Thread: 5 Essential Nutrients Most Of Us Are Not Getting Enough Of

5 Essential Nutrients Most Of Us Are Not Getting Enough Of

5 Essential Nutrients Most Of Us Are Not Getting Enough Of

Jan 1, 2020 03:23 AM By Jan Cortes

Eat healthy foods consistently and you get all of the nutrients that your body needs on the daily to maintain proper health all throughout your life. And add a little of bit exercise there, right?

Turns out, it’s not as simple as that. At least, on the whole “eat healthy foods and get all the nutrients” part.

In fact, it can be quite the equation when you’re out there trying to figure out which nutrients you need to get to stay healthy, and then constructing a diet that would cover all of the bases you have in mind, all without breaking the bank and going overboard.

But don’t worry, we understand. Heck, even food nutritionists spend years in school just so they can understand all this nutrient business and help us sort through the chaos. And speaking of nutritionists, here’s what they think you should be eating more this 2020:

Vitamin K2

One of the most common nutrients we lack is vitamin K2, which is essential in keeping the soft tissues in our body calcium-free. It’s also essential for pregnant women. To get it, simply opt for grass-fed, full-fat dairy and dairy products, as well as kale, spinach, collards, beet greens and mustard greens .

Vitamin D

Because it’s a nutrient that’s not always so readily available, it’s important that we keep track of our vitamin D needs because it’s an important immune-supporter as much as it is a bone growth helper. For Vitamin D, simply take a supplement and make sure you aim for at least 2,000 IU every day.

Fiber

This one is important since it keeps our digestive system healthy, all while giving us a slew of other health benefits. To make sure you’re getting it, opt for leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables, and spread out your intake throughout the day.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Essential for our heart health, you can get Omega-3 from fish and olive oil, as well as avocados and seeds.

Magnesium

Involved in many biochemical reactions in our body, we can get magnesium from greens, seeds, nuts and legumes.
    https://www.medicaldaily.com/5-essen...ndex.com&dbr=1
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have started a Magnesium supplement. Magnesium Taurate to be specific. I did a little research and find numerous types of Magnesium though. Do you find one type better than another. Would be interested in your thoughts donnay.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I have started a Magnesium supplement. Magnesium Taurate to be specific. I did a little research and find numerous types of Magnesium though. Do you find one type better than another. Would be interested in your thoughts donnay.
    Magnesium Taurate and glycinate are easily absorbed.

This is a very good article that breaks it all down pretty succiently.

Magnificent Magnesium
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...ent-magnesium/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Magnesium Taurate and glycinate are easily absorbed.

This is a very good article that breaks it all down pretty succiently.

Magnificent Magnesium
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...ent-magnesium/
    Thank you so much for the article. I started taking magnesium when I developed heart palpitations, skipped heart beats. I’ve been on the regimen for about three months now and my symptoms have improved at least 80%.
    I came across this video that started me on my magnesium study and continue to research it.

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

I drink magnesium citrate solution every now and then when fiber, Mitralax, and Senna, fail me!