Thread: Trump Just Announced A Nationwide Ban Of All Vape Flavors Except Tobacco And Menthol

Trump Just Announced A Nationwide Ban Of All Vape Flavors Except Tobacco And Menthol

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...uul-flavor-ban

The Trump administration on Thursday announced plans to bar sales of flavored e-cigarette cartridges, except for menthol and tobacco flavors.

"The United States has never seen an epidemic of substance use arise as quickly as our current epidemic of youth use of e-cigarettes," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a statement about the change, which goes into effect in 30 days.

The FDA released its statement announcing the new policy on Thursday, saying the move was not a "ban" but an announcement prioritizing the agency's law enforcement powers against tobacco products. The FDA "has attempted to balance the public health concerns," the statement said.

The move would exclude refillable vaporizer liquid flavors also sold in vape shops. Unlike the cartridges, which are commonly used in e-cigarette devices like Juul, the exempt liquids are used in vaping devices that come with a refillable reservoir tank.

The partial flavor "enforcement policy" comes as a retreat from the president first saying he would ban all flavored vapes in early September. Last month, Trump signed the federal spending bill that raised the age to buy both tobacco cigarettes and e-cigarettes to 21, up from 18 nationwide. That age increase covers flavored nicotine liquids sold to refill larger vaporizers, which are exempted from the new ban.

“We’re going to protect our families, we’re going to protect our children, and we’re going to protect the industry," said President Donald Trump on New Year's Eve. "People have died from this."

In November, survey results reported by the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested that more than 1 in 4 high school students (more than 5 million teens nationwide) now use flavored e-cigarettes monthly, a significant increase from last year that alarmed public health officials. Mint was the most popular flavor among high school students, according to the surveys, followed by mango.
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The move would exclude refillable vaporizer liquid flavors also sold in vape shops
    So nothing is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So nothing is banned.
    Except for the stuff they plan on banning, like flavored pre-filled cartridges. $#@! a bunch of open market bull$#@!.

And an obligatory thank you to Uncle Sugar for truly and honestly caring for the children!

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

So nothing is banned.
    Juul is the #1 company and I believe they all use cartridges.

https://truthinitiative.org/research...nd-regulations

JUUL’s sales market share continued to rise throughout 2018 and top out at 75% among U.S. e-cigarette sales in July 2019.

Juul cartridges are easy to refill. If you are using a juul you should definitely look into refilling your own pods. I pay $15 for 30 ml compared to $25 for one 4 pack of Juul's 0.7 ml cartridges. That is 17.8 times more liquid per dollar. Even better, after that, you'll get tired of refilling them and pick up a vape pen that is designed to be refillable. It takes less effort to refill a juul pod than it does to buy one, but there are better solutions.

So nothing is banned.
    Stop disrupting Zip's agenda, its very inconvenient.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Juul cartridges are easy to refill. If you are using a juul you should definitely look into refilling your own pods. I pay $15 for 30 ml compared to $25 for one 4 pack of Juul's 0.7 ml cartridges. That is 17.8 times more liquid per dollar. Even better, after that, you'll get tired of refilling them and pick up a vape pen that is designed to be refillable. It takes less effort to refill a juul pod than it does to buy one, but there are better solutions.
    I pay $35.00 for 300ml of 24mg VG.

Only people buying Juul's are 1st timers and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Stop disrupting Zip's agenda, its very inconvenient.
    Riddle me this Sherlock, if nothing is banned, why put out a fatwa against flavoured e-cigs? Its either you think Trump is a fool or the millions of people who now use prefilled e-cigs are just gonna wake up tomorrow, buy a e-cig kit, teach themselves how to mix it and start smoking again. I know people who are trying to stock up on this $#@! now. I know its a past time around here to reflectively dismiss zippy but this is going to be a real ban if pre filled e cigs are made illegal.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Riddle me this Sherlock, if nothing is banned, why put out a fatwa against flavoured e-cigs? Its either you think Trump is a fool or the millions of people who now use prefilled e-cigs are just gonna wake up tomorrow, buy a e-cig kit, teach themselves how to mix it and start smoking again. I know people who are trying to stock up on this $#@! now. I know its a past time around here to reflectively dismiss zippy but this is going to be a real ban if pre filled e cigs are made illegal.
    Ok, Dr. Serious. Ok.

I know the black market quite well. You're just preaching to the choir with me.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    My friend uses the Fuse solo creame and I have been trying to warn her that the govt was going to ban e-cigs sooner or later and she should start mixing her own but she just loves the convenience. A few months back, fuse stopped selling creme and she had to switch to watermelon. I bet she starts smoking again before mixing her own e-cigs.

This is the govt trying to push more smokers back to cigs. This is because the govt makes loads of money from the taxes of cigs. Fu*king fed govt

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Ok, Dr. Serious. Ok.

I know the black market quite well. You're just preaching to the choir with me.
    I don't knw whose post you were responding to but what I see is here no admission that zippy was right about the ban and you are wrong for dismissing it.

That is incorrect the Queen of the North uses them

https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/so...2227#122832227

Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

indeed, I don't know anybody that has ever used a juul, but lots of people that order the liquids and use refillables.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't knw whose post you were responding to but what I see is here no admission that zippy was right about the ban and you are wrong for dismissing it.
    Zip wasn't right or wrong, in fact all Zip did was post the article. Doesn't change from the agenda at hand.

I will continue to troll zip when I please, with or without explanation.

Don't wait up too late for me princess, you'll be sorely disappointed.
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-02-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

I guess Warlord was trolling too when he posted on the subject when it was first proposed. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...co-and-menthol

Not a good day in AmeriKa if you're not banning something.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Besides being addictive, what is wrong with nicotine? I thought it was the smoke that was the issue.

Sugar is probably far worse.