Thread: Trump Stumbling Into Neocon Trap In Iraq

Trump Stumbling Into Neocon Trap In Iraq

Trump Stumbling Into Neocon Trap In Iraq

President Trump is swallowing the neocon line on the Iraqi protests at the US embassy in Baghdad, blaming the whole incident on Iran. Suddenly everyone who doesn't want the US military to continue to occupy Iraq - nearly 17 years after an invasion based on lies - is an "Iranian proxy." Will Trump continue to take the neocon bait and stumble his way into a war on Iran? Starting a war based on neocon lies is likely the only thing that would prevent his re-election.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are we there yet?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Golly I can't believe Sword hasn't responded yet

Most ironic quote of the 20th Century

"I hate war." ----- FDR 1936

i dread ww3

i know ww1

was set off by

an assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He will. Give it time. It's a gimme.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This move is beyond stupid. I just read that this Iranian General is one of the key strategists in the removal of ISIS as a major threat in Iraq. Also the attack killed 5 members of the Iraq's Shia Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) also a key factor in ISIS removal.

No one can argue that Trump is a the peace guy anymore. Not with a straight face.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    This move is beyond stupid. I just read that this Iranian General is one of the key strategists in the removal of ISIS as a major threat in Iraq. Also the attack killed 5 members of the Iraq's Shia Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) also a key factor in ISIS removal.

No one can argue that Trump is a the peace guy anymore. Not with a straight face.
    He never has been- his rhetoric against Iran was war/more war from his campaign on.
    There is no spoon.

I'll argue it. Iraq's "Shia Popular Mobilization Forces" = Kata'ib Hezbollah

To call that group an ally because they also wanted ISIS gone is not only disingenuous, but borderline absurd. They killed an American, so we killed them, captured their leaders and killed an "Iranian General" who was responsible for thousands of deaths in his own country and hundreds of US deaths via an already ongoing proxy war in Iraq.

"Trump could have waited until Soleimani sent a dump truck packed with explosives into a US embassy or military installation, or had a Shia militia capture, torture and murder US personnel- but instead he decided to take action." -Buck Sexton (Former CIA Intel Officer in charge of Iraq)

Trump loses my vote if he starts a war with Iran, but this isn't that for now, and attacking a US embassy is an act of war.

Yeah. He was a pragmatic strategist, who also worked with the US as we prepared to go into Afghanistan. This is from 2013. It's a long but interesting read: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...adow-commander

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRocksMyWorld View Post
    I'll argue it. Iraq's "Shia Popular Mobilization Forces" = Kata'ib Hezbollah

To call that group an ally because they also wanted ISIS gone is not only disingenuous, but borderline absurd. They killed an American, so we killed them, captured their leaders and killed an "Iranian General" who was responsible for thousands of deaths in his own country and hundreds of US deaths via an already ongoing proxy war in Iraq.

"Trump could have waited until Soleimani sent a dump truck packed with explosives into a US embassy or military installation, or had a Shia militia capture, torture and murder US personnel- but instead he decided to take action." -Buck Sexton (Former CIA Intel Officer in charge of Iraq)

Trump loses my vote if he starts a war with Iran, but this isn't that for now, and attacking a US embassy is an act of war.
    Let's wait and see. Iraq is asking us to leave. If we do, then I will give Trump kudos, but I am going to guess that the reaction to the killing of a popular Shiite general isn't going to be polite.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    A direct attack on RP would be too obvious.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.