Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi PM: Soleimani was in Iraq to discuss Iran-Saudi de-escalation when he was killed

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Today on NPR it was reported that Iran has admitted to having shot down the aircraft, and that it was "accidental'. Do you need more evidence than that? I mean, it's friggin' NPR, a raft of leftist filth who spare no opportunity to malign Trump.
    Are those the same news sources that claimed the same thing about WMDs in Iraq to? or how somehow Assad was gasing his own people with chemical weapons when majority of those rebel videos were questionable at very best. And arent these the same Boeing 737 airliners that technical issues and were responsible for the crashes oh how about a year ago or so?

Its almost as if the American gov is trying to protect Boeing 737 airliners from their technical issues and failures i wont be surprised if the same airliner crashes again this year.

Either way what happened to the airliner whatever a missile or not could have being preventable if it wasn't for Trump and his decision to kill the general.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    That's what I came up with, I gave Don the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still anti-war.

Just Wikipedia, but the guy specialized in using "outside resources."

---

You would think people would be amazed at Trumps consistency on his anti-war stance, but they just keep pretending he is a Bush Jr.... I have to say, I think he really cares, and that coming from me is personally inconsistent, in itself.

Judging from the wiki info.

extraterritorial operations, the Quds Force supports non-state actors in many countries, including Lebanese Hezbollah, Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, Yemeni Houthis, and Shia militias in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.
    You see this is why they want a regime change in Syria and Iran because they are Shia not Sunni militias have you ever seen western countries or allies ever attack groups like Al-Nusra Front? Army of Conquest? and other so called FSA rebels?

FSA are mostly just Sunni branched rebels backed by Qatar and Saudi Arabia. This is a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. And America doesnt want Iran anywhere near in Iraq nor the Shia controlling Iraq.

They want a Sunni puppet to control Iraq and allow Americans to further occupy it.

Iraqi PM reveals Soleimani was on peace mission when assassinated, exploding Trump’s lie

Neocons on the march article.

The Trump administration claimed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani was planning “imminent attacks” on US interests when it assassinated him. That lie was just destroyed, but not before countless corporate media outlets transmitted it to the public.

Desperate to justify the US drone assassination of Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo insisted that Washington had made an “intelligence-based assessment” that Soleimani was “actively planning in the region” to attack American interests before he was killed.

President Donald Trump justified his fateful decision to kill the Iranian general in even more explicit language, declaring that Soleimani was planning “imminent attacks” on US diplomatic facilities and personnel across the Middle East.
    “We took action last night to stop a war,” Trump claimed. “We did not take action to start a war.”

Trump’s dubious rationale for an indisputably criminal assassination has been repeated widely across corporate media networks, and often without any skepticism or debate.

At a January 3 State Department briefing, where reporters finally got the chance to demand evidence for the claim of an “imminent” threat, one US official erupted in anger.

“Jesus, do we have to explain why we do these things?” he barked at the press.

Two days later, when Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi addressed his country’s parliament, Trump’s justification for killing Soleimani was exposed as a cynical lie.

According to Abdul-Mahdi, he had planned to meet Soleimani on the morning the general was killed to discuss a diplomatic rapproachment that Iraq was brokering between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Abdul-Mahdi said that Trump personally thanked him for the efforts, even as he was planning the hit on Soleimani – thus creating the impression that the Iranian general was safe to travel to Baghdad.
    Mustafa Salim @Mustafa_salimb

· Jan 5, 2020

Replying to @Mustafa_salimb
    “But at the same time American helicopters and drones were flying without the approval of Iraq, and we refused the request of bringing more soldiers to US embassy and bases” iraqi PM said.

Mustafa Salim @Mustafa_salimb

“I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran” Iraqi PM said.

9:02 AM - Jan 5, 2020 · Iraq
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,784 people are talking about this
    Soleimani had arrived in Baghdad not to plan attacks on American targets, but to coordinate de-escalation with Saudi Arabia. Indeed, he was killed while on an actual peace mission that could have created political distance between the Gulf monarchy and members of the US-led anti-Iran axis like Israel.

The catastrophic results of Soleimani’s killing recall the Obama administration’s 2016 assassination of Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansur, a Taliban leader who was eager to negotiate a peaceful end to the US occupation of Afghanistan. Mansur’s death wound up empowering hardline figures in the Taliban who favored a total military victory over the US and triggered an uptick in violence across the country, dooming hopes for a negotiated exit.

Since Soleimani’s assassination, Iraq’s parliament has voted to expel all US troops from the country and Iran’s Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has sworn to exact a “severe revenge” on the “the criminals who have stained their hands with [Soleimani’s] and the other martyrs’ blood…”

Trump, for his part, tweeted a litany of gangster-like threats, promising to destroy Iranian cultural sites if it retaliated and pledging to sanction Iraq “like they’ve never been before” if it ousted US troops.
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

· Jan 4, 2020

Replying to @realDonaldTrump
    ....hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

5:52 PM - Jan 4, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

127K people are talking about this
    Read the Whole Article

Last edited by Cap; 01-10-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Are those the same news sources that claimed the same thing about WMDs in Iraq to? or how somehow Assad was gasing his own people with chemical weapons when majority of those rebel videos were questionable at very best.
    Don't know. I do not usually listen to NPR as they are not to be trusted due to a terminal case of hard leftism, which is exactly why they are credible on this issue. The simple fact that they were not sucking Soleimani's dick, post mortem, kind of drives home a middling to very good likelihood that he was a real $#@!. Otherwise, it would have been fellatio-city.

Either way what happened to the airliner whatever a missile or not could have being preventable if it wasn't for Trump and his decision to kill the general.
    $#@!'s sake man, you cannot be serious. "COULD have been..." You're weasel wording it precisely because somewhere deep down you know that nobody knows what might have been possible, or not possible.

I walk down the road, trip, and break my leg. Well, if Trump hadn't... This is called "non sequitur". You have drawn no convincing connection between the events in question. The Iranians themselves are saying it was an accident, which raises the strongest possibility that it would have happened even if Trump hadn't spanked Iran before the entire world.

Let us try to keep this real.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    That's what I came up with, I gave Don the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still anti-war.
    I think anyone with any sense and decency is anti-war. But being anti-war doesn't mean not defending oneself, often through the repulsive back-channels of "the game".

This is the point I keep making, yet so few seem to grok: our normative ideals may be great. They may be worth aspiring to. However, "aspiring" should probably not mean committing suicide. I don't want war, but if my neighbor brings it to my doorstep, I have a choice to make: lay down and let him do the job on me, or get out there and vanquish the bastard. I don't WANT to go to war with my neighbor, but if he is going to bring, I will give as good as I get, if not better.

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people equate and conflate the willingness to go to war, however reticently, with the lust to go. The two are VERY different creatures.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Don't know. I do not usually listen to NPR as they are not to be trusted due to a terminal case of hard leftism, which is exactly why they are credible on this issue. The simple fact that they were not sucking Soleimani's dick, post mortem, kind of drives home a middling to very good likelihood that he was a real $#@!. Otherwise, it would have been fellatio-city.

$#@!'s sake man, you cannot be serious. "COULD have been..." You're weasel wording it precisely because somewhere deep down you know that nobody knows what might have been possible, or not possible.

I walk down the road, trip, and break my leg. Well, if Trump hadn't... This is called "non sequitur". You have drawn no convincing connection between the events in question. The Iranians themselves are saying it was an accident, which raises the strongest possibility that it would have happened even if Trump hadn't spanked Iran before the entire world.

Let us try to keep this real.
    I am sure ISIS and MEK terroists would agree with you NeoCon on the Iranian general.

Qasem Soleimani: Why his killing is good news for IS jihadists

I am surpiused by the amount of NeoCons on this forum pretending to anti war and anti regime change, while sucking up Trump and Saudis narratives.

I am sure ISIS and MEK terroists would agree with you NeoCon on the Iranian general.

Qasem Soleimani: Why his killing is good news for IS jihadists

I am surpiused by the amount of NeoCons on this forum pretending to anti war and anti regime change, while sucking up Trump and Saudis narratives.
    Wait just a minute - your sentence structure above is not clear - do you mean to assert that I am a neocon?

I think anyone with any sense and decency is anti-war. But being anti-war doesn't mean not defending oneself, often through the repulsive back-channels of "the game".

This is the point I keep making, yet so few seem to grok: our normative ideals may be great. They may be worth aspiring to. However, "aspiring" should probably not mean committing suicide. I don't want war, but if my neighbor brings it to my doorstep, I have a choice to make: lay down and let him do the job on me, or get out there and vanquish the bastard. I don't WANT to go to war with my neighbor, but if he is going to bring, I will give as good as I get, if not better.

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people equate and conflate the willingness to go to war, however reticently, with the lust to go. The two are VERY different creatures.

. I don't want war,
    Of course you NeoCons never want war but it always happen and when these wars happen you never do win them do you now?

But being anti-war doesn't mean not defending oneself, often through the repulsive back-channels of "the game".
    Your only Anti War on here whenever America has a democrat president but if Trump does these things then its ok, i remember when GW Bush president, its always usual the same narrative you Republicans always defend your own no matter whatever or not he or she start a global war or regime change. You will never criticize Trump on his decision over the Iranian general or the possibility of him starting a war.

You guys started this mess not Iran. The Iranian general was in Iraq for a meeting. But hey on the bright side you guys have now ISIS supporting ya Trump boy who claimed ISIS was all but defeated in Iraq.

Of course you NeoCons never want war but it always happen and when these wars happen you never do win them do you now?

Your only Anti War on here whenever America has a democrat president but if Trump does these things then its ok, i remember when GW Bush president, its always usual the same narrative you Republicans always defend your own no matter whatever or not he or she start a global war or regime change. You will never criticize Trump on his decision over the Iranian general or the possibility of him starting a war.

You guys started this mess not Iran. The Iranian general was in Iraq for a meeting. But hey on the bright side you guys have now ISIS supporting ya Trump boy who claimed ISIS was all but defeated in Iraq.

Now you see - you had the opportunity to engage in an adult conversation, but turned it into false accusation time.

FAIL.

There is no reason to believe such a claim from Iranian allies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Now you see - you had the opportunity to engage in an adult conversation, but turned it into false accusation time.

FAIL.
    Ah back to deflecting are we Trump supporter? let me use your own statement on what you just said previously.

I don't want war, but if my neighbor brings it to my doorstep, I have a choice to make
    Let me remind you again it wasn't Iran that started this mess in Iraq, you guys have done it with a drone. You killed an Iranian general and now you expected that Iran would return to negotiations even after you guys make ridicules demands as if they were threats?

Yeah. At some point we need to stop electing psychopaths to lead our country. Of course, that will never satiate the psychopaths that support them.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Iraq is our ally, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Iraq is our ally, moron.
    Their government is dominated by Shias loyal to Iran.

Try to pay attention.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Soleimani was indeed on a peace mission. His mission was to get assassinated by the US, to help foster peace in the region
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    It does make perfect sense that a military General is who would be sent on a peace mission, rather than a ambassador. Diplomats are notoriously violent.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It does make perfect sense that a military General is who would be sent on a peace mission, rather than a ambassador. Diplomats are notoriously violent.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Ambassadors are for gun running missions.

On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Well, now it is being reported that Iran is denying any involvement with the downed airliner.

The problem here is that we are no longer able to trust media, so we now have no idea who is doing the lying - media, Iran, or most likely, both.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, now it is being reported that Iran is denying any involvement with the downed airliner.

The problem here is that we are no longer able to trust media, so we now have no idea who is doing the lying - media, Iran, or most likely, both.
    Iran Bulldozed Plane Crash Site Before Outside Investigators Arrived

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would rather believe Iran over America that has a bad record of Intel and Media lying to its people.

Your starting to believe FAKE NEWS that want start a war

Your starting to believe FAKE NEWS that want start a war
    It's not fake and it's typical of Iran.

You are fake.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not fake and it's typical of Iran.

You are fake.
    Ah i see now so its only fake news when its criticizing your Dear Leader?

You are fake.
    I have being here for quite a long time for you to accuse me of being fake is rather ironic for a user that has only joined this site in 2016 at the time when Trump was a candidate lying to your faces about being none a neocon or how he would withdraw from middle east all those promises were nothing but lies and you know what? Trump will never finish the border wall

Ah i see now so its only fake news when its criticizing your Dear Leader?
    Projection.

I have being here for quite a long time for you to accuse me of being fake is rather ironic for a user that has only joined this site in 2016 at the time when Trump was a candidate lying to your faces about being none a neocon or how he would withdraw from middle east all those promises were nothing but lies and you know what? Trump will never finish the border wall
    I opposed Trump when I first came here and you have exposed yourself as nothing but a Chinese troll since I came here.

And the border wall is progressing nicely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But you would prefer to believe a claim from the American/Saudi.Sunni Allies?

Their government is dominated by Shias loyal to Iran.

Try to pay attention.
    Would you prefer if Iraq was dominated by Saudi sunni puppet regime? that is not real democary i guess democary is real whenever your puppets are running the show,your showing your full of crap on here. Along with other Trump supporters.

I think you fake trump supporters should be in for a surprise this election. I see there a number of idiots GOP who had given up their seats for 2020, GOP risks losing the senate this year. A minority controlled senate is possible this election. If Trump wins his re election dont expect things to go into your favor.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 01-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would you prefer if Iraq was dominated by Saudi sunni puppet regime? that is not real democary i guess democary is real whenever your puppets are running the show,your showing your full of crap on here. Along with other Trump supporters.

I think you fake trump supporters should be in for a surprise this election. I see there a number of idiots GOP who had given up their seats for 2020, GOP risks losing the senate this year.
    You are showing how deranged you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are showing how deranged you are.
    More mocking and insulting? i thought for sure you claimed Trump would be getting Americans out of the middle east and Iraq? it doesnt seem that is happening at all. Your trump want a war and regime change to happen look at my threads.

You do realize Rudy has done a lot to protect the MEK from not being marked as terrorists right? and are now treating them as the official Iranian opposition?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast