Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Goes to War Against Iran

Trump Goes to War Against Iran

Trump Authorized Strike That Killed Iran’s Soleimani: Pentagon

President Trump authorized strike that killed Iran’s Qassem Soleimani : Pentagon

*Soleimani was developing plans to attack U.S. diplomats and service members in Iraq: Pentagon

*The strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans: Pentagon

Qassem Soleimani, leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ foreign wing, was killed in a strike on his convoy in Iraq, an attack his Iraqi allies blamed on the U.S.

Top Iraqi paramilitary commander Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes was killed alongside Mr. Soleimani when their convoy was struck on the road leading to Baghdad International Airport.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/leader-...ed-11578015855

https://www.twitter.com/ABC/status/1212929332181528577

https://www.twitter.com/RonPaul/stat...71458135236608
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-03-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump Authorized Strike That Killed Iran’s Soleimani: Pentagon
    Link?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTr...4762827046918/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Link?
    Pentagon is supposed to be the source.

Ironically, this is impeachable, but the neoconservative Democrat leadership will praise him on this.

The Pentagon has confirmed that United States forces killed Iranian Gen. Qassim Soleimani “at the direction of the president.”
    It said in a statement that “General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.”
    The statement continued: "This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-trumps-orders

No link to the statement so far.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

The strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy commander of Iran-backed militias in Iraq known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, or PMF, Iraqi officials said. The PMF media arm said the two were killed in an American airstrike that targeted their vehicle on the road to the airport.

Citing a Revolutionary Guard statement, Iranian state television said Soleimani was “martyred” in an attack by U.S. helicopters near the airport, without elaborating.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who was vacationing on his estate in Palm Beach, Florida, but sent out a tweet of an American flag.

Their deaths are a potential turning point in the Middle East and if the U.S. carried them out, it represents a drastic change for American policy toward Iran after months of tensions.

Tehran shot down a U.S. military surveillance drone and seized oil tankers. Meanwhile, the U.S. blames Iran for a series of attacks targeting tankers, as well as a September assault on Saudi Arabia’s oil industry that temporarily halved its production.

The tensions take root in Trump’s decision in May 2018 to withdraw the U.S. from Iran’s nuclear deal with world powers, struck under his predecessor.

A senior Iraqi politician and a high-level security official confirmed to The Associated Press that Soleimani and al-Muhandis were among those killed in the attack shortly after midnight. Two militia leaders loyal to Iran also confirmed the deaths, including an official with the Kataeb Hezbollah faction, which was involved in the New Year’s Eve attack by Iran-backed militias on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

The security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said al-Muhandis had arrived to the airport in a convoy along with others to receive Soleimani, whose plane had arrived from either Lebanon or Syria. The airstrike took place near the cargo area after he left the plane to be greeted by al-Muhandis and others.

Two officials from the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces said Suleimani’s body was torn to pieces in the attack while they did not find the body of al-Muhandis. Asenior politician said Soleimani’s body was identified by the ring he wore.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject and because they were not authorized to give official statements.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...paramilitaries
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-02-2020 at 09:24 PM.

I still wouldn't call this "war".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Pentagon has confirmed that United States forces killed Iranian Gen. Qassim Soleimani “at the direction of the president.”
    It said in a statement that “General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.”
    The statement continued: "This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-trumps-orders

No link to the statement so far.
    In full, the statement said: "At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.
    "General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months - including the attack on December 27th - culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.
    "This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world."

Still no link.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Harder for you to say Trump is trying to avoid wars.

U.S. officials have suggested they were prepared to engage in further retaliatory attacks in Iraq.

“The game has changed,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Thursday, telling reporters that violent acts by Iran-backed Shiite militias in Iraq — including the rocket attack on Dec. 27 that killed one American — will be met with U.S. military force.
    https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Harder for you to say Trump is trying to avoid wars.
    Let me know when he bombs Iran, or sends in troops.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let me know when he bombs Iran, or sends in troops.
    He sent 750 more to Iraq this week. He bombed Syria last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He sent 750 more to Iraq this week. He bombed Syria last week.
    Iraq is not a warzone and our embassy was just attacked.

Our intervention in Syria started before he was elected and he is getting us out in phases.

He's not going to start a war with Iran.

All of his moves including this one are designed to be something other than a war with Iran.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A little hyperbole never hurts, especially in the face of an entire FakeNews establishment that will spin this as nothing.

I wonder what it would be called if the Iranian government killed Pompeo in Iraq, and proudly took credit?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It was legal because the IRGC was designated as a foreign terror organization under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (AEDPA).
    Ah, loopholes. Congress is always happy to delegate their power to the POTUS, especially if it is a controversial action. The media has been very clear that this was all Trump...no doubt they don’t want this to be attached to any other politicians.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iraq is not a warzone and our embassy was just attacked.

Our intervention in Syria started before he was elected and he is getting us out in phases.

He's not going to start a war with Iran.

All of his moves including this one are designed to be something other than a war with Iran.
    The embassy was attacked because he bombed Syria and Iraqi backed troops in Iraq. Now he has killed one of their top generals. He isn't exactly promoting peace with them.

Ah, loopholes. Congress is always happy to delegate their power to the POTUS, especially if it is a controversial action. The media has been very clear that this was all Trump...no doubt they don’t want this to be attached to any other politicians.
    Trump did ask Iran to stop sponsoring terror the nice way. Designated the IRGC a terror organization last april. How many Americans are going to have to die before they pay the price??? That IRGC leader wasn't in Iran. He was in Iraq. We have been in Iraq for over a decade now. Im not defending the Iraq war but Iran knew damn well that they were provoking an incident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...aq/2800808001/

The Pentagon launched an airstrike Thursday night that killed a powerful Iranian military leader, Gen. Qassim Soleimani, at Baghdad’s international airport.
    The Defense Department said it conducted the attack at President Donald Trump's direction as a "defensive action" against Soleimani, who it said was planning further attacks on American diplomats and service members.
    Soleimani is an extremely influential figure inside Iran, heading Iran's elite Quds Force, part of the country's hard-line paramilitary Revolutionary Guard Corps.
    "General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region," the Defense Department said in a statement Thursday night. "General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more."

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Trump being played by the criminal in chief in Tel Aviv who is about to be convicted. What better way at wagging the dog than having the stupid cattle do the fighting and the dying.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Trump did ask Iran to stop sponsoring terror the nice way. Designated the IRGC a terror organization last april. How many Americans are going to have to die before they pay the price??? That IRGC leader wasn't in Iran. He was in Iraq. We have been in Iraq for over a decade now. Im not defending the Iraq war but Iran knew damn well that they were provoking an incident.
    and we stepped right into this trap. Now they will use this against us for an endless tit for tat battles til the end of time.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

This just blows my mind. Imagine if Iran knocked off Gen. Petraus in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    and we stepped right into this trap. Now they will use this against us for an endless tit for tat battles til the end of time.
    Trump took out the organizations deputy commander as a clear message. This wasn't tit for tat. Trump isn't going to mess around and waste American blood on them. He will destroy their abilities to kill Americans or sponsor terrorists to kill Americans and they will regret not taking Trumps recommendation to stop sponsoring terrorism seriously.

Trump took out the organizations deputy commander as a clear message. This wasn't tit for tat. Trump isn't going to mess around and waste American blood on them. He will destroy their abilities to kill Americans or sponsor terrorists to kill Americans and they will regret not taking Trumps recommendation to stop sponsoring terrorism seriously.
    This is going to go on for a looong time to come. I expect blowback somewhere on our soil followed by a message that this is in retaliation for the killing of this General.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://www.twitter.com/ChrisMurphyC...13952436445185

https://www.twitter.com/ChrisMurphyC...35419752599552

https://www.twitter.com/ChrisMurphyC...13952436445185

https://www.twitter.com/ChrisMurphyC...35419752599552
    ^^^this^^^

First off...WE are the largest terrorist organization on this planet. Secondly....WE shouldn't be meddling in the middle east to begin with. We have no business being there. This was a blatant act of war and there will be blowback from this assassination. Of course, this is what THEY want. Trump is just another warhawk
    neocon and no further proof is needed for this fact.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    This is going to go on for a looong time to come. I expect blowback somewhere on our soil followed by a message that this is in retaliation for the killing of this General.
    This is a bigger blow to them than they can blow back. This was already blowback from what they did to us. Trump doesn't play blowback games. If they don't announce a change of behavior now he will cut another head off. You ever seen a chicken with its head cut off?? It won't be very pretty but it will send the message. Its the only way they will understand.

Solemiani popularity with Shia’s is very strong

Gut tells me their will be deadly responses by individuals acting on their own.

Hope I am wrong

Israel & Saudi Arabia probably celebrating more than US

This is a bigger blow to them than they can blow back. This was already blowback from what they did to us. Trump doesn't play blowback games. If they don't announce a change of behavior now he will cut another head off. You ever seen a chicken with its head cut off?? It won't be very pretty but it will send the message. Its the only way they will understand.
    Watch for a tanker attack soon or blockade in the gulf. They will do something, count on it.

https://www.ft.com/content/3d5a4cf0-...f-963f0ec7e134

Wargames are happening too.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast