Thread: Where are the best places to get some good , cheap

Where are the best places to get some good , cheap

Boxes of tea bags that do not require membership ? Mrs O complains about what I get at the dollar store ( seems fine to me ), I think it is Lipton .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll trade you a blanket.

When I was younger I just dug sassafras roots .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When I was younger I just dug sassafras roots .
    I like sassafras: makes good tea.

Boxes of tea bags that do not require membership ? Mrs O complains about what I get at the dollar store ( seems fine to me ), I think it is Lipton .
    If you bring home tea that is satisfactory to you but not to Mrs. O, I suggest Mrs. O start bringing home the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If you bring home tea that is satisfactory to you but not to Mrs. O, I suggest Mrs. O start bringing home the tea.
    That was my first thought since I think that is what she would tell me . I wisely caught myself though . She is very crazy and unmedicated so I try not to agitate her unless it is important . I figured one of the smart people on RPF's would know where I could get a good deal on a good quality box of tea bags and between that , what I got her for Christmas , taking her out to dinner for New Years , getting her a new TV for her birthday and all this wood I have split she may be happy to spring . This way I can concentrate on the things I like to do and neglect her ridiculous wishes and get by with it .
    Do something Danke

That was my first thought since I think that is what she would tell me . I wisely caught myself though . She is very crazy and unmedicated so I try not to agitate her unless it is important . I figured one of the smart people on RPF's would know where I could get a good deal on a good quality box of tea bags and between that , what I got her for Christmas , taking her out to dinner for New Years , getting her a new TV for her birthday and all this wood I have split she may be happy to spring . This way I can concentrate on the things I like to do and neglect her ridiculous wishes and get by with it .
    Asian markets have inexpensive tea.

You could ask her what tea she likes and then get that tea. Or you can post on here in your broken English while seeking attention.
    Specifically I wouldn't know what a good tea is. Down in these here parts the only tea we drink is Tequila.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AF can probably direct you to your local Walmart
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    AF can probably direct you to your local Walmart
    I never go there, i'll try menards when I am in next since we do not have an asian market
    Do something Danke

If she wants tea bags, go to the grocery store. If she like loose tea, try Log Cabin Tea. Mama’s Colada will give you peace and quiet until she runs out.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    You could ask her what tea she likes and then get that tea. Or you can post on here in your broken English while seeking attention.
    Specifically I wouldn't know what a good tea is. Down in these here parts the only tea we drink is Tequila.
    The english teacher i meet in a bar in Del Rio Texas said my english is good. Tequila is just some home brew made of cactus for poor Mexican peasants . This is why I asked for the smart forum members to respond .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-01-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Do something Danke

Tetley.
    British Blend.
    It's strong black tea.
    Good for iced tea. Don't know about hot tea. Hate hot tea.
    In any grocery store.
    Why am I talking like this?
    no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I didn't think this would be a good place to ask about tea. Maybe try the democrat forums.
    There are no dems around my house . They would only want tea if someone else was paying for it.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Tetley.
    British Blend.
    It's strong black tea.
    Good for iced tea. Don't know about hot tea. Hate hot tea.
    In any grocery store.
    Why am I talking like this?
    no idea.
    good info , she uses it to make iced tea
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe Trader Joe’s?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Maybe Trader Joe’s?
    Trader Joe's food units are top-notch.
    Last edited by SimmerDown; 12-31-2019 at 02:31 PM.

I have a box to try . When getting it I also saw a box without the tag . I thought about getting some of those too .
    Do something Danke

Asking about tea is like asking about beer. To people who don't really drink it, it seems like all the same thing, but it is definitely not.

For a "proper cup", that is, strong black tea with no sugar and only a bit of whole milk (not cream), buy Bewleys in bags directly from bewleys.com .
    PG tips makes an acceptable proper cup and can be found at better supermarkets.

For black with sweetener, you're basically ruining the tea, so use any English breakfast or Irish breakfast tea, and they will also do in a pinch with milk, but FFS do not put English and Irish teas next to each other in the cupboard. Burn everything British but their coal.

ETA I don't normally do black with nothing, but it is very good to do with Earl Grey or Darjeeling. Look for Twinings in supermarkets. There is better than Twinings but also much worse... They're reliable.

I haven't yet gotten into oolongs.

Going into the greens, first off, everyone should, because they are awesome. Gunpowder tea is available cheap and in bulk at any asian market and they're all roughly the same. But the secret to greens, and probably the reason people don't like them, is you need to get the tea out of the water a MAXIMUM of 90 seconds after it goes in.

The best green tea that I serve for company is Yun Wu.

ETA a lot of what I mentioned here is more expensive than cheap ass Lipton, bit it's still all cheaper than soda. For $10 a month one can drink really enjoyable teas.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 01-03-2020 at 08:07 PM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I have had the Earl Gray before and it seemed good .
    Do something Danke