Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US strikes militia bases in Iraq and Syria

US strikes militia bases in Iraq and Syria

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50941693

The US has conducted strikes against militia bases in Iraq and Syria following the death of a US contractor.

The US confirmed the strikes targeted weapon storage facilities along with command and control locations belonging to Kataib Hezbollah.

It is considered a terrorist organisation by the US.

One contractor was killed, several US troops and Iraqi personnel were wounded in a rocket attack on a base in Kirkuk on 27 December.

The strikes in Iraq were close to the western Qaim district, close to the border with Syria, according to Reuters news agency.

Kataib Hezbollah is a Shia Muslim militia group that is backed by Iran. It was founded in 2007.

Earlier this month, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iranian-backed forces for a series of attacks in Iraq.

He warned Iran that any attacks by the country or its proxies that harmed the US or allies would be "answered with a decisive US response".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump said we would be out of Syria a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump is the only president since Carter not to start a war (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yeah...and the leftists and the rightists bitched about it. "OMG! He's abandoning our (fake) allies the Kurds in favor of our NATO allies the Turks. People will DIE! It's the end of the freaking world!"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah...and the leftists and the rightists bitched about it. "OMG! He's abandoning our (fake) allies the Kurds in favor of our NATO allies the Turks. People will DIE! It's the end of the freaking world!"
    Trump the fake, phony actor pretending that he wanted to withdraw from Syria. I will not believe that he all of a sudden now listens to the left and the right who he insulted and dismissed throughout the campaign.

I don't want to hear that the left and the right bitched about anything. He is the Commander in Chief, the buck stops with him not the left and the right who the American people did not elect POTUS. Also nobody told him to bomb Syria during the Douma fake chemical attack, he did it before any investigation when his daughter shed crocodile tears to him.

US Troops should have left....

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump the fake, phony actor pretending that he wanted to withdraw from Syria. I will not believe that he all of a sudden now listens to the left and the right who he insulted and dismissed throughout the campaign.
    I know Trump is a phony and lives off of the praise of others despite the fact that he may insult and dismiss those same people. Which makes the fact that some (though not all) leftists bitch about "what's going to happen to the Kurds" all that more unforgivable. I had leftist jackasses on my FB feed saying "Trump has blood on his hands" because some Kurdish "activist" got killed. So sorry. So sad. Not my war. If you think people like that would be "happy" if Trump pulled all the way out of Syria then you are seriously deluded.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stop bombing all these countries and just come home already.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I know Trump is a phony and lives off of the praise of others despite the fact that he may insult and dismiss those same people. Which makes the fact that some (though not all) leftists bitch about "what's going to happen to the Kurds" all that more unforgivable. I had leftist jackasses on my FB feed saying "Trump has blood on his hands" because some Kurdish "activist" got killed. So sorry. So sad. Not my war. If you think people like that would be "happy" if Trump pulled all the way out of Syria then you are seriously deluded.
    I don't care what the leftist think in this matter, this is one area Trump has the constitutional authority to act and now he wants to listen to leftists and their bleeding heart daughter. $#@! that, last week he warned the Syrian govt and their allies not to attack their terrorists merc in Idlib, so yea $#@! in. He is just as bad as the terrorist godfather Obama.

I don't care what the leftist think in this matter, this is one area Trump has the constitutional authority to act and now he wants to listen to leftists and their bleeding heart daughter. $#@! that, last week he warned the Syrian govt and their allies not to attack their terrorists merc in Idlib, so yea $#@! in. He is just as bad as the terrorist godfather Obama.
    Trump's an ass. But he is an ass that responds both to praise and criticism despite what you've been led to believe. And all he got from his modest attempt to shift a few troops around in Syria was criticism. You can keep repeating yourself ad nauseum all you want.

Trump's an ass. But he is an ass that responds both to praise and criticism despite what you've been led to believe. And all he got from his modest attempt to shift a few troops around in Syria was criticism. You can keep repeating yourself ad nauseum all you want.
    Don't encourage him.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump is the only president since Carter not to start a war (so far)
    Apparently he has plenty to play with already..

Iraq
    Iran
    Syria
    Afghanistan
    South America
    Korea

and provoking a Trade War with China.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Apparently he has plenty to play with already..

Iraq
    Iran
    Syria
    Afghanistan
    South America
    Korea

and provoking a Trade War with China.
    I am seriously worried about Trump taking that to a hot war. I've been hearing rumblings from the right actually advocating a shooting war with China.

Rand Paul gave the "proudest I have ever been about a president in my life" line and yet Trump actually went ahead to increase troops. His supporters would have heaped praise on him had he gone ahead with the plan and yet this man who loves praise is not responding. Instead he he keeps trying to appease the group of people that are supposedly against him.

The man is acting, he is playing us with this pretend game. Once you realize that he is acting and he works for the deep state then this stuff starts to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Don't encourage him.
    You my friend are a fu*king moron and I have to say that I feel much better getting it out. Carry on

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You my friend are a fu*king moron and I have to say that I feel much better getting it out. Carry on
    Another internet tough guy, how original.
    "The Patriarch"

Trump is getting us out.
    Not as fast as I want but it is happening:

Russia takes over base left by U.S. forces near Syria's Raqqa

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Look, I am not in the business of beating old men and/or mental retards. I know you don't want to engage me in the forum for the fear that I will hurt your feelings or something like that. I am OK with you not wanting to chat with me. The part that annoys me is when you come into a discussion forum and try to recruit other posters into joining your personal crusade against me.

Don't be a stinking rat and you will have no issues with me. Now go fu*k off.

Some people can't handle a Che as their avatar. It goes right to their head.

Look, I am not in the business of beating old men and/or mental retards. I know you don't want to engage me in the forum for the fear that I will hurt your feelings or something like that. I am OK with you not wanting to chat with me. The part that annoys me is when you come into a discussion forum and try to recruit other posters into joining your personal crusade against me.

Don't be a stinking rat and you will have no issues with me. Now go fu*k off.
    Like I said, another internet tough guy. Any piece of $#@! can talk $#@! from behind a keyboard, you are exhibit A.
    "The Patriarch"

Rand Paul gave the "proudest I have ever been about a president in my life" line and yet Trump actually went ahead to increase troops. His supporters would have heaped praise on him had he gone ahead with the plan and yet this man who loves praise is not responding. Instead he he keeps trying to appease the group of people that are supposedly against him.

The man is acting, he is playing us with this pretend game. Once you realize that he is acting and he works for the deep state then this stuff starts to make sense.
    Dude, I'm not a supporter. Get over yourself already. That said I am right to point out the hypocrisy of those who claim to be anti-war (the left) and then complain when Trump makes a half ass move to withdraw troops from Syria, not because they want him to pull all of the troops out but because they don't want him to pull any troops out.

Dude, I'm not a supporter. Get over yourself already. That said I am right to point out the hypocrisy of those who claim to be anti-war (the left) and then complain when Trump makes a half ass move to withdraw troops from Syria, not because they want him to pull all of the troops out but because they don't want him to pull any troops out.
    I never said you are a supporter. Get over myself? how? I thought we were just having a conversation here, we might have some disagreement but I don't see why I need to get over myself.

The problem is that I felt that you point fingers at other direction deflected the blame on Trump. The liberals or the other rightists weren't elected to the office of the presidency, they also did not make any comments about this policy, so I was a bit confused why anyone is bringing leftists and rightists to the conversation when the blame for the policy lies squarely on Trump.

I will just put it out there again, I think Trump is an actors who works for the deep state. I think he is following Obama's policy in Syria not because of anything the leftists or rightists did or will do. He does what his handlers tell him to do and anything else is just him pretending. Its like a 3 card monty, none of the cards Trump is showing is for anti interventionism, all of them say pro-war.

Please, I don't want to start a quarrel with you, I like reading and responding to your posts because they are usually very insightful, well reasoned and it gives a perspective that I may not have noticed before reading it. I just wanna chat with u.

Trump tips his hand in a Tweet

@19:55 Dr. Half Dollar predicts something like this based on a Trump tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Jihadists and AQ have a new air force and its the Trump air force willing to defend the Jihadists and AQ in Syria and Iraq. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump is getting us out.
    Not as fast as I want but it is happening:

Russia takes over base left by U.S. forces near Syria's Raqqa
    Will Trump and this clown admin get usa forces out of the Kurdish areas in NW of Syria where they just build the oil pumps to try and bleed Syria with? don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    US Troops should have left....
    As soon they saw Aleppo being liberated by the Syrian gov forces and that Syrian so called rebels weren't welcomed there what makes those idiotic war hawks think Rebels will be welcomed elsewhere in Syria?
    After the fall in Aleppo and defeat of Rebels there that was the moment when Americans and Western countries should have simply just left Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Will Trump and this clown admin get usa forces out of the Kurdish areas in NW of Syria where they just build the oil pumps to try and bleed Syria with? don't count on it.
    We will leave.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Post After Bombing In Iraq and In Syria Be Warned RPF "AL BAGHDAD will be used"

The American media no different from the trump admin nor the pentagon will be once again using Al Baghdad as a excuse for the reasons of the bombing in Iraq and the usual nonsense of somehow blaming Iran for the chaos in the middle east region and demanding Iran that must return to be a as normal nation.

America would never blame itself for the chaos and mess that is happening in the middle east they would prefer to put that blame upon someone else and that would be Iran.

America's war hawk still somehow think Iran would be a cakewalk when it comes to a possible military operation or even a regime change.

Bold America-First leadership, this should boost MAGA 'God' slash alpha image without reinforcing 'globalist neocons puppet' image that is being subscribed to in some far right conspiracy theories.

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

Top-neocon reverses course, says Trump's ‘most pro-Israel president ever’

Thank you Mr Prager for you support for MAGA movement.

How a Los Angeles-based conservative became one of the internet’s biggest sensations

Radio show host Dennis Prager is one of the mainstays of Glendale-based KRLA, part of the Salem Radio Network that specializes in conservative and Christian-themed programming.
    (Michael Robinson Chavez / Los Angeles Times)
    Aug. 23, 2019
    WASHINGTON — Earlier this summer, as President Trump assembled online activists at the White House to thank them for their role in getting him to the Oval Office and – Trump predicted – keeping him there, one guest didn’t rush to claim credit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast