Thread: IOWA POLL: Sanders, Biden, Buttigieg Tied...

IOWA POLL: Sanders, Biden, Buttigieg Tied...

A new CBS News poll shows a three-way tie among Democrats in Iowa, with Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg each at 23% support. Elizabeth Warren at 16% and Amy Klobuchar at 7% rounded out the top five, a month before Iowa voters attend the caucuses.

In New Hampshire, the second state to hold a 2020 nominating contest, Sanders was in the lead at 27% to Biden’s 25%, with Warren at 18% and Buttigieg at 13%.

The jump in support over the holidays put the Vermont senator in his strongest position yet in the two early-voting states. Warren has slipped in New Hampshire since November as progressive voters there appear to switch their allegiance to Sanders.

Biden, the former vice president, continued to poll highly as the “safe” choice among Iowa Democrats and scored highest there and in New Hampshire when asked ifhe would “probably win” in a general election against President Donald Trump. Still, only 38% of Democrats in Iowa and 36% in New Hampshire said Biden would probably beat Trump.

The polls were conducted for CBS by YouGov Dec. 27-Jan. 3, and included 2,000 registered voters in Iowa and 1,000 in New Hampshire. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.8 percentage points in Iowa and 5.3 points in New Hampshire. -- Ros Krasny
    ]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ate/ar-BBYDlYE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking at it from a sports fan type view- an interesting match-up would be Trump vs Bloomberg- two New York billionaires going at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Looking at it from a sports fan type view- an interesting match-up would be Trump vs Bloomberg- two New York billionaires going at it.
    You know, that's really not a bad perspective. Its all just playoffs for one league to challenge the other in the Super bowl.
    Where is John Galt?

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Bernie will most likely come out of that the victor.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

But one of them can prove to be a net positive billionaire, the other is a king of debt. Not that equal of a matchup.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

trump wins that easily
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    trump wins that easily
    Trump and Bloomberg both say they will be spending $10 million on Super Bowl ads.

According to the New York Times, the ad will target President Donald Trump, whose campaign bought a 30-second spot.

The biggest point is getting under Trump’s skin,” Bloomberg spokesman Michael Frazier told the New York Times. “We have the means to raise a national campaign unlike any other candidate.”
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/2834756001/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Looking at it from another view, I wonder if Biden is happy about being in a three way with Buttigieg?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Bloomberg might actually be the strongest candidate (but he's not going to get nominated unless Biden implodes).
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I think Bloomberg might actually be the strongest candidate (but he's not going to get nominated unless Biden implodes).
    From an actual competency standpoint he is probably the best in either party. Ran a hugely successful company and kept NYC clean.

The problem is he has views for everyone to hate. Stop and frisk and strongly wants to ban marijuana and still is saying Iraq was a good idea so Dems will hate him. Plus he is an old rich white billionaire. And he is saying that hero in Texas shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in church so moderates probably won't for him.

Seems like he's a guy that could win a race where getting potholes fixed and roads plowed is the big concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    From an actual competency standpoint he is probably the best in either party. Ran a hugely successful company and kept NYC clean.

The problem is he has views for everyone to hate. Stop and frisk and strongly wants to ban marijuana and still is saying Iraq was a good idea so Dems will hate him. Plus he is an old rich white billionaire. And he is saying that hero in Texas shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in church so moderates probably won't for him.

Seems like he's a guy that could win a race where getting potholes fixed and roads plowed is the big concern.
    To be honest, I know almost nothing about his policies. He strikes me as a strong candidate simply because he's fairly well known, experienced, perceived as "moderate," has a personality that I think might work in a debate with Trump (not going to get all worked up by Trump's antics), and has many billions of dollars (important for campaign spending, but also for weakening Trump's "successful businessman" appeal). But you might be right; maybe his policies make him unelectable.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken