Out for CRISIS ACTOR in Virginia..As GOV Declares State of Emergency" (archived here). It opened:

In the video, the narrator read the casting call for a project based in Amissville, Virginia, for "Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)." Here is the description from the January 14, 2020, posting (now taken down but archived here and also still available online here):

HEAT courses are designed to prepare NGO staff for operating in challenging international environments through in-person simulations. Actors take on varying roles (terrorist, IED victim, hostage, rescue team) throughout each workshop. The work can be intense (both physically and mentally) but also very rewarding.

The narrator claimed the casting director had a different intent. In the video, she said:

Every single time there has been a massive event, there has been a callout for crisis actors - so - but we're called conspiracy theorists. But here's the facts right here."

In response to this video, the casting director Shaun Irving told Lead Stories:

I'm doing a casting call for role-playing work for a company that does simulations to train aid workers in challenging environments."

Irving noted that this is similar to training simulations that are designed for doctors, soldiers, police officers and journalists. In these scenarios, actors will play a variety of roles to help recreate possible situations that participants may encounter in the real world. He called this role-playing "some of the most meaningful work an actor can do."

Indeed, crisis actors do exist. But in recent years, conspiracy theorists have hijacked the term to claim that mass shootings or other events have been staged. For example, some people claim the shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, in 2018 was orchestrated by actors to effect political change.

Irving went on to say:

It's appalling to me to see somebody take this good work we're doing and spin it into something that it's not.

Irving added that the next planned simulation would take place in mid-February, about three weeks after Monday's pro-gun rally. Amissville is located approximately 100 miles north of the capital, Richmond, the site of Monday's rally.
    :Links and more info at the link.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They would never use the actors for something they didn't publicly advertise.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They probably scrubbed it.
    They did. I used it before and it was there.
    "The Patriarch"

1776 will commence again!!

"The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast