Thread: Gervais Deserves a Medal for Roasting the Golden Globes

Gervais Deserves a Medal for Roasting the Golden Globes

'Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama. A superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. So, well, you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for. I mean, unbelievable: Apple, Amazon, Disney. If Isis started a streaming service, you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you? So if you do win an award tonight, please don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and $#@! off.'

A particular stroke of genius, that, I thought – shoehorning in Hollywood’s current patron saint, St Greta, for the sole purpose of dismissing her antics in a supremely dismissive putdown about school truancy.

Better still, though, was the attack on the woke nexus that extends from Silicon Valley to Hollywood. Gervais is right. These are not good people. They are the totalitarians of their age – as oppressive, in their way, as the Marxist and Fascist and Nazi threats which preceded them, only much more insidious because their evil is disguised with a smiley, caring, socially conscious face.

It needed saying and finally someone dared say it.

Interviewed recently in the Spectator, Gervais explained why he will never apologise for his jokes, however tasteless:

‘Everyone’s thing is the worst thing in the world,’ he tells me. ‘We all do it. We go to a show and say “I wish he hadn’t joked about that. That’s the thing I care about”.’ He recalls playing in New York for the first time and receiving a letter from a Jewish society upset about his Anne Frank material. ‘I said to them, “You laughed at the jokes about famine, Aids and cancer. You knew I was joking there, didn’t you?” I’m playing the idiot. That’s what irony is. It’s the opposite of what you actually think. You wouldn’t satirise an idea that you fundamentally agreed with and get excited about it as an artist.’
    More:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...bes-wankerati/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How indeed. This tweet says far more than he knows. Him and most of the people liking and retweeting.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

He has 14 million followers on twitter!

I like him. He's funny.

There's something about a bunch of Hollywood people sitting around and getting gone off on that is very satisfying.

FJB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.15.48 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	7366
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Isn't Ricky Gervais a liberal as well?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Isn't Ricky Gervais a liberal as well?
    Yes, and an atheist.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Some icing on the cake is that Gervais gained over 300,000 new twitter followers because of this one rant. For Hollywood's SJWs, that should really underscore the reality of how real people outside their bubble actually view them - hope it hurts. May also make Gervais curious about who the hell these "conservative" types really are, and what they actually believe. Maybe he'll learn some concepts that had never occurred to him before - something, for example, like classical liberalism.
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-07-2020 at 07:19 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said what the rest of us would like to say.

It would be too much to hope for that someone out there got a clue and will re-evaluate their lives.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He said something similar in his show "The Extras". If you like the speech, you should definitely give the show a watch. I have been posting clips from his comedy shows where messsages like these are injected in it.

Certainly gives every appearance of "getting it".

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/sta...46542210904065

Gervais must have gained a lot of followers on Twitter after this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Gervais must have gained a lot of followers on Twitter after this.
    I think they will be disappointed when Gervais rips conservatives. Then they will be the ones to complain

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I think they will be disappointed when Gervais rips conservatives. Then they will be the ones to complain
    An equal opportunity ripper has been sorely missing from the comedy scene. There used to be a few but they either sold out (Maher) or died (Carlin).
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book