Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi PM: Soleimani was in Iraq to discuss Iran-Saudi de-escalation when he was killed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Iraqi PM: Soleimani was in Iraq to discuss Iran-Saudi de-escalation when he was killed

Who stands to lose most if Iran-Saudi tensions got de-escalated?
    If this is confirmed to be part of some conspiracy to stop de-escalation between Iran and Saudi and keep wars temperature high, Deep Neocons could be in big trouble in 2020 elections.

Iraqi prime minister says Qassem Soleimani was in Iraq to 'discuss de-escalating tensions between Iran and Saudis' when he was killed - and claims Trump had asked for help mediating talks after embassy attack

• Iraq's caretaker prime minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, told his parliament in Baghdad on Sunday that US strike on Soleimani was a 'political assassination'
    • Abdul Mahdi claimed that Soleimani was due to meet with him on the same day that he was killed by a US drone near the Baghdad airport early on Friday
    • The outgoing Iraqi leader says that Soleimani was supposed to bring him Iran's response to a Saudi proposal for de-escalating regional tensions
    • Saudi Arabia, a regional rival, blames Iran for an attack on the kingdom's oil facilities in September
    • Abdul Mahdi also claims that President Trump called him and asked him to mediate talks with Iran after the US embassy in Baghdad was nearly overrun
    • Supporters of the Shiite group Kataib Hezbollah scaled the walls and barreled through security at the US embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday
    • Abdul Mahdi said he personally intervened to defuse the embassy crisis and that the American president thanked him for doing so

By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com and Associated Press and Afp

Published: 19:44 EST, 5 January 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...airstrike.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We all know how much his word is worth now that it can't be confirmed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We all know how much his word is worth now that it can't be confirmed.
    Well we know how much worth Trump's word whenever Trump opens his mouth or tweet for that matter.

The Saudi's set him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    wouldn’t surprise me.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

That's how I would do it , only I would expect the prey too smart to take the bait .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That's how I would do it , only I would expect the prey too smart to take the bait .
    As I said in another thread, it is quite possible he was willing to martyr himself to advance his cause. He was not a young man.

That would explain quite a bit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe. Or Trump’s neoconservative advisors (Kushner, Pence, Pompeo, Graham, Rubio) took advantage of knowing about it...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Maybe. Or Trump’s neoconservative advisors (Kushner, Pence, Pompeo, Graham, Rubio) took advantage of knowing about it...
    Meh... possible, but this paints Trump as a feckless victim, which I am hard pressed to buy. Possibly, Trump is one of Themme and everything we see is pure theatre. The Donald is treading a remarkably fine line such that I STILL do not know whether he is to be trusted. If he's a bad guy, I have to hand it to him for his virtuoso performance in this regard. Most have neither the brains to sort the role to this level of detail, or the patience to see it through. If he is a bad guy, he represents dedication to an objective that the number of others of equal commitment since the days of Sumer cn probably be counted on one hand, possibly with fingers left over. With that said, I will still not commit my trust to him. This has been quite the wild ride.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

"Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

Pray for reset.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Meh... possible, but this paints Trump as a feckless victim, which I am hard pressed to buy. Possibly, Trump is one of Themme and everything we see is pure theatre. The Donald is treading a remarkably fine line such that I STILL do not know whether he is to be trusted. If he's a bad guy, I have to hand it to him for his virtuoso performance in this regard. Most have neither the brains to sort the role to this level of detail, or the patience to see it through. If he is a bad guy, he represents dedication to an objective that the number of others of equal commitment since the days of Sumer cn probably be counted on one hand, possibly with fingers left over. With that said, I will still not commit my trust to him. This has been quite the wild ride.
    Yes, the drunken monkey is hard to read at times. But the bottom line is usually himself, that much seems consistent.

Why make the decision to kill Soleimani? Put it in personal terms. Emotion and motivations. He wants to look tough. There is a huge voter base for that. Hannity and the neoconservatives have been ecstatic. It’s his wet dream. People were always talking about taking Soleimani out, and Trump likes to do things that other politicians were “afraid” to do.

Emotionally, there was the back and forth of militia base attacks, but then it was escalated with the mob attacks on the US Embassy. Probably angered Trump.

Now, many media pundits are bringing up the pending impeachment. Right wingers are saying “there can’t be an impeachment while this warm war is going on with Iran! Anyone who does is an anti-American traitor!” The Democrats are saying he did it to distract from and avoid the impeachment. But most personally relevant? Bolton had starting making derogatory remarks about Trump, hinting he would give negative testimony in an impeachment trial. Killing Soleimani is also a dream of Bolton. Would it bring Bolton back over to Trump’s side? Would that be a consideration?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yes, the drunken monkey is hard to read at times. But the bottom line is usually himself, that much seems consistent.

Why make the decision to kill Soleimani? Put it in personal terms. Emotion and motivations. He wants to look tough.
    Whoa thar, cowboy. Not so fast. I would almost bet money I do not have that you are not in possession of sufficient good information to make such as assertion, but if I am mistaken please do correct me.

I don't trust Trump, yet I have not the information to condemn him, either. As I wrote in another post, he is walking a very tight line that bespeaks a skill and discipline few in the entire history of humanity have ever demonstrated.

There is a huge voter base for that.
    Cannot disagree with that.

...Trump likes to do things that other politicians were “afraid” to do.
    For one thing, your attribution of motive seems questionable at best, but even if true, that is not necessarily a bad thing as your tone seems to imply.

Emotionally, there was the back and forth of militia base attacks, but then it was escalated with the mob attacks on the US Embassy. Probably angered Trump.
    What leads you to conclude that Trump was angry? I can as easily see his actions as being pragmatically chosen for effect.

Now, many media pundits are bringing up the pending impeachment.
    Pending? I thought he's been impeached already. Are you referring to the senate trial?

Right wingers are saying “there can’t be an impeachment while this warm war is going on with Iran! Anyone who does is an anti-American traitor!”
    This is the first I've ever heard of this.

The Democrats are saying he did it to distract from and avoid the impeachment. But most personally relevant? Bolton had starting making derogatory remarks about Trump, hinting he would give negative testimony in an impeachment trial. Killing Soleimani is also a dream of Bolton. Would it bring Bolton back over to Trump’s side? Would that be a consideration?
    Trump does not strike me as one to suck the enemy's dick just for a get-out-of-jail-free card. Trump has his problems, to be certain, but I do not as yet see any clear evidence of his being the sort of lowlife that, say, Obama is.

One of the big problems I see in people is an inability or unwillingness to regard Trump without emotion. I seem to be one of the rare few. For whatever reason, media spin being a real likely candidate for root cause, the vast plurality of people seem to be driven by emotion, rather than logic. This is bad juju; poison that cannot lead anywhere good, save by some monumentally freakish coincidence. And that is one strong reason why humanity is likely doomed - we are our own worst enemies.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

"Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

Pray for reset.

Any real war (in appearance, at least) will be between Iran and the Saudis, not the US and Iran. Spoiler alert: Saudis lose. Something has to happen to publicly to act as a cover story to break the Saudi>US petrodollar standard.

A paraphrase quote from a high Saudi "royal" some years ago: "My grandfather rode a camel. My father rode in a car. I ride in a Mercedes. My grandchildren will ride a camel."
    Last edited by devil21; 01-06-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Trump Assassinated the Iranian Regime's Top CIA Asset...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Top-CIA-Asset

It makes sense that the Iraqi PM is CIA also, and they want to evict US troops because the CIA is no longer in control of the US government and the US military, thanks to Trump.

Also, my thread mentions that Soleimani was carrying a bioweapon to Iraq, he was not going there to make peace.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump Assassinated the Iranian Regime's Top CIA Asset...
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Top-CIA-Asset

It makes sense that the Iraqi PM is CIA also, and they want to evict US troops because the CIA is no longer in control of the US government and the US military, thanks to Trump.

Also, my thread mentions that Soleimani was carrying a bioweapon to Iraq, he was not going there to make peace.
    I am sorry nobody is reading your latest chapter of "everybody and everything is the CIA!", but please stop spamming the thread.

Soleimani was to deliver Tehran's reply to Saudi de-escalation letter when killed: Iraqi PM
    Sunday - 05 January 2020

Iraq's Caretaker Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi has said that Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani was set to deliver Tehran's reply to an earlier Saudi message regarding de-escalation talks mediated by Baghdad when he was assassinated.

Abdul-Mahdi made the remarks during an extraordinary parliamentary session in the capital which led to the adoption of a law demanding the withdrawal of US forces from the country on Sunday, the National Iraqi News Agency reported.

The premier said that he was due to meet Soleimani at 8:30 am local time on Friday before the US assassinated the general a few hours earlier.

The revelations come as Baghdad has been mediating talks between Tehran and Riyadh following a recent uptick of tensions the region.

Sunday's parliamentary vote was held in response to Washington's Friday airstrikes targeting Soleimani and his comrades.

Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the second-in-command of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) was also killed in the attack.
    The Sunday vote comes as many Iraqi figures and parliamentary factions have been long demanding the withdrawal of US troops from the country, specifically following a series of unclaimed airstrikes on PMU forces.

Abdul-Mahdi also revealed in his Sunday remarks that Washington had confirmed to Baghdad that Tel Aviv was behind a number of the attacks.

"America informed us that Israel bombed the warehouses of the PMU last summer," he said, calling on the parliament to take all measures to end the presence of foreign forces in Iraq.
    More: https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/...o-Saudi-letter

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not surprising that Iranian allies would attempt to come up with a story that makes their guy look like a saint and Trump look evil.

All we have is their word.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's not surprising that Iranian allies would attempt to come up with a story that makes their guy look like a saint and Trump look evil.

All we have is their word.
    You never know, but as Ron and Daniel mentioned in today’s Liberty Report, he seemed comfortable coming to Iraq. And how would anyone know when and where to target him if this wasn’t a well known and planned trip? He probably felt safer traveling with his Iraqi counterpart.

They also mentioned on the Liberty Report that some establishment reports are coming out now that Trump’s advisers proposed this assassination as a crazy, extreme, throw away idea in hopes of getting some other less extreme actions. And they were surprised that Trump agreed with it.

The options included striking Iranian ships, missile facilities, or Iranian-backed militia groups in Iraq, The Times said.

The officials offered the option of killing Soleimani mainly to make the others seem more appealing, which The Times described as a common tactic for US officials advising presidents.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...leimani-2020-1
    WASHINGTON — In the chaotic days leading to the death of Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, Iran’s most powerful commander, top American military officials put the option of killing him — which they viewed as the most extreme response to recent Iranian-led violence in Iraq — on the menu they presented to President Trump.

They didn’t think he would take it. In the wars waged since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Pentagon officials have often offered improbable options to presidents to make other possibilities appear more palatable.

After initially rejecting the Suleimani option on Dec. 28 and authorizing airstrikes on an Iranian-backed Shiite militia group instead, a few days later Mr. Trump watched, fuming, as television reports showed Iranian-backed attacks on the American Embassy in Baghdad, according to Defense Department and administration officials.

By late Thursday, the president had gone for the extreme option. Top Pentagon officials were stunned.

But some officials voiced private skepticism about the rationale for a strike on General Suleimani, who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American troops over the years. According to one United States official, the new intelligence indicated “a normal Monday in the Middle East” — Dec. 30 — and General Suleimani’s travels amounted to “business as usual.”

That official described the intelligence as thin and said that General Suleimani’s attack was not imminent because of communications the United States had between Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and General Suleimani showing that the ayatollah had not yet approved any plans by the general for an attack. The ayatollah, according to the communications, had asked General Suleimani to come to Tehran for further discussions at least a week before his death.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence were two of the most hawkish voices arguing for a response to Iranian aggression, according to administration officials.
    More: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/04/u...suleimani.html

I don't know. Because I don't trust the MSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I don't know. Because I don't trust the MSM!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Soleimani Was in Baghdad on Mission for Saudi Peace
    Iraqi PM says Soleimani was supposed to deliver reply to Saudi message
    Jason Ditz - January 5, 2020

On Thursday night, the US assassinated top Iranian Gen. Qassam Soleimani in a drone strike at Baghdad International Airport. His arrival was actually part of ongoing diplomatic efforts, according to Iraqi PM Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

Soleimani’s visit was related to well-documented Saudi attempts at diplomacy to ease tensions with Iran. The Saudis had dispatched a message of peace to Iran, with Iraq acting as an intermediary. Soleimani was coming to Iraq to deliver the Iranian government’s reply.

The US assassination, then, undercut the peace effort to an enormous level. Iraq was keen to facilitate peace between its two neighbors, hopefully to calm down US threats against Iran. Instead, the US undercut the entire process.
    More: https://news.antiwar.com/2020/01/05/...r-saudi-peace/

The truth may never be known.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The truth may never be known.
    All the books are open at Judgement,,nothing is hidden anymore.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    All the books are open at Judgement,,nothing is hidden anymore.
    ... but until then........

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... but until then........
    until then we are doing time in a War-zone,, that predates physical weapons.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This smells like BS. He was a general. Not a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Exactly!

He was actually both. He helped convince Putin to enter the Syrian war on the side of Assad.

Rudolf Hess is most famous for undertaking a secret solo flight from Bavaria to Scotland in May 1941 to deliver proposals for peace between Germany and Great Britain. Regarding Hess's mission as unauthorized and doubting his sanity, the British government held Hess as a prisoner of war through the end of World War II.

He too was a general on a mission on peace. And yeah, the west gave him a life sentence for his actions.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-08-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast