Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to die for Donald J. Trump?

Are you ready to die for Donald J. Trump?

The draft:

In the aftermath of the US drone strike that killed the Iranian general Qassem Suleimani in Baghdad, the phrase “World War III” began trending on social media.

More startlingly, a US government agency which registers young men for a potential military draft saw its website crash.

“Due to the spread of misinformation,” the Selective Service System (SSS) tweeted on Friday, “our website is experiencing high traffic volumes at this time … We appreciate your patience.”

It added that it was “conducting business as usual” and emphasised that a return to the draft is not imminent: “In the event that a national emergency necessitates a draft, Congress and the president would need to pass official legislation.”

On Saturday, as Twitter panic subsided, the SSS website was up and running, if slowly.

The US first drafted soldiers during the civil war in the 1860s, prompting deadly, racist riots. A hundred years later, opposition to conscription fuelled protests against the Vietnam war. There has been no draft since 1973.

“I think it’s fair to say that the draft has never been wildly popular,” Jennifer Mittelstadt, a history professor at Rutgers University in New Jersey, told the New York Times.

Experts including Mittelstadt, however, have said reinstating the draft might in fact help build a more inclusive society.

Should the US and Iran go to war, America’s fighting will be done by its volunteer military, about 1.3 million strong and dominated in the enlisted ranks by recruits from working-class and minority groups.

Writing for the Guardian in 2014, the long-serving New York Democratic congressman Charles Rangel said: “The same familiar faces have served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. A more inclusive military draft … would compel everyone in the nation to stop and rethink about who we send to wars, how we fight – and why we fight them at all.”

All American men aged 18 to 25 are required by law to register with the SSS. Many do so when applying for a driver’s license or applying for student loans. Those who do not register cannot receive federal financial aid or work for the federal government.

The agency says it has registered 91% of eligible men. Despite playing an increasing role in the US military and filling combat roles, women are not required to register.

A return to the draft may remain unlikely, but the SSS says it is prepared to “rapidly provide personnel in a fair and equitable manner while managing an alternative service program for conscientious objectors”.

According to the agency’s website: “Current plans are frequently tested, evaluated, and revised as necessary.

“If implemented, they will guide the Selective Service System in making a smooth transition from current reduced readiness levels to full conscription within six months.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...service-system

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if all these people predicting WWIII or full blown war with Iran are gonna say, "whoops, I got it wrong" when it never happens. I wager not.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wonder if all these people predicting WWIII or full blown war with Iran are gonna say, "whoops, I got it wrong" when it never happens. I wager not.
    I don't expect a full blown war but only because I believe the Iranians have better sense.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I don't expect a full blown war but only because I believe the Iranians have better sense.
    These conflicts rapidly deteriorate into full blown wars. There are many unintended consequences.

Lol. The military cannot even make recruitment minimums because kids today are physically unfit, lazy, addicts, mentally unstable or just plain too stupid even for military duty. If they had a draft they might gain an addition 10k troops out of all of those of military age.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    These conflicts rapidly deteriorate into full blown wars. There are many unintended consequences.
    Years ago we shot down an Iranian passenger jet and killed 200 innocent people. Iran didn't launch a full scale war. Some believe the Lockerbie bombing was in part retaliation for that....but nobody could ever prove it. If Iran retaliates it will be in such a way that nobody can definitely say they did it and it will be years later when this story has dropped of the radar and the current tensions have subsided.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Years ago we shot down an Iranian passenger jet and killed 200 innocent people. Iran didn't launch a full scale war. Some believe the Lockerbie bombing was in part retaliation for that....but nobody could ever prove it. If Iran retaliates it will be in such a way that nobody can definitely say they did it and it will be years later when this story has dropped of the radar and the current tensions have subsided.
    This time it's different because the general's family want revenge and it has been promised to them by their Supreme Leader. They will most likely hit bases in Iraq or the Mid east and with a nutcase like Trump who is threatening allies who knows where it could go or what will happen.

I know @spudea is.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well at least the fearmongering is going in the right direction, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    This time it's different because the general's family want revenge and it has been promised to them by their Supreme Leader. They will most likely hit bases in Iraq or the Mid east and with a nutcase like Trump who is threatening allies who knows where it could go or what will happen.
    Nothing is different. Nothing has changed. Iran is more sophisticated than that. This isn't the first time a family of some "martyred Iranian hero" has demanded, and been promised, revenge. But it happens in a non-obvious way. Take the recent attack in Kenya by Al-Shabab. @Swordsmyth has already dismissed Iranian involvement because "It's not in their interest" after just posting an article claiming that Iran and Sunni militant groups had vowed to work together when the target is America. So....all Iran has to do is to help someone else get revenge on America...and there are plenty of takers.

I read one report that claimed that Soliemani wanted to provoke a U.S. military response to undermine Iraqi Sunni protests against Iranian involvement in Iraq. If that was his goal...he accomplished it. Iraq is currently united against the U.S. Why would Iran throw away a clear tactical victory for immediate and obvious revenge when they could stick to their game plan of delayed "did they really do it" revenge?

We should draft Chickenhawks like Ben shapiro & John Bolton.

When do women have to start registering with selective service? #MeToo

- ML

Nothing is different.

David Stockman wrote a good article about what we can expect:

Undoubtedly, things will now spiral out of control because the Iranian regime must and will retaliate for Soleimani’s death. Indeed, by vaporizing the latter, the Donald has now also vaporized any chance of actually implementing the “America First” policy upon which he ran, and which was the principal basis for his freakish elevation to the Oval Office.

The fact is, the only decent thing Obama did on the foreign policy front was the Iran Nuke Deal. Under the latter, Iran gave up a nuclear weapons capability it never had or wanted for the return of billions of escrowed dollars (which belong to Tehran in the first place), while putting itself in a straight-jacket of international inspections and controls that even Houdini could not have broken free from.

But the Donald wantonly $#@!-canned this arrangement, not because Iran violated either the letter or spirit of the deal, but because the neocons – led by his bubble-headed son-in-law and Bibi Netanyahu errand boy, Jared Kushner – blatantly lied to him about its alleged defects.

Indeed, the resulting Washington pivot to the current “maximum pressure” aggression against Iran is fast becoming the Empire most demented and shameful hour – even as it crystalizes like rarely before the difference between homeland defense and imperial aggression.

Under the former, not one American serviceman, contractor or civilian official would be in harms’ way because the ring of hostile bases surrounding Iran would not exist nor would Washington be waging economic warfare on what would otherwise be a prosperous 5 million barrel per day oil trade with the world.

Only empires put their citizens needlessly in harms’ way and thereby trap their leader’s into a cycle of violence which feeds upon itself.

The Donald is now yet another American president ensnared in the kind of tit-for-tat trap that is the modus operandi of Empire First.
    Read the whole thing here:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/01/...-own-assassin/

I’m not willing to die for any president.

Yes. Nothing is more important than making sure the air base is repaid.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Yes. Nothing is more important than making sure the air base is repaid.
    I'm pretty disappointed that so many people on this forum are falling for the mainstream media bull$#@!.

Turns out, this guy who was assassinated was actually a deep state/CIA asset who had infiltrated the Iranian regime. He had a bio-weapon with him when he was assassinated and he was attempting to foment a war between the United States and Iran.

Iran won't attack us because they now have been informed that he was a deep state/CIA asset, and so they are happy that Trump got rid of him as well.

Now you know why Trump said he did it to STOP a war, not to start a war. But you don't listen to Trump. You just listen to CNN horse$#@!.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed that so many people on this forum are falling for the mainstream media bull$#@!.

Turns out, this guy who was assassinated was actually a deep state/CIA asset who had infiltrated the Iranian regime. He had a bio-weapon with him when he was assassinated and he was attempting to foment a war between the United States and Iran.

Iran won't attack us because they now have been informed that he was a deep state/CIA asset, and so they are happy that Trump got rid of him as well.

Now you know why Trump said he did it to STOP a war, not to start a war. But you don't listen to Trump. You just listen to CNN horse$#@!.

I think it is the word, "assassinated" that gets the knee-jerk responses. He was "taken out" would be a more appropriate word, I think. Suleiman was taken out for helping terrorist perpetuate more terror around the world.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Groupthink is so disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think it is the word, "assassinated" that gets the knee-jerk responses. He was "taken out" would be a more appropriate word, I think. Suleiman was taken out for helping terrorist perpetuate more terror around the world.
    He was "taken out" because he was killing our CIA backed jihadists. The whole war to remove Assad has been hampered by the Iranians bringing in fighters to attack terrorists in Syria and Iraq. It's a shame to see you peddling the deep state line, it's like John Bolton has taken over your account

What world are we living in that words like assassinated has to he replaced by sanitized words like taken out. Would you also call it "taken out" if the Democrats did that to Trump? You can argue that it was the right thing to assassinate him but make no mistake, he was assassinated by agents of the deep state and no amount of double speak would change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He was "taken out" because he was killing our CIA backed jihadists. The whole war to remove Assad has been hampered by the Iranians bringing in fighters to attack terrorists in Syria and Iraq. It's a shame to see you peddling the deep state line, it's like John Bolton has taken over your account

What world are we living in that words like assassinated has to he replaced by sanitized words like taken out. Would you also call it "taken out" if the Democrats did that to Trump? You can argue that it was the right thing to assassinate him but make no mistake, he was assassinated by agents of the deep state and no amount of double speak would change that fact.
    Suleiman was working with the rogue CIA for years!

Suleiman: The CIA's man in Cairo
    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...827382865.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Question RPF martyrs for allah Don

The RPF neocon Trumpkins are eager to die for their god, Wahhabi Prince Donnell.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Then, if true, there would be no way that Trump would have killed him
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Then, if true, there would be no way that Trump would have killed him
    Hahahahaha. Seriously? What part of draining the swamp you don't quite understand?

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    The RPF neocon Trumpkins are eager to die for their god, Wahhabi Prince Donnell.

What about the RPF communists sympathizers? Seems they will believe any pablum that MSM and Anti-Americans spew.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Trump is the one said we aren't leaving Iraq until the Air Base is repaid.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Speculation in your part but if it's true that still doesn't change the fact that he was assassinated. What you have to ask yourself is this, why are you reluctant to call a spade a spade? It was an assassination whether it's a legitimate killing or not

Speculation in your part but if it's true that still doesn't change the fact that he was assassinated. What you have to ask yourself is this, why are you reluctant to call a spade a spade? It was an assassination whether it's a legitimate killing or not
    Huh? What's that, I can't hear you over the crow screeching, you are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Trump is the one said we aren't leaving Iraq until the Air Base is repaid.
    Ok, that is actually an issue I don't care about either way at all and was not replying to it specifically.

I was talking about in general. I am disappointing that you are always falling for fake news from the mainstream media, this time about Iran.

Or is it that you agree with the rest of my post?

I mean, holy $#@!..

I just told you that Trump assassinated a CIA asset, and you are talking about an air base in Iraq??? WTF
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He was "taken out" because he was killing our CIA backed jihadists.
    No, he was taken out because he was a CIA asset who was killing our CIA backed jihadists in an effort to foment war between Iran and the U.S., and this time he was bringing a bioweapon to Iraq to kill more innocent people including American soldiers.

Trump Assassinated the Iranian Regime's Top CIA Asset...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Top-CIA-Asset

Hahahahaha. Seriously? What part of draining the swamp you don't quite understand?
    I thought the swamp was in Washington. Or more specifically, in Trump's Cabinet.

What about the RPF communists sympathizers? Seems they will believe any pablum that MSM and Anti-Americans spew.
    It is slightly less silly than Q Spew.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast