Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Goes to War Against Iran

Ya I would expect increased shipping incidents in retaliation.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Trump said he was against Endless War.

That's not how this works.

I deal in reality, thanks.
    That's definitely not an exact quote of Trump. With most things Trump, you can find supporting and contrasting quotes from him.

Something something reality.

Well at least the line is very clear now and maybe people thought Trump wasn't serious. Do you remember when he stood down the imminent attack on Iran a while back for shooting down a drone, his response no American lives were lost so he wasn't going to take any Iranian ones. This was an interesting perspective.
    He warned them very clearly, if even one American life is lost the response will be swift and overwhelming. The more lives lost the bigger the attack, and Trump isn't fooling around either, if Iran wants to plan a bigger badder response that kills dozens, then Trump will respond tenfold.
    And target leadership as well.
    It's MAD all over again, but Iran can't win this with Trump at the helm. I don't like it at all, war is not a good thing, but Iran needs to be very careful with it's next moves.
    This isn't Obama.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ya I would expect increased shipping incidents in retaliation.
    Or cyberattacks. Maybe the regime will target RPF

And when that logic is applied to all parties?

"If US special forces general was in the US..."

Tell me how that works out.
    I see it all the same . As a former soldier I knew I was never safe in a foreign country . As bad as I was even I was probably not working on as many devious acts of covert war as this guy probably does and if I may be I would fully expect any enemies would take any opportunity to be rid of me. The part that surprises me is that this guy exposed himself so easily . I still hope we fully withdraw from Iraq . Now would be a good time because there will be an increase in activity now.
    Do something Danke

Something something reality.
    And you take that at face value? When I just showed tweet in 2018 of him threatening Iran. A person can believe or hope for wars to end, but when faced with a mass murderer killing Americans, they pull the trigger every time. Christians believe thou shall not kill right?? But recently a mass shooting at a church was stopped by a quick gunshot to the attackers head and this forum applauded.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

And you take that at face value?
    No.

You don't seem to understand blowback. Trump may have just killed millions by killing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Or cyberattacks. Maybe the regime will target RPF
    Probably have been , republicanguy could have been a communist Persian agent and they are probably tailing Josh and Danke now .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I’ll repeat an earlier post..Soleimani wanted to be a martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Iran vows revenge amid fears of 'devastating war': Supreme leader promises 'jihad' against US for killing general as Hezbollah vows 'worldwide resistance' and Americans are told 'Leave Iraq NOW'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lls-seven.html
    This dude leads chants of "death to America" and promises jihad against the US on a daily basis. His words are meaningless. Its bewildering how some people can think if we make this dude happy, there will be peace and rainbows all over the world.
    Last edited by spudea; 01-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

No.

You don't seem to understand blowback. Trump may have just killed millions by killing one.
    And he may have prevented millions from dying by killing one. I do know that many Iranians are celebrating this POS's death.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And he may have prevented millions from dying by killing one. I do know that many Iranians are celebrating this POS's death.
    This guy is likely responsible for the deaths of a lot of innocent Iraqis so privately about the same there .
    Do something Danke

Hope for an immediate withdrawal . Now is the time . I would not have even considered this unless that was the plan .
    Do something Danke

Hope for an immediate withdrawal . Now is the time . I would not have even considered this unless that was the plan .
    I'm thinking Iraq will kick us out like in 2014, they don't want to be in the middle of this. But then we still have bases/forces in Kuwait so not much improvement there.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Looks like the chances of war with Iran have increased with this little stunt.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's definitely not an exact quote of Trump. With most things Trump, you can find supporting and contrasting quotes from him.
    Which means he has no concept of a core belief system if he can't keep things straight.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I would say if nothing escalates in the next year, then the attack will be successful in terms of "deterring future Iranian attack plans". Legality and morality aside of course.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Iraq doesn't belong to Iran.
    Nor does America belong in Iraq while being a Shia Majority!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I would say if nothing escalates in the next year, then the attack will be successful in terms of "deterring future Iranian attack plans". Legality and morality aside of course.

This guy is likely responsible for the deaths of a lot of innocent Iraqis so privately about the same there .
    No evidence for this statement, unless you consider Iraqi ISIS members to be 'innocent'.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I truly believe that because of your defects as a human being which you have admitted to that makes you incapable of fighting, you should have zero input in matters concerning war. Go to the podiatrist and psychiatrist and get yourself fixed before delving into the matters of war. You people are going to be the death of us.
    Its not my foot or my brain. Sorry. The American people voted for Trump. You can't blame this on me you crazy communist.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Maybe Iranians in America are celebrating because they believe that this is a signal of regime change in Iran led by the US. But this guy was immensely popular in Iraq/Syria/Iran for defeating ISIS. I am quite surprised by the prevalence of ISIS sympathizers in this thread.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Which means he has no concept of a core belief system if he can't keep things straight.
    Or different things are different. I don't want war, but I also won't cower like a beaten dog when faced with lunatic killers like the leaders of Iran, they would happily kill you and everyone you ever cared about. If Trump wanted open war with Iran, there have been several prior opportunities that we saw him decline.

Im talking about ownership. Iran doesnt get to own Iraq.
    According to the Shia religion it does.

don't want war, but I also won't cower like a beaten dog when faced with lunatic killers like the leaders of Iran, they would happily kill you and everyone you ever cared about.
    Are you or Todd members of ISIS? If not, then you have nothing to fear from Iran.

Im talking about ownership. Iran doesnt get to own Iraq.
    And does America need a huge occupational embassy in Iraq to show to the world a one that looks like the vatican?

Americans just united both Iraq and Iran!

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast